Product Remover Or Pure Acetone

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Product Remover Or Acetone?

• Product Remover

Votes: 75 34.9%
  • Acetone

Votes: 138 64.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
I was told during my training that acetone should not be used more than 2-3 times a year to soak off a set. It is apparently very strong and damaging for the natural nails, therefore I have never used it.

I use a product remover, or as my supplier calls it: resin off. I must say that when my clients arrives with a set made by someone else, especially one made in acrylic, it takes forever to remove, but I am a little scared of acetone:rolleyes: , so I prefer to wait:eek: !! I should probably get my hands on some acrylic remover, if there is such a thing...?!!

I use acetone, the reason being that I bought a 4 litre bottle of it years ago, & until its finally gone, i cant justify buying some kinder product remover. :cry:

i was taught to use acetone to soak off

soak a lint wipe and wrap the nail with foil

i do find acetone very drying on the skin i will try a bit of solar oil

Product remover has a certain percentage of Acetone but also contains conditioners to recondition the natural nail and surrounding skin. If you use neat Acetone then you will strip your skin of all nutrients....( this is the reason of the white chalk left on the finger/nail after removing from neat Acetone)
Has anyone ever seen what happens to hair if soaked in Acetone, it just snaps because its been striped of all natural nutrients, soo if i wouldn't put my hair in Acetone then why would i soak my nails in it???
Also high possibility of alergic reactions.
Hope this helps

I was using IBD product remover but started to use acetone when the bottle ran out as my local supplier doesn't stock it and i have to pay postage when i order from Beauty Express or Salons Direct! If that's all i needed it turned out to be really expensive.

I use the tin foil method and i cut up a lint free cosmetic pad into 4 (so that it really only covers the nail), oil the finger up, soak the bit of pad and place on, fold up and wrap the hands in a towel. Normally takes 15-20 mins and the fingers aren't white afterwards. I heard that you could use vasaline as a barrier but haven't tried that yet.

acetone is all I've ever used.....I apply a good oil as well before they soak.....I also use my Sonic Touch to remove them more quickly.....and cover with a towel so the smell isn't as bad.....but actually don't mind the smell of anything nails come to think of it ......must be just my weirdness ...:rolleyes:

What is a sonic touch?

I have just purchased Mundo's product remover. x

I just use acetone , but I don't do very many soak offs . Mostly myself.

I am a Nail Tech for 24 years now, and have only ever used Acetone. I use it to soak off, (which we only do once to twice per year anyhoo) remove polish, (remember, you are going to be servicing the client, so if it wears the nail, you can fix that right away. This is never the case because acetone is soooo fast, there is no time for the nail to become thin) I also use it to clean my brush (on the rare occasion that it needs it. When it begins to clump, this usually means time for a new brush.). What made me use it for all of the above, was that I attended a class around fifteen years ago. (Tony Cuccio from Star & Cuccio was the speaker) I learned so much from him. He talked about how techs are convinced by their schools etc. to purchase so many different items when one can be used for all the above. As far as drying goes, a bit of oil helps although I tend to do a mini mani after the removal which takes care of that. Hope this helps, I tend to babble when writing.:lol:

I always use product remover to remove enhancements. It's the professional way to do things, :)

Latest posts

Back