Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388678396.080560.jpg
This is my 5kg bag of coconut oil! I won't be running out for a while

I have coconut oil on my hair as we speak! Gonna leave it in for an hour or so, was gonna go to bed with it on but my pillow will get all oily! Lol x

I have coconut oil on my hair as we speak! Gonna leave it in for an hour or so, was gonna go to bed with it on but my pillow will get all oily! Lol x

Just tie your hair up and pop a towel over your pillow

Iv also just read that you need to leave it in for a long time for it to penetrate, about 14 hours! X

babychops - Where did you read that? It will penetrate into your hair in MUCH less than 14 hours.
People are seeing a difference to their hair when they have just added it to their shampoo & washed it off after about 2 minutes.

babychops - Where did you read that? It will penetrate into your hair in MUCH less than 14 hours.
People are seeing a difference to their hair when they have just added it to their shampoo & washed it off after about 2 minutes.

Yeah I noticed it after using it with my shampoo so don't know why it said that! Lol I'm going to leave it in overnight though and see what it's like tomorrow :) x

I absolutely love coconut oil, I keep one in the kitchen for cooking with and one in the bathroom.

Just a little tip for any ladies that suffer with thrush...apply a small amount to the affected area 3/4 times a day...works best if taken orally as well, a table spoon a day.

Ewww the thought of eating a spoon of it turns my stomach! A spoon of honey I can do but not coconut oil

Hey ladies I bought some from my local health food store. Used it this morning left on for about an hour my hair feels so good! How often would you recommend using it? Thanks!

I use it twice a week. Xx

Just tie your hair up and pop a towel over your pillow

This is how I slept last night. I must get an oil that doesn't smell though, I find mine a bit too strong, although I love coconut.

I also try coconut oil and it was good in hair ,in fact in Finland country some of the hair salon at http://www.degreehair.fi/ recommended to use natural or organic things to make your hair healthy and coconut is included in that.

Ewww the thought of eating a spoon of it turns my stomach! A spoon of honey I can do but not coconut oil

Try mixing it into porridge or hot chocolate, coffee etc.

My hair definitely feels better today! Not 100% but I'm sure after a few goes it will get better and better, along with a really good heat protector spray and not colouring it to much lol x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388739796.597982.jpg
I'm assuming this is the same?
One of my Asian customers told me to get it, Asians swear by it apparently. Only used it once as it was a pain to wash out! (Just being lazy!) x

View attachment 51722
One of my Asian customers told me to get it, Asians swear by it apparently. Only used it once as it was a pain to wash out! (Just being lazy!) x

Amanda, when you go to wash it out, don't wet your hair first, oil and water don't mix, massage the shampoo on dry hair first to dislodge the oil, rinse them shampoo again and condition.

Think of it like a greasy frying pan, water will not wash off the grease, the washing up liquid does x

View attachment 51722
After looking that up it seems it has stuff added to it so it's not going to be exactly the same as 100% pure coconut oil (I wouldn't eat or cook with it, or use it on my skin lol).
It says: "Vatika Coconut Hair Oil is a delicate mix of pure coconut oil with special hair care herbs including henna, amla and lemon".

Amanda, when you go to wash it out, don't wet your hair first, oil and water don't mix, massage the shampoo on dry hair first to dislodge the oil, rinse them shampoo again and condition.

Think of it like a greasy frying pan, water will not wash off the grease, the washing up liquid does x

That's a good example! Lol x

I'm so grateful for this thread! I had a baby boy on Boxing Day and bless him his little bum and were getting sore. I was having a job cleaning them and getting a build up if bum cream.
So took your advice and have bought some virgin stuff from tesco and it is amazing! Helps clean him, protect his bum and it all looks a lot healthier down there! Have just put it all over after his bath as he is a bit flaky. Lovely stuff, can't wait to try it on my hair if I ever get time for a shower!
He does smell like a little toasted teacake though...:0)

I have read before that if you use it for long enough your hair will always smell of coconut. Have any long term users experienced this?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have read before that if you use it for long enough your hair will always smell of coconut. Have any long term users experienced this?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No lol well mine hasn't got any smell to it thou what so ever iv been using it for about 6 months now x

Latest posts

Back