"Please be quiet" wording help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Hi All,

I rent a beauty room in a sunbed shop where I have been for nearly 4 years, problem is there seems to be more & more noice in reception, people talking on phones, talking loudly, children making noise etc whilst I am doing massages & facials, I would really like to make a few posters to put up on my door & at reception (only when I am doing these treatments not all the time) saying along the lines of "please talk quietly as massage/facial or relaxing treatments are in process", I dont know how to word it so its comes across politly & to make people take notice!
Please any help is really appreciated!

Does anyone else have these? How do you word yours?
Do you think after 4 years its too late to put these up?
Do you think I should ask the lady who I rent my room from if its ok to do this? - She is in 3 days a week.

Yesterday I was doing a body massage, whilst outside my room a lady was waiting for her friend who was on the sunbed and her baby was crying, I left if 5 mins, then put my head out the door and said "so sorry but could you please go outside as I am doing a massage" she went outside for a few mins then came back in, with the crying baby! When I finished my massage I said to the lady "sorry about that only I was doing a massage" to which she replied "I went outside for a bit but it was too cold for the baby so I came back in"

Any advice!:sad:

Love Emma x:hug:x

Last edited:
we have exactly the same problem at work. right outside the two dual massage rooms, there are foot spas which make people talk really loudly so they can hear each other over the noise of the water, and therefore we can hear everything going on! i had to listen to a man talking about his bowel issues once! we now have signs outside the room saying. quiet please, treatment in progress. also in the spa area there are signs saying shhh! please respect people trying to relax.

dont worry if it doesnt sound really polite! just something simple to get the point across! after all, when somebody goes into a salon, it is just common sence to keep the volume down. you could also tell the receptionist to help keep clients volumes down when its getting a bit noisy.
hth. rachel x

I have the same problem but nobody will let me do anything about it. When they built the bit that we are on they said it would be sound proof but it isnt at all. Its not very confidential to be honest. You can hear private consultations and private convrsations. Even the other therapist dont try to talk quiet and its really getting me annoyed! I get sooo mad beacause of it and feel sorry for my clients who have paid for a massage or relaxing treatment and dont fully relax. Maybe the clients dont hear it as much as we do as they tend to shut off but i wouldnt be happy. I hope you get this sorted. Im sure she will let you put a sign up. Good luck. Just something like ''please be quiet treatments in progress'' xxx

How about "Quiet zone. Please whisper. No loitering" Any sign will be fine though, I would put one up.

Last edited:
I know what you mean - where I used to work I had to go out a few times & ask them to keep their voices down a little, whereas what I wanted to say was "ffs will you shut your bloody cakehole"!

HAHA Martin if only we could!
x

I know what you mean - where I used to work I had to go out a few times & ask them to keep their voices down a little, whereas what I wanted to say was "ffs will you shut your bloody cakehole"!

lmao! that just cracked me up!!!

Jodie x x

I think a sign should be fine, you are only trying to please clients afterall.
Something like.."Please be quiet as there are relaxing treatments in progress"
H x

i soundproofed my rooms for clients wanting "extras" with their massages

How do you mean ''extras''?
If its what im thinking then we do not promote that sort of ''massage''!!!!!

I wouldnt consider music as an extra that is all. lol

hahaha i do apologies for my previous post seagroil. I have never had a client yet ask for the spice girls lol. They just stick to what i have on.
x

How about .... " Quiet Zone - Treatments in Progress".

Polite, but to the point. Simplezzzzz :D

How about
"Please keep the noise level to a minimum, relaxing treatments in progress."
I'm not a beauty professional but I find it annoying while I'm trying to have a treatment and there are people making loads of noise in the waiting room! x

This is what I would put on a notice if I was having the same problems as you. "Quiet Area - please be respectful, relaxing treatment in progress!" Its never too late to try and change whats happening although due to the time you have been there it may take a bit longer for people to notice the signs so it may be worth putting them up for additional treatments to begin with and then just for relaxing treatments so people take notice. Otherwise I would definately try relaxing music this gives you the added option to turn the volume up a little if it is noisy outside.

Hope this helps.

Emily

I have the same problem but nobody will let me do anything about it. When they built the bit that we are on they said it would be sound proof but it isnt at all. Its not very confidential to be honest. You can hear private consultations and private convrsations. Even the other therapist dont try to talk quiet and its really getting me annoyed! I get sooo mad beacause of it and feel sorry for my clients who have paid for a massage or relaxing treatment and dont fully relax. Maybe the clients dont hear it as much as we do as they tend to shut off but i wouldnt be happy. I hope you get this sorted. Im sure she will let you put a sign up. Good luck. Just something like ''please be quiet treatments in progress'' xxx
That is terrible! Why wont nobody let you do anything about it? Surely they cant think it is exceptable! If there are a few therapists were you work, can you not mention to them about it? Do you have staff meetings?
That is my main concern, I feel bad for the clients who pay good money to relax & to get away from noisey home life!

Ha ha, that is so funny! If only I could say that, that is what im thinking too!
the only problem with signs is that the people that would take notice don't need to be told & the ones that need to be told will ignore the signs...
That really is so true. If only there was a simple effective answer!

maybe you could soundproof the massage rooms? record shops sell that concave foam stuff which could be decorated to look okay as well as being functional - i soundproofed my rooms for clients wanting "extras" with their massages
That is not a bad idea, maybe I will look into that in the future, does it really work? Can you actually hear no sounds from outside your room? I only have one beauty room that I rent where I do all my treatments.

To be fair when I read that you said about clients wanting extras It didnt sound good, & wouldnt call "spice girls music" an extra, so dont be too offended xxhaylzxx`s comment! But poor you for having to do a treatment through music you dont like!

This is what I would put on a notice if I was having the same problems as you. "Quiet Area - please be respectful, relaxing treatment in progress!" Its never too late to try and change whats happening although due to the time you have been there it may take a bit longer for people to notice the signs so it may be worth putting them up for additional treatments to begin with and then just for relaxing treatments so people take notice. Otherwise I would definately try relaxing music this gives you the added option to turn the volume up a little if it is noisy outside.
Hope this helps.
Emily
Thats a good idea about turning the music up, I desperatly need to update my ipod so will get a collection of relaxing "massage" music added to it, which I can turn up! I always have background music on, which I dont like too loud, but if its a choice between loud talking/ babies crying or loud music I will have to go for the latter!

Thank you all for all your comments and advice I really am grateful for it.
So after reading everything through I have used a bit of all & will probably go with;
"Please be respectful & keep the noise level to a minimum, relaxing treatment in progress"
What do you think?
Love Emma x:hug:x

spot on emma.

you know, a lot of the time i think people just dont realise how noisy thry are being and will respond well to a simple reminder.

Yes thats sounds good. Well to be honest i dont know why they wont do anything about it. The other therapist knows they are being loud i sometimes think she does it on purpose. I cant wait to get away from there and not have to answer to anyone and do things my way. xx

"Please be considerate to our patrons. Turn off electronic devices and keep voices to a whisper"

Good luck with this!

Hey Emma

Just wondered if you ever got the poster sorted. I've done one for our clinic and can email it to you if you want.

You can't beat 'Sshhhhhhh!!!!!!!' xx

Latest posts

Back