Putting on sticky nail art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Yesterday i put on some of those little sticky white flowers on to someone i had given a pedicure to.I used the pointed end of my metal cuticle pusher but found it a bit awkward to get it off the tool and onto the nail.First attempt and i smudged the varnish.
How do you put yours on... any tips.

Wait until the varnish is dry and use a pair of tweezers to pick up and position the sticker, then press the sticker gently on to the nail. hth. xx

Wait til the varnish starts to go harden, use tweezers put them on then.

Hope that helps.

Ju xxx

Well it was touch dry..ish but i was getting pushed for time and then i had to top coat.Mind you i then had to take the big toe off and start again so i should have just been patient:)

are the very pointed tweezers best.

Wait until the varnish is dry and use a pair of tweezers to pick up and position the sticker, then press the sticker gently on to the nail. hth. xx

I do the same. Any tweezers work for me.

I shall try tweezers next time then thanks for your help.

Yep Gill, tweezers do the trick nicely.

even with tweezers they can be fiddly to get off...i use tweezers to pick the sticker up and place on the nail then a cocktail stick to press the sticker onto the nail and off the tweezers. x

Cocktail stick for me as well it catches the edge nicely and then even if your polish it tacky it wont ruin it because the stick is so light.

I use tweezers and a cocktail stick, so there is no chance of me touching the enamel at all, I pick it up one end with the tweezers and then poke it onto the nail with the stick!

I use the very pointy little scissors that i normally use to cut out my wells on tips. I find it very sharp and does the trick.

debx

I also use tweezer and a wooden hoof stick to press them on.

One thing i do do is bend the plastic that the flowers are originally stuck on right at the side of the flower, which helps to loosen the edge before i tweese it off.
I have bent and pushed some together and ruined them trying otherways!!!

I use a cocktail stick and press it down with my cuticle pushee. Horses for courses I suppose.....

I use tweezers and a cocktail stick, so there is no chance of me touching the enamel at all, I pick it up one end with the tweezers and then poke it onto the nail with the stick!
Same here... :green:

Latest posts

Back