Presents from America - what would you ask for?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver Fern

Reaction score
My dh is going to the states next week for work and has asked me what I'd like him to bring back.......and my mind went blank!
I'm not a fan of Ugg boots or into designer labels so apart from sweets for the kids I'm at a loss but don't want to miss out on what could be a great opportunity!
It's a lovely dilemma I know but help!!! :lol:

How about a new bag?.. I'd be asking for one of those.. I'd get him to take a pic on his phone and send it before he gets it. OR a new Guess watch .. OR some fab new MAC makeup :)

My dh is going to the states next week for work and has asked me what I'd like him to bring back.......and my mind went blank!
I'm not a fan of Ugg boots or into designer labels so apart from sweets for the kids I'm at a loss but don't want to miss out on what could be a great opportunity!
It's a lovely dilemma I know but help!!! :lol:

Why not ask for a first class return flight so you can be with him LOL

Failing that what about a crocodile handbag...at least with one of those no one is going to try and nick your purse for fear of having there hand bitten off...by the crocodile that is LOL :eek::lol::lol::hug:

Pastrys. Without a doubt.

We got a few pairs in the sale for $19 each. They were old styles in the US, but they hadn't come out yet in the UK. When they did they were around £65 here. Bargain. We filled our cases lol.

Pastrys. Without a doubt.

We got a few pairs in the sale for $19 each. They were old styles in the US, but they hadn't come out yet in the UK. When they did they were around £65 here. Bargain. We filled our cases lol.

what are pastrys???? :lol:

never mind - just googled them and now drooling......

OOoohh I just remembered, a client of mine had the most GORGEOUS Havianna flip flops (It's never too early to think of the summer :))

They were pink with rhinestones .. V V nice :)

handbags and purses !! macys do some gorgeous ones i had a field day there x

what are pastrys???? :lol:

never mind - just googled them and now drooling......

Heaven is what they are lol. And sooooooooo comfy too. And they come in the most beautiful boxes that you can store them in, stacked up in your wardrobe. Oh man, I want a new pair now. I shall blame you :lol:

I'll tell you what NOT to get - Hersheys chocolate, I brought some back from New York and they're horrible, they taste like sick!

Victoria Secrets stuff...they do some lovely underwear and yummy pj's

Victoria Secrets stuff...they do some lovely underwear and yummy pj's

Oh agree! We went in all the sales though and could hardly move so we had to go back (shame! :lol:)

dh would love to go shopping in victorias secrets - think if I tell him he can go there he might not re-emerge lol! he's a rare breed that actually likes shopping!

thanks for the tip about the hershey bars - will also not be getting anything with nuts in as ds hates them!

there is a lot of silly stuff that i loved in america...

tide pens - like a stain remover in a tipp ex pen bottle, it just takes any stains away :D

5 hour enery - its like a shot but tastes good and really perks your energy up

I want Apple Bottom jeans...abercrombie hoodies or t shirts...

Tiffany jewelley?? mmmm and the big doughy pretzels (not sure if they would survive the flight thoug lol xxxx

Oh I bought some fab Abercrombie jeans too - *sigh*, I miss NY!

:
there is a lot of silly stuff that i loved in america...

tide pens - like a stain remover in a tipp ex pen bottle, it just takes any stains away :D

5 hour enery - its like a shot but tastes good and really perks your energy up

I want Apple Bottom jeans...abercrombie hoodies or t shirts...

Tiffany jewelley?? mmmm and the big doughy pretzels (not sure if they would survive the flight thoug lol xxxx

Me too, everything you've said and not forgetting a cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory Yum Yum!!!! Don't know about getting it home though lol x

I got my friend to bring me back a pair of pink timberlands on her last trip. They were almost half price.

I got my friend to bring me back a pair of pink timberlands on her last trip. They were almost half price.

My sister brought me back brown timberlands when she went to NY, they also were practically half price, she also got me a starry macy's bag and a NY Nail File :)

Skechers shoes are much cheaper in the U.S. and the range is far greater.

If dh is going to California, don't forget to ask him to bring back some Ghirdelli chocolate ... it's the best!

I'll tell you what NOT to get - Hersheys chocolate, I brought some back from New York and they're horrible, they taste like sick!

have to agree i tried it last week in florida AWFULL !! so glad they did nt buy cadburys or maybe they wanted to buy cadburys to learn how to make decent tasting chocky
Shoes clothes ect are really cheap D&G Abercrombie n fitch Adidas timberland ect are all almost half price and the houses are for nothing we stayed in a 5 bed villa 3 bathrooms double garage indoor pool on a golf course with sports club tennis ect it was massive but currently for sale for only £130,000 :lol::lol:
One thing you cant bring back is fruit ?? its worse than bringing in drugs for some reason there really strict on fruit :rolleyes:
their bedding is lovely they call them comforters they also do these snuggle blankets that dawn loved and if you like smelly stuff the yankee candle company do a great range of scented candles hth

What an opportunity !!!!!!
Levi jeans (get a model number beforehand) are about £20 in the US.
Make up is about half price (I stock up on mascaras)
Abercrombie & Fitch .............anything ! (Again, get a model name or number from the website beforehand)
If you're feeling brave..............you could ask for something from the Apple store - ipod, laptop etc. All a good bit cheaper than here.
I could go on, but I'm off to check out flights :smack:

Latest posts

Back