Pot Waxing VS Roller Waxing VS Tube Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missmroebuck

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new waxing system for my business, I'm using the pot at the moment and wanted everyones opinion on what system is the best out of Pot/Roller/Tube - I know tube is suppose to be the most germs on the skin is removed for the roller wax system to then be classes as clean?

Let me know what you think,
Thanks Guys!

Meg xxx

Pot and spatula is the most versatile way to wax. If you have a roller or tube system you will probably also need to have a pot on the go. There is no reason why spatula waxing can't be hygienic!

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new waxing system for my business, I'm using the pot at the moment and wanted everyones opinion on what system is the best out of Pot/Roller/Tube - I know tube is suppose to be the most germs on the skin is removed for the roller wax system to then be classes as clean?

Let me know what you think,
Thanks Guys!

Meg xxx
I personally prefer a roller system, I find it much quicker and less mess x
Posted via Mobile Device

I like the pot wax system, although the roller would be good for legs, but I think I would find myself wanting to pour them into each others cartridges because after they are slightly less that half full it takes a while for the wax to roll down ( maybe I am just impatient, my husband tells me I am all the time lol ) I didnt get on well with the tube wa at all, again great when full,, but I found it footery squeezing the wax out, and the tubes can get ho hot hot, but again it's all down to personal taste, theres a salon near me that swears by the tube wax, so everyone will like different systems for different things, hth x

I absolutely LOVE the roller system. It's sooo fast. As someone mentioned, you will need a pot on the go. You buy different size roller heads but it's almost impossible to do eyebrows with even the smallest. I dont do bikini with it either. It's not a problem for me as I have the tiniest little wax pot for little jobs.
Get one hun....you neeeed it! xxx

I use the Clean and Easy roller waxing system and have a pot too.I use the pot wax for eyebrows,intimate,underarms and lip/chin waxing,all other waxing I use roller for as so much quicker.I dont have a problem with the wax coming down the cartridge,maybe the heater isn't on high enough thus the wax not at correct temp to run smoothly down the cartridge try turning it up a little and see if this helps, Ruthlm.:green:

Pay serious attention to the costs involved!

Pot & Spat is and will consistently be the most economical to run so will be the most profitable from a product cost point of view. Rollers come next and finally followed by tube systems ... tube systems are proprietary so you can only buy each one from a single manufacturer which in itself puts the price up!

I have tried all three and find that I am quickest and most comfortable for my client with a bucket and stick. You need to be careful with roller and tube systems, if you have them out of the heater too long the wax can thicken which means you are using more product and it can get uncomfortable for the client - with drag. Too hot and its difficult to hold it and uncomfortable for the client again.

The 'hygiene' issue is one of great debate, if you don't double dip your stick there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Also if you do intimate waxing you will need a seperate heater for this for the non-strip wax.

Mat

I tend to alternate between two cartridges if doing a lot of waxing so that it doesnt cool down,if it does cool down too much the roller wont work anyway,also you can use a thermal sleeve on your cartridge so it doesn't get too hot for you to hold(obviously it needs to be comfy for the client though as well)
I do my intimate using strip wax so dont need two pots.HTH:hug:

I use the Clean and Easy roller waxing system and have a pot too.I use the pot wax for eyebrows,intimate,underarms and lip/chin waxing,all other waxing I use roller for as so much quicker.I dont have a problem with the wax coming down the cartridge,maybe the heater isn't on high enough thus the wax not at correct temp to run smoothly down the cartridge try turning it up a little and see if this helps, Ruthlm.:green:

thanks for the tip:), I had tried this but found my fingers getting hot hot hot lol, and then went to using a fabric strip to wrap around the cartridge, but then you had to take it off every time to pop it back into the heater, there's probably a knack to this, that I would learn with time and practice, I wouldn't rule it out as it was fabby for lege, so fast to apply, and you can put double the amount of wax on with thwo runs of the cartridge, speeding it up hugely, I'll get there in the end lol :hug:

