Promo ideas for quiet month

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nixnewcastle

CND Education Ambassador Newcastle
Reaction score
Im having a really bad march everyone. Anyone got any suggestions? I've had a lip wax all day and thats it!! Had loads of clients not turn up.
Advice anyone please? :(

Why not create a special offer for Mothers Day available any day in March or by gift voucher. Make a nice sign (if your not mobile), text all your clients, put it on facebook, wherever you can.

I also know that some people pick their quietest time and advertise cheaper services then, e.g. Tuesdays 12-4 all waxing half price!

Hi
I'm really busy at the moment,,, I have a special offer on pedicure complimentary shape and varnish on hands or an eyebrow shape. Also special offer on minx.
I have been doing a leaflet drop 5,000 leaflets cost me £69 and I only got them last week and I have made my money back and everyone of those leaflets have rebooked and I still have two boxes of leaflets left.
Also facebook it's free,,, I've been to hairdressers today and left leaflets,,, sainburys in there staff room and a wegding shop who going to permantly keep my leaflets will ring me when they need some more.
Why not email or text clients with a special offer or promotion for next week?????

network, network, network.

Kezza* where did you get your leaflets printed?

One suggestion that I mention on previous post is mobile or text marketing. Without getting to technical i am sure that everyone familiar with reality tv where you can text to vote,something like "text JOHN 88802 to vote....".

You can add this on a flyer or even a sign in the reception saying "Text HAIR to 88802 to receive text alerts of out latest offers. This let the consumer opt in to receive text alert and a great way of generating leads. Once you generated enough leads then you can do offers every 2 weeks targeting different area of the business. Week 1 on colouring then week 3 on manicure for example.

The reason why I think this will work well because i help salon generate clients and 80% of women who book their service leave their mobile so it make sense to market your customers using mobile as platform.

Its low cost, direct and versitle and a good way if increasing brand awareness. If also a great way to fill in the gap during the week or during quiet times. If anyone is interest pm me.

Hi
I'm really busy at the moment,,, I have a special offer on pedicure complimentary shape and varnish on hands or an eyebrow shape. Also special offer on minx.
I have been doing a leaflet drop 5,000 leaflets cost me £69 and I only got them last week and I have made my money back and everyone of those leaflets have rebooked and I still have two boxes of leaflets left.
Also facebook it's free,,, I've been to hairdressers today and left leaflets,,, sainburys in there staff room and a wegding shop who going to permantly keep my leaflets will ring me when they need some more.
Why not email or text clients with a special offer or promotion for next week?????

Oh please tell me your secret. I can deliever 100's and not get even 1 reply! Glad it's going so well for you xxx

Hi Kylieb

I don't know what Kezza secret is but you can combined text marketing with flyers. Rather than putting an offer on the leaflet, you say on the leaflet to "text NAIL 88802 and receive 20% off manicure/pedicure and receive our latest offers with our free text alert service". Once they send a text, they will get an automatic reply with a special voucher code with a Call to Action. it could say "Thank you for your request. Quote NAIL232 and book your appointment to receive 20% off. Subject to availability, Call now on 02081112234."

Even if people text in but do not take the offer on the 20% Off manicure and pedicure,you still have a list of potential clients to then send text alert on different promotions on different treatments such as facial or massage to generate new customers.

All of the above are good ideas. How about offer a free eyebrow or lip wax with every service? Bring a friend and both receive 20% off? This way you get another body in the salon.

Hello
www.leaflets2letterbox.co.uk,,, I had A6 size,,,, think if you want them to do your artwork they will charge you abit extra.
You need to try and get clients to rebook and if they don't make sure they had a pricelist and a business card and let them know roughly how long if will be when they should have there next appointment.
My prices are very cheap but I'm homebased and it's what's getting people in,,, I only have one salon that's in my area and there seems to be alot of people in my area looking for someone.
I alwyas do monthly offers,,,, in January I didn't bother and I had some many people ring so that's in now I sticking to it every month now,,,,, I find facails and massage go really well with clients when their on offer but this month with the pedicure's is going really well.
I stick my leaflets or business cards whenever I can.
Emailing clients with specail offers works I always get a few extra that way and also it's reminds some clients to rebook.
I'm going to start doing a weekly promotion just for facebook.

The leaflet drop thing def worked for me....the company I use are doing an offer of £99 for double sided A5 full colour leaflets then its £25 per 1,000 to have them delivered. I had some delivered and used the others as price lists. Maybe team up with the hairdressers and see if they want to advertise on one side and go halves on the price

Thanks everyone. I think Im defo going to get some leaflet drops done. I want to pay someone to do it but im nervous incase they dont actually deliver them

are you within a hairdressers or do you have your own place? x

Im upstairs and along the corridoor from the hairdressers

why dont u suggest to the hairdressers to promote you to all their clients and whoever gets you the most appointments till a certain date or for a certain day u can give the hairdresser a free treatment! like a wee competition lol im sure they'd be happy to join in for a freebie! :)

Your in a hairdressers?????
Ok so are the hairdressers busy?????
Why not do complimantary shape and polish when your quite????
Offer a discount that if they having hair done then on the same day they get xxx amount off.

Latest posts

Back