Plastic surgery? Did you get the results you hoped for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was flat chested and I had implants approx 10 yrs ago - best thing i did ever. Go for it. I was in my late forties hey ho.

Ah glad you posted this as i was going to post something similar. I haven't got any stories but i'm loooking to get breast implants so will be interested to see what people come up with
xxx

I had a BA, and its the best thing I've done since having my children, I went with mybreast, fab surgeon, its only been 3 months, but they are very natural looking and I wasn't in any pain at ALL, just a bit achey sometimes.
I would do it all again in a flash :hug:

Drains are only usually used in sub muscle impants...

!
This is incorrect, drains are put there to drain away any internal bleeding that may occur following surgery. If you do not have a drain in situ and you do bleed then a haematoma will form and you need to go back into surgery to stop the bleeding. Drains indicate rather quickly if you have active bleeding. I have had implants in then implants out with uplift (mastopexy) then implants in again. Now I am waiting for corrective surgeory following botched uplift, they will remove implants re-do the uplift and correct what is necessary then possible put in new implants if I want them in again (although surgeon is suggesting I do have them). Each operation I have had I've had drains put in and when I worked on a surgical ward, most of the patients had drains in too.

Hi,
I had breast implants, i went from a 34 b, to a 32 dd, im now a 32 g, following the birth of my son, i couldnt of been happier,i had NO pain! didnt even take paracetamol afterwards, I think it hurt miles more having restalyn put into my lips! i even popped to waitrose 2 days after my op( not recommending anyone else to) but just to show how well i felt, i even went back to work the week after,
I had them done by a mr Platt, of hull nuffield, id had him reccommended to me by several ladies.

i only had them in a year before getting pregnant, but still glad i had them done,and there fine now,and i managed to produce milk etc fine.

theyre so natural looking people often dont believe i have implants,
i used to do a bit of glamour modelling,and was on 2 occasions given assignments that were originally for girls with natural breasts, they looked that real,scarring is soooo tiny too,almost invisable

Kate x

I have wanted breast implants for a long time after having 2 kids they are not like they used to be. The thing is I am still a 32d Bra so i dont think I need implants more of an uplift :confused:

Does an uplift cost more than implants? Has anyone had this done?

xx

I had Breast Augmentation 5 years ago........My boobs were 34D but they were just saggy skin......They looked like a snooker ball in a sock when I bent over...........not a good look..........

I researched it for nearly 7 years before I decided to go ahead...I initially went to Harley St for a consultation and was told I needed an uplift and implants...I chose another surgeon who has been seen many times on Living TV and he said that I didnt need the uplift, implants would be sufficient and am just thankful that I did go for a second opinion.

I didnt want huge stuck on look boobs I just wanted the skin to be plumped up again.....I could have gone up another 3 sizes but chose a DD and am so happy with them.........They look really natural

I felt absolutely fine the day after the op, no pain and carried on as normal...........

Surgery is definately an individual thing and no two surgeries are the same but I definately have no regrets x

As far as Victoria Beckham is concerned, she's full of 'it'.
They are DEFINATELY implanted

victoria-beckham-breast-implants-3.jpg

They are clearly OVER the muscle (to avoid the longer recovery and discomfort). You don't get cantaloupes 'naturally'. Show me a 16yr old that is walking about with coconuts?
And if they had been the result of pregnancy, they would have been droopier also.
No brainer. Don't know who she thinks she's fooling, but it's NOT me.

This is incorrect, drains are put there to drain away any internal bleeding that may occur following surgery. If you do not have a drain in situ and you do bleed then a haematoma will form and you need to go back into surgery to stop the bleeding. Drains indicate rather quickly if you have active bleeding. I have had implants in then implants out with uplift (mastopexy) then implants in again. Now I am waiting for corrective surgeory following botched uplift, they will remove implants re-do the uplift and correct what is necessary then possible put in new implants if I want them in again (although surgeon is suggesting I do have them). Each operation I have had I've had drains put in and when I worked on a surgical ward, most of the patients had drains in too.

I guess it depends where you go and their techniques etc.
I never had drains, it was never discussed, and my friend's that went to the same Dr didn't get them either.
Mine were implanted under the muscle.
From what I've gathered, some Dr's automatically use them; some wait and see and some don't consider them at all.
I guess it all depends.
I guess it all depends.

I had Breast Augmentation 5 years ago........My boobs were 34D but they were just saggy skin......They looked like a snooker ball in a sock when I bent over...........not a good look..........

This is how I am feeling at the mo :cry:

I think I will go to a few different places and I would think you just know when you have found the right place.

Thanks diamond girl.
x

I havent had any surgery but my mum has. She has had excess skin removed after loosing over 9 stones. And she would say all the pain and effort is worth it and she's had her thighs, stomach boobs and arms done with more to come. She had a problems with her right thigh and arm - alot of fluid after surgery so had to go back in for more draining but she say's it's worth it :)

This is how I am feeling at the mo :cry:

I think I will go to a few different places and I would think you just know when you have found the right place.

