Princess parties?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all!

I have my first princess pamper party booked for 11th feb, totally by accident wasn't going to offer it but a friend has askedme to so I thought Id take the opportunity to try it out on her,

Got to get my consent forms printed and was thinking of doing file and polish, mini make up, temp tattoos and glitter hairspray and stick on earrings.

Trouble is I'm unsure how to go about file and polish. If I paint my own girls nails just with colour but it literally comes off some nails when they have a bath but if I do base and top coat it's then too wet, plus would base and top help make it last on children? I find children's nails very unpredictable!

Also do you use your posh polishes on them or do you use a different set of colours?

E x

I say too cheap!if youdo only have 4 children then that's £24 for your time, the nails the goody bags and a bracelet for birthday girl, not great money there!.

What you're offering sounds lovely but please make sure it's worth your while ! :hug:

I recko £10 or if you are worried about charging that much then don't include the goody bags

E x

I dont think people round here would pay £10 per child. They complain at paying £3.50 for a 2hour session at a climbing/soft play place for birthdays.

I've bulk bought files, polish, organza bags and stickers. I boought sets an divided them up and each bag (including the bag itself comes to 81p each), The bracelets cost me 12p each to make and take me 5 mins to make. So I guess I could up the price to £7/£7.50 but going above that just wont get custom. Theres a few people around here that do these parties along side their day job (teachers). Thing is aswell is that im not aiming at the market where my boys go to school, so I cant ask them what they would pay because they are the sort of people who go to NSS and want somethng for nothign becasue the world owes them... you get the idea lol.

I also think because im new to nails and just starting out, im not confident. I always struggle to price my work thinking is it good enough to charge that?
xx

that's good information girls :)),i went to best hair salon aventura and really my nails become so beautiful really

I dont think people round here would pay £10 per child. They complain at paying £3.50 for a 2hour session at a climbing/soft play place for birthdays.

I've bulk bought files, polish, organza bags and stickers. I boought sets an divided them up and each bag (including the bag itself comes to 81p each), The bracelets cost me 12p each to make and take me 5 mins to make. So I guess I could up the price to £7/£7.50 but going above that just wont get custom. Theres a few people around here that do these parties along side their day job (teachers). Thing is aswell is that im not aiming at the market where my boys go to school, so I cant ask them what they would pay because they are the sort of people who go to NSS and want somethng for nothign becasue the world owes them... you get the idea lol.

I also think because im new to nails and just starting out, im not confident. I always struggle to price my work thinking is it good enough to charge that?
xx

Ah ok, I assumed that it would cost you more and take ages to make the bags and bracelets, but when you put it like that it sounds good! I guess you need to do what you feel is right, and you will know if it works when you do it,You've got me re thinking my prices now lol...........

Ex

Ah ok, I assumed that it would cost you more and take ages to make the bags and bracelets, but when you put it like that it sounds good! I guess you need to do what you feel is right, and you will know if it works when you do it,You've got me re thinking my prices now lol...........

Ex

Why not do a set price, say £75 for 2 hours maximum of 8 girls. If 8 girls then I'd do file, polish and nail art, glitter tattoo and gift bag each.

If it's only 4 girls you could do the same as above but maybe do make-up, hair or add toes too. That way it looks like more for their money but hasn't actually cost you much.that way you know you are guaranteed to walk away with £75.

The way you have to think about it is it will probably be say 3 hours out of your time if you include you travel and set up time. You could easily do 3 sets of shellac in those 3 hours. If you charge £25 that's £75 so doing a pamper party for little girls has got to be worth your while to give up your time when you could do 3 or 4 shellacs in that time and earn £75-100!

xx

Caz can I be cheeky and ask where you got your files etc from?

Thanks Steph x

Have pm'd you xx

Cheeky again, but would you mind doing the same for me please? I'm trying to do princess parties but need to find cheap ways of doing goodie bags! Hope you don't mind me asking! Xx

Where do you guys get the bits from for your goody bags I've been pricing them up but seem to be quite expensive, would love to know x

I buy multi packs of items, such as packs of 3 or 6 patterned files and split them up, Same for nail stickers, check out ebay, they do some reasonable one in multipacks, and again with polish, buy multi packs from shops that are NOT little little girl shops (ie, dont go to Claires or girls clothes shops or boots or superdrug) and again split them up. Bags I have got from Ebay.

