Pet hates?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, too, get so annoyed when they keep looking at their fingers. Or sometimes they hold their finger you're working on stiff as though they are helping you. It drives me nuts. Or they twist in the chair and offer me their hand on an angle! I could go on and on.....

I also get so annoyed when they say they want Bio over Akzentz because it's just so much 'gentler'. Really? Really? I guess you, the client, would know best what is more gentle! :smack:

OMG I can't believe mum's would go for a sunbed and leave their baby in the care of a member of staff :eek: They could be the nicest therapist in the world but I still wouldnt leave my baby with them! Your child is more precious than a tan - some people have odd values :irked:

I know it is bad isn`t,
but I have had ladies ask if they can take their babies in the sunbed room with them.
Now how stupid is that, I then have to say no and explain how the light can damage the babies eyes...... no common sense!

My pet hate is clients who think their nails are infallible and don't look after them. I just don't know how they do it either - I used to have long enhancements and I coud do everything (and I'm an avid gardener) and never got lifting or breakages. No matter how I explain how to look after then properly they just don't. And whilst it helps my bank balance to replace all those repairs, it just doesn't help my professional pride (and you can only make them so thick before they look like plates of concrete!)

Oh and not really a hate, but how many times do you apply a new set and clients say "gosh does anyone really have them that long?" I can lay bets that EVERY client says this and you have to laugh like it's the first time you've heard it!

Pet hate??
THAT CLIENT!
wants perfect nails.. wants to talk all the way through it about everything thats going on in her life.. thinks your best mates..
THEN IT STARTS..
sorry im running late.. so sorry can i rebook.. just doesnt show.. makes an appointment and then rings to change even after we have had the whole.. "my time is precious" talk and then doesnt show AGAIN..
2 MONTHS LATER
She rings.. and the whole dance starts again!

omg that is my pet hate.. i can see a client like this a mile off now. but i always do my best to accomadate them and get there nails done.. but i have learnt to let them know when im not happy.. so no if i honestly think they are taking the mick.. and charge more for wasted time!

my pet hate are clients who bring their husbands because like children they become impatient and you are half way through doing their nails and they ask have you finished yet. I hate this as it puts me under so much pressure and then the client get figety - I really want to shout out go and wall paper a whole room in 10 mins and see the results..............

hey have to agree with all pet hates mentioned
my biggest pet hate is arriving at a clients house , starting their nails only to be asked DO YOU MIND IF I HAVE A SMOKE.
yes i bloody do mind if you smoke while i try and do your nails while coughing up a lung (as well as the fact that its not good after all the prep with the nails before u begin ur set). as a former smoker myself i did not give up my habit only to breath in other peoples smoke. even though i tell one particular client every time she asks that i would prefer if she didnt smoke, she will still ask the same question next app. makes me want to scream
ciara

You could tell them its against health and safety.
Actually, its against the law!! No smoking in a place of work, this includes peoples homes when someone is working in it. Be it a builder, or nail tech! My hubby is a plasterer with his Dad who gets really affected by smoke and has to remind people of this. They are usually OK about it (and they are in peoples houses ALL DAY)

Debs

I have a number of pet hates

Clients that bring there own bottle of polish which has a tiny bit of gloopy mess at the bottom - and then suggest I stock that brand because it is superior:eek:

Clients that tell me they trained in nails but found it 'boring' (no damn good at it more like):smack:

Clients that don't re-book and say 'I'll call and TELL you when I want to come (I always make sure that they don't get their first choice and they don't do it again):green:

Clients who tell me their last salon used xxxxxx and how brilliant it was :mad:

Clients who ask me if I'm going to be much longer...........:irked:

Sorry got to stop and go and have my blood pressure taken.:lol::lol::lol:

My pet hate is clients who take phone calls while you are working on them! Oh and those who take 15mins to choose an enamel!
I've got a client (who's on diuretic tablets) and after I've painted her nails, used to ask me if I minded if she used my loo :eek:. I soon knocked that one on the head - and she now goes beforehand.
Also, the clients who, after their treatment, won't stop talking and go. They think I've got all day to listen to them, even if they can see that there's someone else waiting. :mad:

I had one client who lit up in front of me, she didn't ask, I think she just didn't think, it was her home so no problem. I immediately moved the monomer away form her and said oh my god put that out quick this stuff is so flammable you could go up from the fumes She never did that again:green:
Now husband's! Just remember they are not your husband so you can be cheeky, when they started huffing I used to stop, give them a level look and say why don't you go next door and get some coffee, otherwise next time you want pc world your mrs is coming with you, said with a smile it normally gets a shame faced grin and they toddle of, buy the coffee and relax. I'd get quiet chatty with hubbies, telling them all about our male geeks they get fascinated by it all and at the end of the treatment I'd ALWAYS turn to hubby and tell him how much money he owed me. Then say something like, so next time you're off to B&Q then?
My pet hate is the fidget, She twists in the seat, looking at what everyone else is up to, text her mates, you know, she's the one you feel like asking 'whats up with you/ Is your thong giving you a wedgie :irked::irked:

My pet-hate is all the men comming into the salon, for pedicures, picking up wifes or something else. As soon as they get inside they claime:oh this is smelling so bad, you must be loosing lots of braincells....
Hell no, we work safely and as soon as we start telling them how much we indeed know about the chemicals we work with they shut up...
Otherwise I tell them that the latest mensa IQ- test taken on me I scored well above 140 so no no lost braincells in the dumb tech!:lol:
Funny enough they don't say anything the next time they arrive.

