Pro Impression Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
I brought 500 French Tips from Pro Impressions, and put them on one of my clients for the first time 4 days ago.

I got a phonecall from my Client today, saying thsy are snapping off, and that she is trying to be extra careful with them.

I am not impressed at all, as I was under the impression and reading on pro impressions write up, that these tips do not split, break or crack!!

I brought 500 French Tips from Pro Impressions, and put them on one of my clients for the first time 4 days ago.

I got a phonecall from my Client today, saying thsy are snapping off, and that she is trying to be extra careful with them.

I am not impressed at all, as I was under the impression and reading on pro impressions write up, that these tips do not split, break or crack!!

What system do you use? Gel or l&p?

Are you sure you are doing the free edge thick enough?

What system do you use? Gel or l&p?

Are you sure you are doing the free edge thick enough?

It's Gel.

I do the thin bonder layer, then a slightly thicker layer. Then I do the apex building, and then another layer along the top. I then file and apply topcoat!

I thought it was the product that gives the strength so you can't blame the tips for snapping!'

I thought it was the product that gives the strength so you can't blame the tips for snapping!'

Well I am doing the gel thick enough, and it wasn't snapping this quick on my other tips!!

Lucybluebell is right. Your tip is just there to provide length and a base to apply your product to, there is no strength whatsoever in the tip, so the problem you are having is not due to the strength of the tips. I would get your client to come back so you can have a proper look at them and try to diagnose the problem. Is this a new or regular client? Could it be that she's not looking after them?

"tips are for length, not for strength!"

I use Pro Impressions and they are really nice, never had any problem whatsoever with snapping or breaking.

xx

Have you switched from half well tips to pro impressions well less? I struggled with the well less ones at first, i found because there was no 'click' or any set place for it to sit i wasnt applying enough pressure when applying of that makes any sense. So they did ping off occasionally while i got used to applying them. They are lovely tips to work with in my opinion, amazing for what you pay xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

I love pro impressions tips never had a problem with them snapping.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

Guys.... No disrespect in my reply here, I appreciate your replies, but....I never said anything about the tips being the strength. I have just said they are snapping. I know that it is just there for length. But I am not understanding why they would snap, when they are supposed to be a better brand then the other ones I was using. Yet the other ones didn't snap like this and especially not this quick after application. I do my gel application the same, so I know it isn't that!

I would get your client to come back so you can have a proper look at them and try to diagnose the problem. Is this a new or regular client? Could it be that she's not looking after them?

She is a reg, and I was using the other tips on her with no problem. This is her first application with pro impression tips, and they started snapping

She is a reg, and I was using the other tips on her with no problem. This is her first application with pro impression tips, and they started snapping

Is it just the tips that are snapping and coming away, leaving the product in place or is the whole tip breaking off, both tip and gel? I dont know about pro impressions tips as I use another brand but do you need to remove shine from them? If so have you remembered to do that? Thats the only reason I could think of for tips breaking and leaving the gel behind.

Is it just the tips that are snapping and coming away, leaving the product in place or is the whole tip breaking off, both tip and gel? I dont know about pro impressions tips as I use another brand but do you need to remove shine from them? If so have you remembered to do that? Thats the only reason I could think of for tips breaking and leaving the gel behind.

It's just the ends snapping. The stress area is still securely in place,and gel left behind. Yes, they need the shine removed

Are they clear tips or natural?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Did you remove the shine & what gel are you using hun? X

I'm a bit confused..you said the tips were snapping? How can they snap off alone when they are bonded to the product?! Sounds to me like it's the product that isn't strong enough (sorry if I'm being dull!)

French Tips hun!

Some gel won't cure properly with French tips. I use pro impressions and have no problem with them. I use nsi balance gel over them. Are you making sure your free edge is strong enough. How long is the clients free edge.

In my experience the only way the tips will chip etc are if there isn't enough product on the free edge to support the tip.

Did you remove the shine & what gel are you using hun? X

Yes, removed the shine with a white block and filed ends!

I'm a bit confused..you said the tips were snapping? How can they snap off alone when they are bonded to the product?! Sounds to me like it's the product that isn't strong enough (sorry if I'm being dull!)

It could very well be the product not being strong enough, I will admit at present, I use lower market Gel "The Edge" But yes, it snaps on the actual free edge. The stress area and the rest of the gel on the nail plate is still intact

Latest posts

Back