Psychic readings! How scary!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can all believe what you want, it's a free world (thankfully). I have no issue with anyone believing in God, Santa, the tooth fairy, whatever you like. I just find it all a little bit sad and needy. I don't need it. Others do. If it makes them happy, content and therefore better people, then I'm glad.

My first post was written in the tone of the Aussie guy on the new Ant and Dec ad where he calls Dec "Dick". This is how i am. If you read it back in a heavy Aussie accent you will hopefully read it the friendly tone rather than the patronising one which was unintentional.

Although I did mean the jibe about "sad".

All psychics I have come across have unfortunately not convinced me enough to believe. I was once open-minded about the subject as my late mother was a firm believer but the more I've seen, the less I believe. By the way, mum and dad have been dead 11 years. Not an inkling of anything....

Anyway, I'll leave you all to it now. Bye!!

I was curious if you had ever been to one, that's all. One day you will visit one and they will tell you things that make you believe, there are good ones out there! I purely went because I was curious as to what she would say and I found it interesting.

I was curious if you had ever been to one, that's all. One day you will visit one and they will tell you things that make you believe, there are good ones out there! I purely went because I was curious as to what she would say and I found it interesting.

Hi Lolly, your post is an acceptable opinion of yours. It would not be mine, there is no right or wrong here, an open forum will always spark debate. I am probably one of the most opinionated people on this forum but your comment of "One day you will visit one and they will tell you things that make you believe" isn't one I would agree with....but that is my opinion..... ha ha ...I really hope there will never be a thread on "Faith" as that would always end in an outright argument and probably a few geeks jumping up and down smashing a few plates, coupled with a lot of potatoes and carrots being flung around the room and gravy splashed walls!.. :biggrin:

I had my first reading a few months ago, as soon as I walked in she said Jean ha kept contacting her mentioning the name Charlie, Jean is my late nan and Charlie is my still alive grandad...strange!
She knew exactly how I was when I was younger, doubts and worries I had about things.
She knew my uncle had passed away and had been in a wheelchair, also that he was artist and loved rock music
I'd just gotten into a new relationship at the time and she said I would end it in about 6/8 weeks due to it not feeling right....which I did, by myself not by her influence.
It was amazing! Would love another xxx

I went to Grace Kennedy in Essex and she was really good, she knew so many things, unfortunately my father in law had mesothelioma at the time of my mother in laws reading (April time) he had been given 3 months to live (nothing was mentioned at all to her) and she picked up on him and his illness but she said he would be here until around November, my father in law bless him passed away last Friday. I believe that's pretty spot on I know people are sceptical but how can some of them (the real ones) be so accurate?

It just amazes me :) x

Obviously everyone is entitled to believe what they want... however I would strongly recommend reading up about 'cold reading' techniques before making your mind up =)

I took ten minutes out of my life to watch that, and what an interesting watch it made. Apply science and logic to everything and you can't go wrong!

A lady who I went to for reiki told me my recently passed dad had come in with me. She told me so many things that convinced me he was there ( won't bore you with it all).
Anyway, I later heard that she had moved house as her dog had attacked and killed the neighbours cat. :(
You'd have thought she'd have seen that coming...

Yes there are frauds out there but then there isnt.

All the readings I have had are correct, I have never met the mediums before. They only knew my first name and nothing else. They described my grandparents to a t- down to the way my grandfather passed away which was unusual.

She described my grandparents house, the entrance and drive way and even what cars they had on their drive. She named my brother, my partner and my auntie and my nans sister. She said alot of things only I knew. We have unusual names in our family so pretty good guess work if you ask me!

Some don't believe but many others do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes there are frauds out there but then there isnt.

All the readings I have had are correct, I have never met the mediums before. They only knew my first name and nothing else. They described my grandparents to a t- down to the way my grandfather passed away which was unusual.

She described my grandparents house, the entrance and drive way and even what cars they had on their drive. She named my brother, my partner and my auntie and my nans sister. She said alot of things only I knew. We have unusual names in our family so pretty good guess work if you ask me!

Some don't believe but many others do.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Dont be upset by the posts Laura, they are opinions and everyone has their own, if you are a believer then that is good too. :)

Just curious to know why you kept going back for more if they were all charlatans. Genuine question.

Nights out with girlfriends, that sort of thing. I came along for the ride. It was a gift once from my ex. One was another ex's best friend's mum who was a professional charlatan and made good money from it. This is all about 20 years ago. One taped the session and on playing it back a few years later I binned it.

