Problem from yesterday - tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimberleySOS

Reaction score
I just wanted some advice;
I tanned a lady yesterday afternoon which didn't spend hardly any time drying off & when she was getting dressed she knocked her leg with her shorts.... This morning she has messages me

I just wanted some advice;
I tanned a lady yesterday afternoon which didn't spend hardly any time drying off & when she was getting dressed she knocked her leg with her shorts.... This morning she has messages me

Is there more?? X

Saying she has a white patch on her leg (she has a christening tomorrow and is wearing cropped trousers where this will show), what would you suggest she does? Should I offer to re-spray her leg? She lives quite a distance from myself as well.... If she tried to touch up herself what would you reccomend?

If you do want to touch it up, ask her to come to you (as it was her error, not yours) x

But I'd suggest some ideas how she can fix it (all depends on what solution you use ???) foundation? A little home fake tan? Is it a big mark? X

I'd go but maybe ask her for £5 petrol or something like that? However such a trivial charge hardly seems worth charging at all :/ Maybe go FOC on this occassion and just stress the importance on drying off properly, your helpfulness might ensure the repeat business...or she might have just wanted this on the one off bcos of the christening? Tricky one xx

If she doesn't want to come to you. You could always suggest foundation. But the best would be to come back to you and have legs resprayed oh and next time sell her a can of touch up xxx

It shouldn't be that wet it smudges when your client gets dressed.

maybe your spraying a bit much on & that's why it's tacky. x

I use LA Tan... I had literally just finished spraying her front she used the machine to dry off for literally 20 seconds and said she was ok I did advise her to dry some more but she said she would be ok so I advised her to be really careful. I have offered her to come to me which she was going to do, ive set up and she's just messaged to say she hasn't got time as has to be somewhere by 10.30am So she will leave it.... This is her second tan from me she had a trial run for christening as hadn't had a spray tan before and was really really pleased. Hope she returns again even after this :-/

My friend always used to get dressed so quickly and it would be patchy on legs and come off of feet. She used to say that I can't blame her as it was my fault no matter how many times I tried to tell her it was HER after care! Anyway, last time I did her I dried her off with the hose for ages and then she waited a good 10 mins to get dressed and TA DA, perfect tan!!!! I always make my clients wait a good ten mins to get dressed, is so worth it.

My friend always used to get dressed so quickly and it would be patchy on legs and come off of feet. She used to say that I can't blame her as it was my fault no matter how many times I tried to tell her it was HER after care! Anyway, last time I did her I dried her off with the hose for ages and then she waited a good 10 mins to get dressed and TA DA, perfect tan!!!! I always make my clients wait a good ten mins to get dressed, is so worth it.
10 mins??
Should be dry straight away! R u using too much tan?

I went for my first spray tan last week and was told to wait ten minutes before dressing too?! Is this not correct? X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Some of my clients get dressed straight after I have finished, especially if there is a group of girls and they dont like to be half naked in front of each other. I have never had any problems.
10minutes is a LONG time to wait, it shouldnt be sprayed on so wet as to mean you would have to wait this long for it to dry!
x

My clients are almost completely dry after spraying them. If you finely spray clients you can always do two coats and you end up using way less product. I used to over spray but after doing Aviva technique now do two fine coats and soo much better. Much better wear off too. You should try turning your gun down on a friend to try it!!

I dont really understand how could be a white spot if they smudged? Normally it would turn slightly darker in that spot? I would fix for free first time. Then she is more likely to book again :)

I've been spray tanning for about 6 yrs, have used a couple of brands and now use Ecotan by Sudo. I have never had any problems and my clients all dress straight away.
I close my nozzle over so that the spray is a very controlled, fine mist which allows me to stand very close to the client, my gun is literally about 12 inches from their body.
The tan is therefore "dry" upon application.
It sounds like you are using too much tan or that you are standing too close with the nozzle too "open."
Close your nozzle fully so that nothing comes out when you pull the trigger and then tweak it slightly so that you can just see the mist. It works for me, no runs or wet patches and certainly no complaints.
Don't forget that as long as the tan has touched the skin then it will develop, you need a smooth and steady action following whichever tanning pattern that you use... Face and chest first etc.
Keep your gun moving to avoid product build up in one area, when this happens it tricks your eye into thinking that everywhere else is White so then you end up respraying and the client gets wetter and wetter.
I'm a bit rubbish at explaining things but I hope this helps xx

Is there any chance this could be a bit of barrier cream that hadnt rubbed in properly? Happened to me once before, u dont notice it until u spray :S

Latest posts

Back