Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amanda, when you go to wash it out, don't wet your hair first, oil and water don't mix, massage the shampoo on dry hair first to dislodge the oil, rinse them shampoo again and condition.

Think of it like a greasy frying pan, water will not wash off the grease, the washing up liquid does x

I tried that one, I put shampoo on my hair dry, but had to wash it 4 times after that! Could of used too much I suppose x

Currently sat with oil on my hair. Possibly went a bit ott as I have it running down my neck and face, lol! Not pleasant. But I find it such a pain putting the stuff on!

Currently sat with oil on my hair. Possibly went a bit ott as I have it running down my neck and face, lol! Not pleasant. But I find it such a pain putting the stuff on!

Haha maybe a bit too much! But atleast your face & neck are being moisturised in the process :p . I just rubbed a bit of it in my hands & massaged through the roots & then did the same for the ends of my hair, it didnt feel wet it just looks really greasy & horrible but after a wash it is so soft & shiny!

Lol! Yeah maybe abit to much! When I did mine it wasn't running down anywhere my hair just looked really greasy! Lol x

Hahaha I've learnt a valuable lesson, I look like I've been swimming in a chip pan!! I figured the more the merrier but err maybe not

I love this stuff! It truly is amazing! Definitely perfect for delicate skin! Used it on all three of my baby daughters and does wonders! Use it on my face, and it feels so soft. A little goes a long way! Although never used it on my hair before, does it go on dry hair or freshly washed?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha I'm the same always runs down my face I just give it and good rub in! Lol I find it best to section my hair first before I start to apply it

Wow the KTC oil, bought today at Tesco. £1.60.... Love a bargain, can't wait to try on me and my fella gets psoriasis too.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using SalonGeek mobile app

I did this first time. Thought I'd be clever and melt it in a plastic application bottle. Second time, I just melted it in my hands, bit by bit and rubbed it well into my scalp.

Today I washed my hair in the 50/50 shampoo and I must say, I have the softest hair I have had in ages. And the shine!

No lol well mine hasn't got any smell to it thou what so ever iv been using it for about 6 months now x

Ooh if you've used it for 6 months do you have before and after pics of your hair so we can see the difference? x

Brilliant thread! It's on my Tesco shopping list, have a client with very dry, very curly & porous hair, so will Deffo be recommending it to her,Thank you x

I've been watching this thread with great interest but not seen anything about using it on greasy hair (unless I missed something!). Anyway I have long ish virgin hair n it's quite greasy however in the winter months it can look quite dull n I've never really had a shine to it. I didn't want to go out n buy coconut oil if it's just going to make it greasier! So is it suitable for me and anything you would do differently for a greasy hair type? Xx

Don't know if anyone's said this as well but you can get it from holland and barratt... I saw it yesterday but didn't see the price, it was a big old pot of it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y2ege7ah.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that can't find it in your local supermarket, you are more than likely to find it at your local Indian grocery shop (assuming there is one)! It's cheaper than the health food shops.

I've been watching this thread with great interest but not seen anything about using it on greasy hair (unless I missed something!). Anyway I have long ish virgin hair n it's quite greasy however in the winter months it can look quite dull n I've never really had a shine to it. I didn't want to go out n buy coconut oil if it's just going to make it greasier! So is it suitable for me and anything you would do differently for a greasy hair type? Xx
Although when you put the coconut oil on your hair it LOOKS greasy, it doesn't actually make the hair greasy, just soft & shiney after washing it out, so I would say give it a go and see what you think.

Coconut oil wont change the genetics of your hair no. Good haircare will keep it the healthiest it can be but it wont add thickness.

Thanks a mil for your reply. I got some anyway as curious to try. I put it in and wrapped a towel around. I washed it out after 2-3 hours and my hair felt lovely really soft and healthy and shiney. I loved how it felt. I put some in my eyebrows too and accidently discovered what a lovely eye serum it makes too. I'm delighted to have discovered coconut oil now, what a lovely thread xxx

It's good for your leather sofas too. Rub a small amount all over then wipe I leave for about 10 mins then wipe off

I don't think it will make your hair greasier in any way because once wShed out it doesn't leave a greasy residue at all If your hair is dull and has no shine please use this you will not regret it and regarding help with your hair being greasy in general I would use a citrus based shampoo it will fight the grease I love Paul Mitchell's shampoo two its a deep cleansing shampoo the tree one is good aswell but if you can't get any of these then a citrus based shampoo will work great! hope that helps x

Latest posts

Back