Pure coconut oil

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's 16oz which is about 454ml, I don't mind the cost as I got another tub free so the two tubs will last a while, I buy so many products that don't really work and then come across this! Lol I'll stop buying products now lol x

Yea id say that's not bad!
And no more buying expensive products yay! This stuff lasts you ages I'm sure we will all still buy our products we are hairdressers after all and when we see new things we are like kids in candy stores! Haha x

Im so gonna get me some of this. Especially if it doesn't smell strong of coconut. Thanks ;)

I was like this when I first starting using it then you just get used to the shine ect 6months down the line I'm seeing the growing side results everyone keeps saying how long it's got and so quick I haven't told them my secret! Haha for the shine side put it in with your shampoo but for more result I.e growth you are better off massaging it onto your scalp you will get maximum results this way then rib a little in your ends after styling for the shine and defrizz x

I will def be massaging it in and doing it properly in future I just tried a little as I didn't have time to leave it in lol my hair is nice and shiny after just one use! Thanks for doing this thread! :)

Hmmm what happened to "No OTC products" or are you all using "Professional coconut oil"? LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm what happened to "No OTC products" or are you all using "Professional coconut oil"? LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
If something works are we supposed to NOT say so just because you can buy it in a shop?

Pure coconut oil isn't exactly an over the counter product, it's something that can be used for MANY things as well as for the hair.

It's great for cooking, does wonders for the skin so is a fab moisturiser & great for stretch marks - hence why there is coconut oil in MANY stretch mark creams & shampoo/conditoners that are available both over the counter AND as Pro products.

Nothing containing a small amount of coconut oil is going to beat the pure stuff though is it?

I am a massive fan of coconut oil. I use a pure virgin oil from my local organic health food shop. I have 1 which i cook with and 1 which i use for my hair as an intense mask, and i use it has a body lotion, im currently pregnant and like the idea that im using something that is natural and chemical free on my bump. also a great anti stretch mark body oil. Love the stuff its great in smoothies also as a great source of your good fats. also great for a mouthwash as oil pulling.

Yes I agree! I wasn't serious about coconut oil being an otc product, but know I think about it, does anyone sell it in their salon?? I know that I have told clients about it in the past, I wonder if anyone is packaging it into a hair-retail form???

Haha yes mines from the Wholesalers (Asian) lol x

This is on my shopping list for tomorrow! Can't wait to try it. Will save me a fortune on conditioners and hair masks etc

Read the link I put in Hun it will give you all the info you need to no x

Sorry I'm still confused! It says before shampoo but does that mean without any water too? So on dry hair? I used a coconut treatment thing years ago from an Afro hair store and I applied it to dry hair but it took about 10 shampoos to get the blimmin stuff out which is why I'm a bit wary now!

Sorry I'm still confused! It says before shampoo but does that mean without any water too? So on dry hair? I used a coconut treatment thing years ago from an Afro hair store and I applied it to dry hair but it took about 10 shampoos to get the blimmin stuff out which is why I'm a bit wary now!

Haha yes I massage it in my scalp and run it through to my ends about an hour before washing my hair So when's its dry and with no water I look like a right grease ball! I always wash my hair twice anyway but it comes out fine never left greasy after it's been washed x

Haha yes I massage it in my scalp and run it through to my ends about an hour before washing my hair So when's its dry and with no water I look like a right grease ball! I put it in a bun let it seep into my scalp then wash it off I always wash my hair twice anyway but it comes out fine never left greasy after it's been washed x

Haha yes I massage it in my scalp and run it through to my ends about an hour before washing my hair So when's its dry and with no water I look like a right grease ball! I put it in a bun let it seep into my scalp then wash it off I always wash my hair twice anyway but it comes out fine never left greasy after it's been washed x

Sorry didn't think the first one went on lol x

waffle4 - You can do it WITH shampoo or conditioner - half oil & half shampoo or conditioner, rub in as you would normally then wash out.

You can ALSO apply it to dry hair, massage oil into the roots & scalp and add more if needed through the mid lengths & ends, leave on for a while (anything from 20 minutes to overnight) then wash out.
I find applying shampoo to the dry hair and then adding a little water massage to a lather and then wash as normal is the best way to remove the oil. I usually apply shampoo a little water & lather, rinse & repeat then condition. Dry and style as normal using a little oil as an anti frizz syrum if I'm straightening my hair.

There is no right or wrong way to use pure coconut oil, the longer it's on the more your hair will absorb from it & the better it will look but even after just 2 minutes (using it with your shampoo or conditioner) will give you noticable results.

Thank you ladies. Was just a bit wary of having chip pan hair lol

Coconut oil has saved my hair and restored it. I swear by it also. Does anyone use it in their Salon on their clients? If so, how do you incorporate. I find that salons are heavily focused on salon systems and don't seem to embrace a the best of DIYer's. It think salon professionals would do well to experiment, find best practices of DIY and create new services and increase their bottom line. Great link Beckstar.

I'm not a licensed professional but I am creating a unique salon studio service for professionals with a licensed professional (biz partner) and we were just talking about Coconut oil today.

I also beginning to blog about bridging the gap between DIYers and professionals. I see so much opportunity for pros to capitalize on this movement of (health conscious hair care) and increase their bottom line.

Last edited:
Thanks beckstar! Ordered some after i read this and i cant believe that something that feels so oily doesnt leave the hair feeling heavy. I applied to dry hair then put a shower cap on over night and shampoo'd off then applied surface cond. My hair feels so amazing!! Defo recommended xxx

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I ordered some yesterday too! It's really good on afro hair!

Latest posts

Back