Reading this has made me realised how I have learned to deal with the things that annoy me lol,
I remember a long time ago most of the things mentioned here really did my head in...
But over time I have just come up with my own way of dealing with them,
I have to admit though I don't have many clients and the few I do have at the moment are regulars,
So I know their way's and they know mine.

The one thing that stands out in my mind though as being reeeeeealy annoying is when I work my way through 10 fingers at a time....the client studies one hand as I work on the other...
This leads them to pick at bits and run their fingers through their hair...then comes the
"oooopps I just broke a tip off" :irked:
They look too deep into the nails, when I am only at the beginning..
They say "oo I'm not sure about this or that"..

I find myself constantly saying "they wont look like that when they are finished"..
"Yes I will shape them at the end"
"trust me...they will look lovely at the end" blah blah blah

So most of the time, I start one hand...finish that hand....then go onto the next
I keep hold of 1 finger pretty much all of the time...anything they want to do, they will have to do with the hand I haven't started,

When they see the finished hand they cant wait to have the other one all finished lol,
and sit admiring the finished hand instead of moaning and worrying about how it will look in the end .

OOOOO another thing that reeeeaally annoys me,
Client who book in...sit there the whole time , saying how skint they are :irked:
They dont have money for the mortgage, or they cant afford to go out at the weekend....their life is about to end..becuase they have no money..
I think to myself
" lalalalalala you sooooo AINT gettiiinggg any money offf this set offf naiiiiilllllsssss, so you might aswell shhuuuuttt upppppp " :green:

hi there my pet hate is when i spend ova a hour to cut and colour a clients hair for example. finish the blow dry then omg out combs the bobble and client puts hair in ponytail arrrrrrrrrrrrr :eek:
wonder if any other hair geeks experiance dee :hug: or cover the head before leaving

sorry I am one of those annoying people that you hate - my hairdresser lucky for me she's also a friend and tells me off everytime I do it but once she has finished doing my hair i straight away tuck it behind my ears.:eek:

Such a good thread - I was beginning to think it was just me with my obessions!!

Mine is the fidget client, that looks at her hands while you're working, texting and then putting her fingers in her mouth while you're working on the other hand only to leave a lovely orange layer of foundation on the filed nails so you have to do all santisation etc etc again!!!!

The other one is the client that says I really like that length (medium) so you dutifully do it, only to have them come back with the thumb nails cut short because "you did them too long" urrrrrrrggggggggggggg :eek:

Oh I so hope that clients are reading this thread!! :lol: and maybe get some understanding :lol:

Such a good thread - I was beginning to think it was just me with my obessions!!

Mine is the fidget client, that looks at her hands while you're working, texting and then putting her fingers in her mouth while you're working on the other hand only to leave a lovely orange layer of foundation on the filed nails so you have to do all santisation etc etc again!!!!

The other one is the client that says I really like that length (medium) so you dutifully do it, only to have them come back with the thumb nails cut short because "you did them too long" urrrrrrrggggggggggggg :eek:

Oh I hear you, loud and clear, fidget clients for me too, oh yes just prepped then you look and you have the foundation etc., on one hand :irked:

well it seems that most of you have clients as pet hates, but I gotta say my biggest pet hate is STILL 'on the side' techs!!!! Really belittles everything we have worked for!

my pet hate are clients who bring their husbands because like children they become impatient and you are half way through doing their nails and they ask have you finished yet. I hate this as it puts me under so much pressure and then the client get figety - I really want to shout out go and wall paper a whole room in 10 mins and see the results..............

Hahaha I had this too!! They even said "Come on Stephen you're not very quick are you?" I gave a nice smile and a very obviously forced laugh, shut him up good and proper!

I hate it when a client asks for square nails then after they are all sculpted out and finished says can you round them off for me? Eh??!!! (I think). I now show them a finished sqaure nail on a tip done on my nail trainer so they can see and feel the finished look first Saves time in the end. x

i hate the ones that come into my shop, and ask if i can infill their nails that they have had done at a nss, because they are soooo clever and quick and yes they use drills and yes it hurts, but they are sooooo talented

get lost!!

Latest posts

Back