Pet hates.........

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_nails

Reaction score
:), was just wondering if all you gees share the same pet hates as me lol! .......... My bigest at the moment is texts calls or mails asing if the could get a 'full set of nails done'! ...... I have to stop myself saying things like 'actually i only do two fingers on one hand and 3 on the other' Is this just me??

Also just reading a thread about families ..... My 13month old son, if i have done my nails at night, in the mrnings he will pick up my hand and properly inspect my nails. Its rather cute!! Oh and my mum is a nightmare for inbetween steps or whichever enhancement she is getting lifting her hand right up so she can see what ive done and why lol!!

xxx

When I do a mani and the client keeps repositioning their fingers so they can see what I'm doing and I can't. OMG! I want to pop their fingers with my file!

People calling and texting while im doing their nails...can it not just wait for a bit?!?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

After I scrub fresh and primer their nails they touch them or rest their face in them! Really!?! I just removed all the dirt, oil, and make up that you are getting all over them!

When I do a mani and the client keeps repositioning their fingers so they can see what I'm doing and I can't. OMG! I want to pop their fingers with my file!
O.m.g..... I hate that!!!!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I do my best friends nails and she often grabs the file and says "you've missed a bit, I'll just het that" thinking she is helping when actually most of the time I just haven't finished! Grrrr..... and when I come to soak them off if they don't come off in like 2 minutes, she's like "use that sharper tool to scrape them off" she just can't wait and let the acetone do its job! I wouldn't mind too much but she gets them done for free! Lol......frustration now vented.... :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

My sister does that, grabs the nail file...what is with that?! I'm working on something else at the minute, I'll shape them before I do the overlay! Urghhh. And when they try to look and when they simply don't relax, I've had one stiff as a board the whole testament before and she was like I'm relaxed! With a rigid arm? No you're not!

And waxing when they insist on holding on tight to their leg....(granted I do this but I hate it haha) x

customers who don't bring flipflops or sandles to a pedi appointment, even though we reminded them on their confirmation call/message. They always insist on putting on shoes and socks back on! :evil:

Customers who will always tell u a salon/mobile therapist down the road who will do their treatments for cheaper, whilst in the middle of their treatment!

people who expect miracles ie - want nails longer, eyebrows thicker, look 25years younger in one treatment or with one product!

does this annoy anyone else or am i just picky?

Clients who want their brows thicker! Lol no problem I'll just stick some on! And the ones who swear you were the last one who did them and they have definitely not tweezed them themselves but mysteriously there is a gap in their brows!! Lol xx

My pet has has to be people that are late and then just stroll in like they are the only client you have in all day. I absolutely hate clients that bring their kids to a treatment such as an eyelash tint so you end up bloody looking after them!! It also annoys me that clients try to add on appointments when they haven't booked them in!! And finally when a client decides to bring their friend and they just talk across you like you aren't there.
Glad to know we are all in the same boat lol x

My pet hate atm is people messaging me on fb asking prices - the price list is in a picture album clearly marked 'price list'.

Also people messaging me for appointments - it CLEARLY states I don't take appointments on fb because the diary is next to the phone at the salon. And I am rarely in the same place as my diary!

IT WINDS ME UP BAAAAAD!!

And finally when a client decides to bring their friend and they just talk across you like you aren't there.

I quite like this some days... Less effort for me! lol.

Clients who re-arrange their appointment 3 times only to cancel at the last minute!

People calling and texting while im doing their nails...can it not just wait for a bit?!?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Yep I have a young las like this ,lovely girl ,very well spoken,but through out the 2 hours Im there its tap,tap,tap,buzz,buzz,buzz...:rolleyes:

How about the client that touches their polish to see if it's dry and they smudge it.

"No, no, no, no, no, don't do that! Aaaaah, smudged it, huh?" Son of a b**ch.

Clients who just don't bother to show up and then get the arse if you ring them to find out why!!

Clients who show up to an appointment with no money and then tell you when you're nearly finished their treatment.

Clients who say "I really want my nails done, will you be doing any half price offers soon?" and then they start telling you about the luxury cruise they're going on next week or that they just spent £150 having their hair coloured and cut!!! Grrrr

Clients who book long treatments in middle if the day and then text you on morning of appt to cancel with some half arsed excuse.

ahhhhh it's good to have a moan lol

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Clients who bring a friend and then speak in a foreign tongue the entire appointment. Uh....rude!

I can speak spanish and was raised that it was rude to speak it if just one member of a group did not understand the language.

People saying "the colour is lighter then it looks in the pot" or questioning why you've only gelled two nails at a time...yes I won't forget about the others!! Lol x

My pet hate is geeks slagging off their clients and their little foibles....after all without clients we would not have a business or any income.:sad:

:rolleyes:

Sorry Geeks but I just had to post it ...................I am now stepping away from the laptop ...honest :o

It's only slagging of if you wouldn't say it to their face... Which I most definately would (and do!)!! :smack: lol.

How about non work related pet hates...?!

Mine is my bf air kissing 'at' me from across the room. He does it way too much, like, every time i'm just being quiet, he will do it. Or if I walk in or out the room, or just any given random moment. He must do it at least every 10-15 mins. It was driving me crazy, After 18 months I just had to tell him. I know it's probably very sweet, but it just winds me right up! The noise, ugh!! lol.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back