Pet hates.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is my bf air kissing 'at' me from across the room. He does it way too much, like, every time i'm just being quiet, he will do it. Or if I walk in or out the room, or just any given random moment. He must do it at least every 10-15 mins. It was driving me crazy, After 18 months I just had to tell him. I know it's probably very sweet, but it just winds me right up! The noise, ugh!! lol.[/QUOTE]

OMG my ex used to do this and it drove me mad lol

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

It's only slagging of if you wouldn't say it to their face... Which I most defiantely would!! :smack: lol.

Agreed. The issues I've mentioned, I address directly with the client so I feel okay bringing up. That said....

I've had 30 years of tripping over my husband's huge size 12 shoes that he leaves strategically placed all over the house for me to bust my a**. He passed on this annoying habit to our son who wears a whopping size 15.

I was relieved when my son moved into a college apartment. Tripping over one of his shoes was like tripping over a freaking aircraft carrier!

Yes! My husband does this.
His favourite place is to put them on the door mat so if I'm coming in I can't get the door open, and then when I have forced it ,(in a rather spiteful way, I must admit:rolleyes:) ,thus squashing the shoes I trip over them 'cos I can't see over the Tesco's bags I am struggling with.
Just thought.....p'raps he's TRYING to keep me out:Scared:

Yes! My husband does this.
His favourite place is to put them on the door mat so if I'm coming in I can't get the door open, and then when I have forced it ,(in a rather spiteful way, I must admit:rolleyes:) ,thus squashing the shoes I trip over them 'cos I can't see over the Tesco's bags I am struggling with.
Just thought.....p'raps he's TRYING to keep me out:Scared:

I think the number of incidences of strategically placed shoes correlates directly to the amount of your life insurance.

When I'm reading and my fiancé keeps trying to talk to me! You'd think he'd get the hint when I ignore him!

When I'm concentrating and my fiancé starts stroking my cheek! Cute but irritating!

When I completely sort the wardrobe and he messes it up by the end of the day!! Aaarrrggg how hard is it to neatly fold and put away your clothes?!?!?!

He is a gem, honest ;) x

When someone asks you a question and talks over your answer.....

'Erm, I'm still talking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

I'm quite glad that my bf and I don't live together if that's what happens! although he only takes a size 10, so not too bad to trip over I suppose lol.

It also bugs me when he's stayed at mine, and says "where's this?" or "where's that?" and I say, "have you looked in your drawer?" ..."no" ...WELL FREAKING WELL LOOK IN THERE!!! lol. :Scared:

And people finishing your sentences!!! I know someone who says the last word of every sentence I say.

I'm quite glad that my bf and I don't live together if that's what happens! although he only takes a size 10, so not too bad to trip over I suppose lol.

It also bugs me when he's stayed at mine, and says "where's this?" or "where's that?" and I say, "have you looked in your drawer?" ..."no" ...WELL FREAKING WELL LOOK IN THERE!!! lol. :Scared:

Sorry but there's no point in saying that. They look and STILL can't see it when it's right there in front of them!

ps gr8nailz you've got me really worried now!

When I do a mani and the client keeps repositioning their fingers so they can see what I'm doing and I can't. OMG! I want to pop their fingers with my file!

I let go of their hands, cross my arms and lean back. When they realize I've stopped working and look confused.. I smile sweetly and hold my hand up the same way and ask if they can see my nails. They usually smile sheepishly and say 'no', and then I reply "I'm pretty sure you'd be MUCH MORE satisfied with my work if I could see what I was doing" then we laugh because I'll make a joke about Drunk looking nails.

People calling and texting while im doing their nails...can it not just wait for a bit?!?

Been seriously considering putting up a sign that says no texting.....

After I scrub fresh and primer their nails they touch them or rest their face in them! Really!?! I just removed all the dirt, oil, and make up that you are getting all over them!

I make it a point of when I start, by saying "now this hand belongs to me, it no longer exists for you" and we joke about it. I explain that she's not allowed to touch anything or do anything with it, not even flinch LOL All said smilingly of course LOL

My pet hate atm is people messaging me on fb asking prices - the price list is in a picture album clearly marked 'price list'.

Also people messaging me for appointments - it CLEARLY states I don't take appointments on fb because the diary is next to the phone at the salon. And I am rarely in the same place as my diary!

IT WINDS ME UP BAAAAAD!!
DITTO DITTO DITTO lol

Clients who re-arrange their appointment 3 times only to cancel at the last minute!
YUP, drives me bonkers too

It's only slagging of if you wouldn't say it to their face... Which I most definately would (and do!)!! :smack: lol.
Yup, ditto. I don't say anything I haven't or wouldn't say to someone's face. Truth of the matter is: in other work environments, co-workers get to 'vent' their frustrations to each other so that they don't blow up. It just happens that our situation is different because many of us work alone and don't have a way to let of steam (because who understands better than a colleague?).
Granted, when I VENT, it's said MUCH differently than I would say to their face HOWEVER, more or less, the same message gets delivered.

Oy, had one of those last week, newbie had never had nails before. Absolute DOLL and very sweet. TONNES of questions, which to my mind is GREAT because she wants to learn and understand. FABULOUS. But ummm please let me finish before posing another question, because the answer IS coming.... if you let me finish LOL
I teased her about it, and about her enthusiasm. Towards the end, I'd just smile and she'd realize that "oops" she did it again... LOL so we'd laugh.

Pet peeve: clients that brag about things they bought or vacations they've taken, shopping sprees etc..
THEN moan and complain about the price...
Sweetheart, you just went to Cuba for the 5th time... I've never been not once.
If you think I'm giving you a rebate, you're bonkers.

It bugs me when I am working on one hand and they rest their other hand on the first hands wrist. It adds pressure and limits mobility. I usually gently say something, or if I have said something to them in the past I gently move it then give them a smile. They usually say "oh, ya! Duh" lol

Omg i just have to agree! I just feel about to explode when someone does that! Why the hell are you asling for my opinion if you dont want to hear it??!!

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Haha! So true! Or they ask you the same question over and over again, several different ways!

This is a great thread! I'm not finished with my training yet to have any clients, but my pet hate right now is when people find out I'm training and completely underestimate the skills and professionalism required to be a nail tech!

i.e. 3 reponses I've heard this week:

'why do you need training just to paint people's nails?'
'OMG! you have to TRAIN to do that?!'

and my personal favorite- 'Oh hun, why don't you just get those home kits from Argos and use those? They even come with a DVD!'

Grrr. Really winds me up!!

Agreed. The issues I've mentioned, I address directly with the client so I feel okay bringing up. That said....

I've had 30 years of tripping over my husband's huge size 12 shoes that he leaves strategically placed all over the house for me to bust my a**. He passed on this annoying habit to our son who wears a whopping size 15.

I was relieved when my son moved into a college apartment. Tripping over one of his shoes was like tripping over a freaking aircraft carrier!

did i mention that i'm a really sweet young lady? :lick:

Bellé|Beauty;1268676 said:
When I'm reading and my fiancé keeps trying to talk to me! You'd think he'd get the hint when I ignore him!

YES. I LOVE my dear old father to death, but he does this allllllllll the time. I could be watching my favorite tv show, a movie, reading a book, organizing reciepts from the salon, ANYTHING. And he just carries on a full conversation lol

But I think my ultimate pet peeve with him, is when I'm watching the TV and he comes in and just stands there watching it beside the couch for 20 minutes.

:grr::grr::grr::grr:

that said, he's been amazingly supportive with me opening my salon, so I'm more than happy to deal with his annoying ways. :D

Latest posts

Back