Pregnancy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations chik.
I didn't return to my job but I still got maternity pay. Don't fret about that now though it's a long way away. Just look after yourself and that baby x

You can't eat female sheep when preggers????

How the hell do you know what sex the meat is?

:lol: NO ..you shouldn't touch them..live ones that is ,and i think it's pregnant ewes. Someone help me out here, tell me this is true.

Ohhh no that's unlucky!!! Can't you keep your legs crossed for three weeks!?

LOL was thinking the same when I read it!! Ya never know baby might be late, maybe not that late though, lol!!:eek:

You know, even at this stage...I'd really rather not! lol! I just want to have this baby now...she's now well over 6.5lb already and I have another month to go:eek: !

Congrates hunnie,

I think that the laws of maternity changed....i was looking at them a few weeks ago,
if youre baby is due on or before 31 march 2007 for the first 6 weeks you get 90% of your average weekly earnings with no upper limit, and the remaining 20 weeks are standard rate or a rate equal to 90% of your average weekly earnings. whichever is lower, and if the baby is due on or after april 2007 for the first 6 weeks you get 90% of your average weekly earnings with no upper limit, and the remaining 33 weeks standard rate or rate equal to 90% of your average, again whichever is lower.
Go on to the following website and you can find out all about it.

DWP - Services and benefits - Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)

I think some doctors work differently, but i think they should have told you there and then....my doctor did.Its amazing all the things that you cant eat when you are pregnant, but just keep taking vitamins.

well i hope all goes well for you both.....keep us all posted of how you get on.

xxx

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !:hug: :hug:

just to give you all a quick update on the situation - I was supposed to drop the urine sample off at the doctors surgery this morning but seen as I set off to work at 7.30 am I told fella to take it!!!! Anyway last night I did two more tests (different makes to be certain) and they were both +ve so I rang the doctors at lunchtime and asked them if it was necessary to have them do a test - she said not if I was 100% certain - which I am and took all my details and said a midwife will call me!!!!

In response to some people's comments:
1. I have virtually stopped smoking but to allow myself a couple a day I do not tink will be harmful - anyone who has a 20-a-day habit will know its tough to just stop
2. The fiance was over the moon when I told - will be his birthday on 4th April and our 3 year anniversary on 9th so he said that was his presents in one!!!!
3. I was taking folic acid whilst conceiving for a bit - gonna start taking in again but gonna see how small the Pregnacare tablets are cos can only take 'pill' sized ones!!!!

going to see the midwife on Wednesday - am really nervous!!!!!!

Thanks guys - the doctor said in my case after looking at my notes that rather than just stopping a 20-a-day habit straight away I'm best off just cutting down to a couple a day cos the stress of stopping like that may cause more damage - but am trying - promise!!!!

First, congratulations!!

Second, I do understand.
When I fell pregnant and quit cold turkey, my nerves were so shot, my blood pressure sky rocketed and spooked the doctor. It was that bad, they considered giving me meds, but determined that the meds were more harmful for the baby than smoking... so they told me to just cut down.
Sometimes the ill effects are worse than the cigarettes.
sounds crazy, but that's the way it is.
Cut down to 6 a day, you'll feel stressed but not enough to affect your bp, I don't think. 6 should be plenty enough to take off the edge. If you can, only smoke half of one, and butt it out.

I'm not going to get into a huge debate about smoking bad, and all that.
We know it's bad. No arguments there.

But there are worse evils, sometimes.

For the record: my mom was a chain smoker. We all turned out healthy sizes, no asthma, no allergies, etc. (same applied to her parents and my father's side of the family)
Same for my daughters. Perfect health, no asthma, no allergies. VERY good sized babies.
My sister never smoked, and produced two children with such severe asthma, that she can't have carpets or teddybears or anthing of the like. Her 4yr old gets meds with steroids in them. Note: her hubby's family has asthma and allergies.
Soooo, my beliefs are it's genetic.

BUT I definately suggest cutting down, and eventually quitting.
You really don't want that smoke in your house nor to set an example by smoking.

I struggle every day to quit.
One day I will.

Besides, you can't smoke while in labour... Do you really want to go through all that while nic-fitting at the same time? It's H***, I assure you:lol:

Best of luck!
:hug:

Dont be nervous hun, it a wonderful time that you must enjoy. Believe it or not you will miss being pregnant when you have had your baby. Remember that when you are due!!!

Mine is 2 n half years old now and I still miss her kicking me (well, ok she does still kick buts thats different lol).

No matter how tough your pregnancy may seem or be, it will all be worth it in the end.

I dont know if I will have any more children as I have Joint hypermobility and suffered with SPD badly when I was pregnant. The pain was awful but if u ask me now what the pain was like I couldn't tell you. You forget as soon as you are holding that little bundle. I would have gone through the labour 2 or 3 times again to have that feeling. I was so jealous of my friends having babies after me as they got to go through the joy of labour and i couldn't do it again, how sad am I.

Everything you feel is all worth it in the end even when you think you can't cope anymore with heat/pain/being huge etc etc

Enjoy it and when your baby is born, treasure every moment as it's not long before they are slamming doors and throwing toys in a temper lol.

Also, enjoy special times with your partner, they are much much harder to come by once you have a baby lol.

So basically, enjoy it, dont be nervous, we are all here for you to have your hormonal chats to and I am sure there are a fair number of mums on this site to offer advice when you need it.