thanks for the tip:), I had tried this but found my fingers getting hot hot hot lol, and then went to using a fabric strip to wrap around the cartridge, but then you had to take it off every time to pop it back into the heater, there's probably a knack to this, that I would learn with time and practice, I wouldn't rule it out as it was fabby for lege, so fast to apply, and you can put double the amount of wax on with thwo runs of the cartridge, speeding it up hugely, I'll get there in the end lol :hug:
You can get thermal sleeve Ruth,Salon serve do them or Clean and Easy do their own.This goes around the cartridge thus stopping our hands from getting too hot.HTH

Pay serious attention to the costs involved!

Pot & Spat is and will consistently be the most economical to run so will be the most profitable from a product cost point of view. Rollers come next and finally followed by tube systems ... tube systems are proprietary so you can only buy each one from a single manufacturer which in itself puts the price up!

I have tried all three and find that I am quickest and most comfortable for my client with a bucket and stick. You need to be careful with roller and tube systems, if you have them out of the heater too long the wax can thicken which means you are using more product and it can get uncomfortable for the client - with drag. Too hot and its difficult to hold it and uncomfortable for the client again.

The 'hygiene' issue is one of great debate, if you don't double dip your stick there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Also if you do intimate waxing you will need a seperate heater for this for the non-strip wax.

Mat

Sorry hun but I have to disagree with you there. There is no reason why a roller system should be uncomfortable to your client in any way. I do know what you are saying about dragging but most heaters have about 6 cartridges in, so you can swap between two.
They are not difficult to hold as that's why they sell protective sleeves.
Ok so you have added extras like a wax head but it's cuts your treatment in half. It takes me 10 mins if that to do a half leg and 20 mins with a pot. So I can fit 2 clients in in the time it takes me to do 1. So really the costs involved are minimal. Also this system is great for mobile! xxx

You can get thermal sleeve Ruth,Salon serve do them or Clean and Easy do their own.This goes around the cartridge thus stopping our hands from getting too hot.HTH

Have you seen the rubber one from austrailian body care? It lasts forver! :) xxx

Have you seen the rubber one from austrailian body care? It lasts forver! :) xxx
I dont actually use a thermal sleeve Kylie,though I have got one for my Clean and Easy system.I should use it really,I think I must have Teflon coated hands :lol:

I would only use pot and spatula, have tried the roller system but dont think it gave the same results, plus i find the way of disposable spatulas much more hygienic and a lot easier to use but then everybody is different and its good that we have that many choices so we can all find what works best for us.

I love the clean and easy roller system! However I do have a pot and spatula as well for some eyebrows. When I worked at the salon all they had was the c&e system, so I had to learn to use that for eyebrows, they are small enough to use for them, you just have to practice.
HTH
xxx

I use Clean + Easy roller system. It's great, even for eyebrows.

I use non-strip wax for lips and bikini lines.

I used to work in a salon that had the tube system and it was so bad that it was my main reason for leaving the salon. I just couldn't manage with it. My boss knew this and did nothing to help, just made me feel bad. I work for myself now and can choose whatever system i like!

BB
x

I use Clean + Easy roller system. It's great, even for eyebrows.

I use non-strip wax for lips and bikini lines.

I used to work in a salon that had the tube system and it was so bad that it was my main reason for leaving the salon. I just couldn't manage with it. My boss knew this and did nothing to help, just made me feel bad. I work for myself now and can choose whatever system i like!

BB
x

You know I have heard loads of people say they have problems with those tubes,that the wax doesn't flow easily etc.Really put me off tbh.
I cant use my Clean and Easy roller wax for eyebrows I tend to do nearly my whole shape using wax and there is no way I could define the arch using a roller.so I use pot and spat to do the job and can then just use the tweezers to do the last little bits causing minimal pain.

Then again I am a real sensitive soul and hate tweezering myself or being tweezered:green:

Latest posts

Back