I'm still waiting for my 3 sons. I've got 2 daughters and am 45 years old. I better get a move on!

Hi Lolly, your post is an acceptable opinion of yours. It would not be mine, there is no right or wrong here, an open forum will always spark debate. I am probably one of the most opinionated people on this forum but your comment of "One day you will visit one and they will tell you things that make you believe" isn't one I would agree with....but that is my opinion..... ha ha ...I really hope there will never be a thread on "Faith" as that would always end in an outright argument and probably a few geeks jumping up and down smashing a few plates, coupled with a lot of potatoes and carrots being flung around the room and gravy splashed walls!.. :biggrin:

I'll supply the gravy. :D

Nights out with girlfriends, that sort of thing. I came along for the ride. It was a gift once from my ex. One was another ex's best friend's mum who was a professional charlatan and made good money from it. This is all about 20 years ago. One taped the session and on playing it back a few years later I binned it.

I'm still waiting for my 3 sons. I've got 2 daughters and am 45 years old. I better get a move on!
LOL…..you better had.

It's a very sensitive subject as you'll never make a non believer a believer and vice versa.

I've had amazing readings and some total tosh.

"Professional Charlatan" Haha, did she put that on her CV?

The thing is Adam, although it may be a big joke to you, many people find comfort in psychics after they've lost loved ones.

I've had the most amazing evidence and as I just said, some rubbish. Like nail techs………some are amazing and some need to be struck off.

Can't sit on my hands any longer. Here's my take on this...

Completely acceptable to have differing opinions on this. I'm on the fence about mediums in general. I'm also on the fence about religion.

What I didn't like is this:

Although I did mean the jibe about "sad".

Whether it was meant as sad pathetic or sad bohoo it was a completely unnecessary comment. Having an opinion is one thing, saying this is another. I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they believed in was sad, whether it's mediums, religion or otherwise. I say whatever gets you through your dark days and low moments and pulls you out the other side or simply just gives you hope is anything but sad.

I'm not inciting an argument, blocking anyone's opinion or saying it isn't valid, but I've been on this site for over two years and lately Im finding this site rather uncomfortable to read. Let's not mix up being entitled to an opinion with not showing respect to others.

Righto ive had my little rant :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Can't sit on my hands any longer. Here's my take on this...

Completely acceptable to have differing opinions on this. I'm on the fence about mediums in general. I'm also on the fence about religion.

What I didn't like is this:

Whether it was meant as sad pathetic or sad bohoo it was a completely unnecessary comment. Having an opinion is one thing, saying this is another. I wouldn't dream of telling anyone what they believed in was sad, whether it's mediums, religion or otherwise. I say whatever gets you through your dark days and low moments and pulls you out the other side or simply just gives you hope is anything but sad.

I'm not inciting an argument, blocking anyone's opinion or saying it isn't valid, but I've been on this site for over two years and lately Im finding this site rather uncomfortable to read. Let's not mix up being entitled to an opinion with showing courtesy to others.

Righto ive had my little rant :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe I shouldn't have voiced my opinion. Sorry if you find my feelings about it offensive. Probably shouldn't have said it was sad without giving a valid reason. I've had (like most of us, I'm not unique) had some dreadful experiences in life and......

.....actually too long winded, boring for everyone to read, I'm not going to explain why I think it's sad so I probably should have left that bit out if I'm not going to explain myself.

I saw a guy last year who I was literally blown away by. I lost my niece in August last year, and after she passed I went to see her and just told her every thing it would ever have wanted to say, then kissed her goodbye for the final time... He repeated to me nearly word for word what I said to her. The only two people in the room were me and her.
He also told me many other things, all of which have come true. He told me I have a very serious health condition being investigated, but not to worry because I'll be okay. He told me he could see "spiders webs" all across my insides, which is sometimes how endometriosis is described, which is what I was then bundled with.
I'm seeing him again on the 22nd of this month so fingers crossed he's got some good stuff for me!
I was skeptical before I saw him, but then I knew I had to believe because there was no other answer for it :3

What I mean by that is, this is how she made her income. Full time. I'm not sure if she had a degree in it and I didn't notice any certificates on her walls. But she had a crystal ball. :D

I didn't mean beleive as such. All I meant was if someone could tell her things that no one could have known. Then she might be able to believe that they can actually tell you some things. However they do it. I didn't mean anything much by that other than that :) x

Latest posts

Back