Pocket curl...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlegrohl

Reaction score
my daughter is loving her new curling iron.. she got it at christmas and every now and then i give her lovely curls..
well this morning i was curling away.. and i think maybe it had got to hot.. actually i think i set it on the wrong setting.. anyway.. while curling her front of side.. i pulled away the curler.. and came back with a pocket curl.. (the curl you slip in your pocket that has burnt completely off)

she is 7.. and i curl her hair once a month.. no more.. but she is so vain, in a good way, that i know she will see the spikey bits of hair sticking out the side when she gets in from school and ill be toast!

any ideas about how i can keep her hair in top condition.. and make the part i destroyed better.. should i book her in for a cut and get it trimmed.. im packing death as she has quite the mood!!

please help hair geeks.. :eek:

Hi littlegrohl , oh dear poor you , you could try and damp it a little,
then let it dry naturally , or you could use a hairdryer on a warm setting and turn it under a little with a round brush ,

then put a tiny bit of little hair wax on the sticky up bits hun , just to smooth them down ,
then you could make a complaint about those curling Irons
as they should never have done that, there must be a major fault with them ,

Gosh just imagine if they had been used in a salon :eek: or if you had left them on they could have gone up in flames , they don't seem to have met the legal safety requirements ,

I don't think I would say anything to your daughter until she notices ,

then look shocked too and say " ooooh my goodness ! we had better get some you some new bobbles for your hair as the older ones must be tugging at it ect ect " :eek:

OR risk a screaming tantrum and take her with you and her pocket curl to report those damn tongs,
the best of luck hun :hug: x

Ps, let us know how it goes ?

use a heat resistant spray you can buy them at chemists spray the section before applying the tongs it will protect the hair from burning and produce a shine to the hair when finished t:hug:

I agree,no way should that have happened,contact the manufactorer asap !

As for future curls,i would recomend velcro rollers rather than any form of heated appliance at all :)

Ooops! Has she noticed yet?

Ooops! Has she noticed yet?

nope.. thankfully it was the whispy bits at the front that it happened to, so im pretty sure they will grow out ok..
i honestly think that it may have been really fine baby'ish hair.. as the curls in the back and front were fine, it was just this small section in the front..
i use it on myself no problems.. and its one i got through my supplier so its a pro brand.. but erm.. i think my daughters curling days are going to be for very special occasions only..
i look after there locks better then mine actually.. hehe.. treatments once a week.. heat sprays.. condition cremes when swimming.. but perhaps 7 is far to young for curls.. hmm perhaps im the vain one?? i want my angels to look like angels. lol

your afraid of a 7year old..Who's the parent and how old are you?4

yes i am 4.. i am a very well read, extremelly intelligent 4 yr old.. and 7 year old girls scare the living daylights out of me.. i have nightmares of upset hairless 7 yr olds beating me with curling irons.. :Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:

yes i am 4.. i am a very well read, extremelly intelligent 4 yr old.. and 7 year old girls scare the living daylights out of me.. i have nightmares of upset hairless 7 yr olds beating me with curling irons.. :Scared::Scared::Scared::Scared:
oo you liar your not 4, your 3 and 3/4s.:lol:

I think you've missed the point here! It is said tongue and cheek = geek humour.

It is customary on this site to offer help where you can - not unpleasantness

It is customary on this site to offer help where you can - not unpleasantness

Well said......please remember to give constructive remarks as this is a professional forum :green:

Well that was very constructive,:eek: why didn't I think of that, that will really help her hair:rolleyes:
from Susie H aged 44 and a half:smack:

very helpful of brookeolenar.. not.

umm tell u wot id do chels.. put it on her pillow and just tell her it must of just fallen out while she was sleeping, play the innocent! cant u see im gonna make a great mum :lol: even straighten the curl out if u need 2 so she doesnt suspect anything! good luck love from laura age 23 and threequaters xx

Hi , brookeolenar with all due respect ,
I don't think you would be too pleased if a hairdresser with a pair of faulty tongs accidentally tonged a chunk out of the front your hair would you ?:cry:

hope you can see where I am coming from ?

Would you let the hairdresser get away with it ? and also let her say to you "who is the is the hairdresser here " (just because she was older than you ?)

A little lady's hair is very important to her :| and if her Mommy hadn't been able to disguise it she could have been ridiculed in school as a result.

I mean would you have gone out (without feeling self conscious ) if you couldn't disguise it ?

I think any of us would be upset :cry: regardless of age,
maybe you probably meant well :eek:
but really it was a bit thoughtless to say such a thing to a nice caring Mommy .

Thanks so much i am going to do as the helpfull geeks have advised.. bendy rollers and some TLC to the hair..
my 7 yr old loves everything fashion.. hair/nails/makeup/clothes.. bit like me.. so yeah it was a huge deal.. but unfortunately this thread got sidetracked.. so im going to close it.. (because i recently learnt i can.. haha)
thanks so much everyone who helped.. :green:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back