PopIts with gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoLimitNails

Reaction score
Hi

This is my first time sculpting with gel and popits, I decorated after, so i did use the finishing gloss last (if I hadn't painted I would have loved to keep the shiny gel by itself) I couldn't take a pic of the barrel, because the shine in the gloss kept it looking bulky and thick :evil:

What do you lot think??

Oh by the way it's Brisa all the way...

Scary when you see a nail that big isn't it?? I'm interested as to what youused for a clip to hold the PopIt on while curing? they look good by the way. xx

LOL I wanted you to really see the details... Thanks for your comment xxx

I used a tweezer (a long bended one) I held on for about 30 seconds of cure, then dared to let go. I'm still looking for some kind of clips that will hold in place on clients, because after tried Brisa with popits, I must say that it was easier than l&p building a smileline in the popit,and smoothing the excess beneath A DREAM....

I just got an idea, picture attached, this give a gentle pressure, but not sure if it covers up ti much so it won't be cured (I don't recall if these were the ones that you had used??)

Attachments

• pin.jpg
    pin.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 7,505
Last edited:
LOL I wanted you to really see the details... Thanks for your comment xxx

I used a tweezer (a long bended one) I held on for about 30 seconds of cure, then dared to let go. I'm still looking for some kind of clips that will hold in place on clients, because after tried Brisa with popits, I must say that it was easier than l&p building a smileline in the popit,and smoothing the excess beneath A DREAM....

I use the tiny hair clips you can get from shops. You can put the clip around for about 40 seconds and then remove for the rest of curing. I think PopIts do a great job with gel and not tacky layer to wipe away and no need for finishing gloss either (unless doing a design).

you beat me to it, just attached a pic to see if those were the pins you use... xx

The ones I use are two side and each side is half of a circle like little round combs with a hinge. All the little girls wear them. You can get them different sizes. the ones I get just nicely enclose the finger. But whatever works works.. the important thing is the tension should not be too tight. They do inhibit the full cure so I cure for a minute or so and then remove the clip and then cure for 2 mins.

I know those... On the one I just tried out, I can loosen if to tight too, wouldn't want any seepage.. So might do myself a set.

In this town they actually believe that gel nails need to be thick (and by thick i mean I had one with almost 5 mm on top of her nails, lumpy bumpy ones took me 45 mins with an efile, I just couldn't believe it) and I have had the ooportunity to go on a fair, so I'm gonna blow their minds with beautiful thin CND style nails he he they won't know what hit them...:twisted:

To bad shellac isn't released soon enough..

I know those... On the one I just tried out, I can loosen if to tight too, wouldn't want any seepage.. So might do myself a set.

In this town they actually believe that gel nails need to be thick (and by thick i mean I had one with almost 5 mm on top of her nails, lumpy bumpy ones took me 45 mins with an efile, I just couldn't believe it) and I have had the ooportunity to go on a fair, so I'm gonna blow their minds with beautiful thin CND style nails he he they won't know what hit them...:twisted:

To bad Shellac isn't released soon enough..

Shame ... timing is everything!! Can't always get it perfect for everyone. Still Shellac will be worth the wait believe you me.

I'll just have to do an event when they come out, can't wait though:wink2:

Those are fantastic hun)) Its treaky though but you have nailed it ))) well done:Love:

Thanks, and I have managed to do both hands, the right was a bit tricky, but eventually did it, and already know what not to du next time LOL xx

they look really good, brilliant job !!!

They are just great!!!! Perfect!
The best I have ever seen!

Here we have a lot of struggling with Gel and PopIts-everyone is searching for a solution.
It would be very appreciated if a clamp would come with this product.

What is "Shellac" what you mentioned before????-would very appreciate
an information-please-Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

...no answer necessary any more-I found the Shellac thread!!!!
My fingers are always faster than my brain-sorry again!:o

STUNNING! I'm going to try again i think i gave in to quickly with the gel,probably too much product.Clients love the look,there's so many things you can do with them and they're so quick to do.I love your art work as well. x

Thanks guys XXX

I have been having issues with air bubbles myself, I am so going to have to try my hair clippy things! THanks for the tip!

WOW am very impressed, they are just lovely.

tigi

Latest posts

Back