Pet hates?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there my pet hate is when i spend ova a hour to cut and colour a clients hair for example. finish the blow dry then omg out combs the bobble and client puts hair in ponytail arrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek:
wonder if any other hair geeks experiance dee :hug: or cover the head before leaving
I dont do hair but I would be so mad if someone did this.

i agree with many of these comments, i have one lady that no matter how many times i tell her i am not available in the evenings to do her nails once HER child is in bed, i have my own son to put to deal with and put to bed so no i am not going to do her nails at 9pm when HER child is in bed, :irked:
either that or she expects to bring her child over to the house (i work from home) and expect "she can just play in the back yard' well my 'salon/room' happens to be at my mothers place coz i cannot afford anywhere else at the moment, and my mother said to me the other day yeah sure she can come "play in the backyard' but it will be an extra $50 hr on top of the service she is receiving for 'babysitting' lol thought it was quite funny.

some people just expect that you sit around on your butt all day waiting for them and you will work around what suits them, the cheek of some people is crazy an they will never learn, i now when booking this particular client ask her first if she has care for her child before we make the appointment time, makes things easier:grr:

also people who half way through when you are applying product ask are they going to stay like that with a very worried look on face, when they are dull and not filed, i explain that no they will not and that i am not finished yet.

anyways that's my pet peeve soy if i rambled on.

People who buy product kits and bits and bobs, and do nails/waxing/massage etc 'on the side' charging a small amount (or large amount!) to family and friends, and making a bit of pocket money. I HATE THIS!!

There are people (I don't care if you are one of them it drives me mad) that do this and do not declare earnings, do not pay NICS and probably arent qualified!

This pisses me off when so many people spend thousands of pounds/dollars etc, and put in so much effort to MAKE A LIVING, and there are so many scrotes who trash peoples nails/skin/hair and charge for the privilidge!!! And don't even do it legally!

Sorry if you're an 'on the side' geek, but it riles me:!:

I'm with you on this one and they arn't just doing it on familly and freinds I know of people who have gone mobile, running a so called business without formal qualifications or insurance .
And they do bad treatments .

Rubyx

Ruby xx

I'm with you on this one and they arn't just doing it on familly and freinds I know of people who have gone mobile, running a so called business without formal qualifications or insurance .
And they do bad treatments .

Rubyx

phew ruby glad another geek agrees with me! I do not see why a person thinks that they deserve to work a regular job, or claim regular benefits AND earn on the side too! why should they be financially better off than the hardworking people who do it legally?? This industry is scarily easy to break into at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in a small village and what get on my nerves is when I'm at the pub ( of course this is rare :) )!!!all people want to ask me about is their hair or nails or ask me when they can have an appointment or when their appointment is. Do I look like I have my appointment book in my hand !!! Now, I do love my job and I know this goes with the territory but sometimes it does get a bit wearing ! Asking in the school playground when I'm trying to pick up my 3 children is even worse :irked:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Clients that ask the price of the enamel, then say OMG thats so expensive, then come back telling you all about ehri new Chanel enamel, then coming back saying its gone all gloopy, me 'unlucky' shouldve bought the pro product in the 1st place!

2. Liars, now we all get them, yes I solar oiled, yes they just came right off, no infact they fell off and left funny little marks that look like teeth marks, hhhmmm odd that!!

Those are my hates! :green:

I just thought of another.

I have a client. She's an absolute sweetie, giant heart, great tipper, very respectful and timely with her appointments etc........

BUT.... (you knew that was coming, right?)

I think she has adult adhd/add or similar?

She simply can NOT sit still and will NOT STOP touching and fiddlng with my things, like moving my lamp (because it's glaring in her eyes - well, I sort of NEED to see your nails!!). She wriggles about in her seat, yaps and laughs at the top of her lungs (which after 8pm when kids are in bed is not convenient) and just seems to have ants in her pants while being jacked up on caffeine (which btw, she doesn't drink coffee:eek:)

I love her
BUT

DO NOT TOUCH MY THINGS AND PLEASE SIT STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hubby literally hides in the basement when she's coming because she's so rambunctious/hyper/fidgety.

And everytime she leaves, he fetches me a coffee and pats me on the back
:lol:

What do you all say to people who ask you to fetch their mobiles for them out of their bag when it rings ? :eek:,
and then get you to hold it on their ear to take a call in the middle of a treatment ? :irked:

my pet hate has got to be cancellations at the last minute, grrr lol also the touching there hair, or face or putting there fingers in there mouth ! my best friend is a major culprit of this and fidjiting and tensing her fingers and peering at them while I do the other hand makes me paranoid lol but as she's my best friend usually a wrap with the file sorts her out as for the clients that do all these annoying things...they get a disapproving look lol xx

my friend asks me too many questions i feel like she is checking if i know my stuff then she examines the nails as if she is buying diamonds i feel like she is looking for an imperfection, she tenses her fingers i tell her if she doesnt relax them i will pull them off lol, I am not doing her nails again I feel like I am totally under observation. another pet hate is friends expect freebies, one friend even turned up with some toys for my baby as i was doing her a favor! how could i say well no i was going to charge you full price especially as she talks so much it takes me much longer and i missed army wives to do her nails!!! ooooh sometimes i wonder why I like doing nails. I was cabin crew for 5 years before training in nails so my pet hates on airline passengers far out weigh nail clients (for now). one of my flying pet hates was when i finally got to sit down in a long flight and attempt to get something to eat a passenger would pop their head round the curtain and ask for a drink when i have just finished the drink service! i have many more and could go on for hours, anyway rant over!

Latest posts

Back