Thanks diamond girl.
x

You are more than welcome.......you just need to make sure you do the research............as I said surgery is very different for each individual and has to be a personal choice.............If its something you are really serious about find some reputable surgeons and go for a few consultations to see what advice different surgeons give you....I was charged £75 for a consultation at HS but I wasnt charged by the surgeon I opted for.......You dont live a million miles from me so if you want the details of the surgeon I used just pm me as he is very local to the area I live.....Good luck x

I guess it depends where you go and their techniques etc.
I never had drains, it was never discussed, and my friend's that went to the same Dr didn't get them either.
Mine were implanted under the muscle.
From what I've gathered, some Dr's automatically use them; some wait and see and some don't consider them at all.
I guess it all depends.
I guess it all depends.

My post was at the fact that it was stated that drains are only used sub-muscularly, I said this was incorrect. Clearly your surgeon didn't advocate the use of drains, I'm no surgeon but the majority of surgeons appear to use drains for implants. Maybe they don't if you are going home within hours of the surgery?

I've stayed in overnight for all of mine and in my forthcoming surgery will be in overnight again. All occasions drains were used. It is a bit uncomfortable having them removed but it drains away any excess bleeding and on one occasion I had to return to theatre as I had quite an active bleed which was noticed because the drain was getting full. Without a drain you can tell if you are bleeding as it becomes really uncomfortable, sore and you can get a little bigger so that is an indication of an internal bleed. Maybe that's why your surgeon didn't use them?

On the Vicky bit, yes horrendous boobs and by saying she hasn't had them done when she clearly has she is getting more press :eek: ha ha just realised that this smiley face has eyes that look like her boobs!!

I got an email to my salon from BBC3 TV asking if I knew anyone who would like to be considered to take part in a new TV programme about having cosmetic surgury or has already had some.

I have an application form within the email they sent me and if anyone is interested in it please pm me your email address and I will forward it on to you. :hug:

This is the email:

Hello,
I am currently working on a new BBC3 documentary all about the global body image and the rise of cosmetic surgery around the world.
We are looking for young people that take pride in their appearance, although might be looking to cosmetic surgery to create the perfect body image.
I wondered whether anyone that comes to the salon would potentially be interested to find out more about this great opportunity. I have attached a poster with more details and contact information. If you are able to post this somewhere, send to a mailing list or even forward on to people you know that you think might be interested, it would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Ben

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]HAVE YOU HAD COSMETIC SURGERY [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OR ARE YOU SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING IT?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]BBC Three are making a brand new series about global body image [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]and the rise of cosmetic surgery around the world. [/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Do you dream of having the perfect body?[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Do you think altering your looks would change your life?[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Or have you already gone under the knife to improve your image?[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]We are looking for guys and girls to explore the global popularity of cosmetic surgery.[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

I doubt I would be classed as young any more but I would LOVE to have surgery on my stomach.

I was 17 when I had my first child and went from a size 8 to a size 16 literally overnight! I ended up with stretch marks that go from 2" above my belly button, down past my pubic bone and from hip to hip.

They were vioelnt purple when she was first born and you could literally feel the colagen layer under my skin torn to shreds.

12 years on, no amount of training will tighten up the skin that is on my stomach now. I still have stretch makrs ( albeit not as visible now ) but I have no definition to my skin, no way of ever getting definition agai and my stomach muscle wall - well they are long lost relatives now!

Does anyone else think that this programme may turn out to be the sort that suggests people should not be obsessed with their body. They want young people who really when we seriously think about it shouldn't need surgery at their age. Ok young to me may not be young to you, I'm thinking they want teenagers here, 17 or 18.

Are they going to send a message out saying this gorgeous young man or girl wants this, this and that surgery but do they need it?

Hopefully they'll do it as a documentary that shows realistic examples of surgery requests and highlights the pitfalls as well as the postive side of surgery.

i had breast reduction and uplift tummy tuck and armpit fat removal at the same time, was in some pain but nothing major tyhe worst part was having to carefully plan every move i made as id end up stuck trying to get out of bed!
very worth it as i had 4 children (youngest 5) and had also lost alot of weight so everything had just gone south
i went private at mount stewart as i couldnt bear the long nhs waiting list and having to prove my upset at the state of my bdy
look into things well and dont be tempted by cheap prices abroad that offer hotels instead of hospitals

hey guys

I had a mommy make over about 5 months ago.. I live in the US but i went to columbia for the surgeries..... I had 2... would I do it again ... in a heart beat... but the surgeon makes the difference.... ask me what you would like to know... i had everything from my forehead to my knees done.

donna

I had always hated my nose, and decided in 2006 to have the surgery to fix it, found a great surgeon, really delighted with results, never looked back.

I have botox and fillers plus buckets loads of non surgical treatments and honestly wouldn't have any more work that involved a knife, at 51 happy with my face.

PQ

Something likes wearing a lace wig can be accepted .

I am desperate to have my nose done but am so scared of the pain!

I had my boobs done 13 years ago after the birth of my son and am about to get them done again ( well the next 6 months) implants replaced and an uplift - not worried in the slighest ( well i was about the drains but not all surgeons use them) - I have an excellent contact for a surgeon in the Uk if you are loking for one and am also going to London on Saturday to have a consultation with a very good surgeon who operates in Tunisia at a fraction of the price
PM me if you want more detailed info!

Oh and a friend had a nose job - dead straight forward and no pain at all really

PPS - take careful consideration as to the shape of your implants ( if you are getting boobs done ) and whether they will be below or above the muscle or half and half. There are good and bad points to both but any good surgeon should explain this to you x

Latest posts

Back