There is nothing more special or precious in the world than being pregnant and holding your new born for the first time.

Congratulations to all 3 of you

Rachel xxxx

Firstly thank you for all your replies!!!!

I have cut down the cigs to a max of 5 a day but that was only this weekend when I was out (by the way I dont drink alcohol anyway). Normally I have 20 a day and take another fresh packet out witj me at weekends so I think I am doing quite well (sometimes its like 40 a day when I've been out) - because my partner smokes I have been having '2's' instead of full fags so I am quite proud of myself even if some of you are disgusted - are telling our parents this weekend once we have seen the widwife and know whats what - will keep you informed!!!!

:lol: NO ..you shouldn't touch them..live ones that is ,and i think it's pregnant ewes. Someone help me out here, tell me this is true.

It's true! Something about pregnant sheep and goats can make you go into labour - my doctor told me why but can't I remember now!!!!

Stay away from the farms where you can handle sheep and goats....

Congrats btw!!!

And stay away from critters like snakes and iguanas.... you'd be at risk for salmonella poisoning.

:hug:

when i was pregnant in 2004 i was also a smoker and my doctor told me the same thing. anyway i didnt manage to stop altogether and my son was fine!

i never smoked in the house untill he was 2 though.. and still dont smoke in the same room now dunno why but it dont seem right,

and yes i know it was only the same when i was smoking with him in my tummy but its just not that easy to quit.

dont beat yourself up hun, your doing great to cut down as many as you have.

i found the gum was good for me,everytime i wanted a cig i used to chew like mad..gave myself jaw ache some days lol.

works good for when you have baby too.

but after all that babble i wish you luck in your pregnancy hope your fit healthy and have a wonderful labour.

congratulations!!!!!:green: :green:

p.s i have 3 children im a pro..lol if theres anything i can help you with drop me a pm. xx

hi, congratulations i would start taking folic acid now, i am currently 11 weeks pregnant and my doctor gave me folic acid on prescription. keep us updated on how its going.

Just to clarify that we dont smoke in the house anyway - my jaw does ache cos I am chewing that much gum but I really am trying!!!! - will update wednesday after I've seen midwife!!!!

acwhiteh ahhh bless i feel for you hun!!

as ive said please dont think about it 247 coz you will never do it.

i think your doing great xx:hug: oooooooo midwife tomorrow eh..ahh im sure she will be really nice. they normally are:green:

just a warning the midwife will take some blood when you go!
dont know if you knew this already but its better to know in advance xx

Just an update on how it went with the midwife - it was pants!!!! She never took blood - I requested delivery at another hospital and she was disgusted and kept asking me why - said she'd send a letter off to hospital but said i'd have to chase them if I hadn't received a scan date in a months time!!!! Fella said that we should do something about it so I rang the antenatal dep. at the hospital myself and the midwife I spoke to there was sooooooooo nice - said she'd sort something out and ring me back this lunch time!!!!

Will let you all no when I hear somthing!!!!

I dont think the midwives actually take the blood hun, they didn't here anyway.

You normally get an appointment through to go and get the blood taken.

We had the choice of 2 hospitals due to the area we live in but you should be able to choose where you have your baby regardless of what anyone else thinks.

My 1st scan date was set at my first ante-natal appointment, there was no waiting involved, other than for the actual date. Isn't it stange how things differ from region to region.

How you are feeling ok. How far gone are you now?

Rachel xxxx

Thanks - I had the choice of 3 hospitals but decided against going to one Ishould do for the area I live in cos everyone I know have had bad experiences there!!!! As far as I know I am about 10-12 weeks but need the scan to confirm this as I cannot count on periods due to never being regular!!!! I just wanna know how far I am so we know when to tell everyone - cant exactly tell people I'm pregga's and then when they ask when I'm due say sorry I dont know!!!! ssooooooo fustrating!!!!

Oh dear, it can be an emotional time with all the waiting. It seems that that is all you do when pregnant. You wait for the first scan, then you wait for the results of bloods, then you wait for the baby to move, then you wait for 2nd scan (if you get them there), then of course, you are waiting for the baby to be born.

If you are relatively sure that you are 10-12 weeks, that means you know roughly when baby will come so just say, oh i'm due in such and such a month but we are waiting for the scan to confirm the EDD.

I knew when my daughter was due even though the hospital said it was a week later, there was no way she was. I was only 2 weeks pregnant when i found out so things were still fresh in my mind as to when "it" happened.

She was born 2 days earlier than my date and 9 days earlier than hospitals, so who do you think was right. You will soon learn to trust your instincts. I also knew that she was a girl even though hubby was convinced she was a he lol.

Be patient, things will fall into place soon enough and there is nothing like telling the grandparents to be that they will soon be holding a baby, a grandchild, it's a lovely feeling sharing news like that.

We couldn't wait to tell my hubby's parents, we told them 3 days after we found out. I hadn't had an appointment with the midwife at that point either.
They were soooo happy, they both cried, weboth cried, it was great lol. They were so desperate for grandkids, his mum worked with alot of people who had them and she always felt that she would never get any lol. Plus they were moving to France within a year so we wanted them to know early so they could share the joys that came with each month.

Go on, put your feet up, enjoy the fact that you are actually really pregnant, scarey isn't it lol.

Rachel xxxxx

Latest posts

Back