I spent hours researching every possible combination etc. You just have to be careful you are not buying really cheap rubbish. Especially from ebay. Check feedback carefully, and look at everylittle detail. Make sure stickers come is packets, lots advertise like they are, but are actually just the shet of sticker, no packet, hence VERY cheap prices. Make use of high street shop sales etc to buy polishes, Select had them on sale.

HTH
Caz
x

Hi,
If anyone can pm me where you get ur bits for goody bags from? Xxx

Love this thread :)

I am thinking about doing Princess Parties too and just thinking what I can add to the goody bags

What types of things does everyone include?

Love this thread :)

I am thinking about doing Princess Parties too and just thinking what I can add to the goody bags

What types of things does everyone include?

I have these in my buisness plan and was thinking mini polishes, hair bands, jewellery, rings, sweet little girly bits to go in the goody bags. You could add little notebooks and pens anything really maybe some little makeup bits especially for kids. X

I offer princess parties. I have my first one tomorrow 9 x 6 years olds (my daughters birthday) its at my salon. They are each having their nails painted, a glitter tattoo, a cup cake, pink drink and a goody bag. The goody bags are an organza bag and inside is a heart shaped lolly, a lip gloss and a pandora style bracelet. The goody bags including bags cost less than £1.50 each. I charge £12 for this. I am thinking of offering a "no frills" version for £10 so no goody bags and cupcakes.

We have a 12 year olds party on the 11th feb and they are having mini facial - cleanse, 5 min massage, masque and then moisturise lotion, and also they're nails painted. This is also £12 which will include a cupcake and a pink drink.

X

I offer princess parties. I have my first one tomorrow 9 x 6 years olds (my daughters birthday) its at my salon. They are each having their nails painted, a glitter tattoo, a cup cake, pink drink and a goody bag. The goody bags are an organza bag and inside is a heart shaped lolly, a lip gloss and a pandora style bracelet. The goody bags including bags cost less than £1.50 each. I charge £12 for this. I am thinking of offering a "no frills" version for £10 so no goody bags and cupcakes.

We have a 12 year olds party on the 11th feb and they are having mini facial - cleanse, 5 min massage, masque and then moisturise lotion, and also they're nails painted. This is also £12 which will include a cupcake and a pink drink.

X

That sounds ace I do something very similar but my party boxes cost £3 from an outside company, I hope you don't mind me asking but where do yo get your bags from do you make them up yourself or buy them like that? X Susan x

Hi a lot of people have spoken about pandora style bracelet going into their goodie bag.
Can anyone up load a photo of these, and where do you get them from, after all my pandora bracelet, has cost me lot's of money and I would not put it in a goodie bag:)
Thanks
Abby

Hi a lot of people have spoken about pandora style bracelet going into their goodie bag.
Can anyone up load a photo of these, and where do you get them from?
Thanks
Abby

Also wondered what happens if I child does not bring their consent letter, do you just sit them out?
I realise legally there are issues, but seams very unfair, could you ring and get consent off the parents?

Hi there,

I'm just about to start adding these parties to my services.

Can I ask those of you that do make up, what brands you use? Do you use make up specifically designed for children?

Thanks

Jackie

Hi guy's,

I would also really like to know where you get the bits to make the pandora bracelets, or ideas of where to get cheap things for the goody bags, I have looked on ebay but can't find anything thats fairly cheap in bulk :).

I've bulk bought files, polish, organza bags and stickers. I boought sets an divided them up and each bag (including the bag itself comes to 81p each), The bracelets cost me 12p each to make and take me 5 mins to make.

xx

Hi, I wonder if you wouldn't mind messaging me with where you purchase your goody bag items so cheaply and also the bracelets as this sounds great. I am just thinking about adding these to my business. I hope you don't mind me asking xx

Latest posts

Back