Question for NSI techs.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chic*digits

Reaction score
Can someone give me a rundown on the difference between the Attraction Powders and the classic (NSI). I spoke with a lady from the company and she didn't really go into detail besides telling me that the prices are pretty much the same. I know Attraction is their newest line but I'm having some problems with the Classic Clear powder that I didn't have with the Attraction clear. The acrylics come out slightly yellow with orangish dots. The products I'm using are Classic clear powder, Odorless Spa liquid and glaze--n-go to finish. Maybe I should be using only the classic liquid with the classic powder?

Ok well nobody had commented yet, so I figured I should take a pic so you can see what I'm talking about. This is my thumb (the most discolored of them). I put this set on almost exactly a week ago, but I noticed the yellowing the very next morning when I went in the sunlight and it hasn't really changed since.

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq301/chandimo/100_0389-1.jpg

This one is probably easier to see

http://i458.photobucket.com/albums/qq301/chandimo/100_0389.jpg

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain that the Odouless Liquid should only be used with the powder that goes with it, Not the classic powder.

I only use the Attraction range and have never had any of these problems.

Are you getting this orangey colour on all your nails or just one or two? Maybe contaminated brush might be the problem. Failing that try the classis powder with the classic liquid and see if you get the same problem.

If you do maybe its the powder thats at fault and you should switch to the attraction range.

Rachel x

Well the nail in the picture is the worst of them. But they all seem to have a slight discoloration. The acrylic is a little thicker on that nail, so I'm assuming thats why. Right now I'm just doing my nails at home, which is why I'm using the odorless. I'm still waiting for my license so I can get into a shop and use regular liquid which dries faster. I'll probably just invest in a jar of Attraction Clear Powder, but I'm going to give the company another call to make sure.

i was also thinking about the brush being contaminated.i use nsi products but i have never the same combination as you as i have always used the attraction liquid as i didnt like the oderless liquid.
i do think its worth you phoning nsi to see what they think about this and if they think the powder and liquid are suitable to use together.x

Hey xx
Glad you posted this!! I also use the Attraction range for my l&p and the glaze n go top coat. I have to say that I actually noticed, for the first time ever, the last three days of infills have been clients with discoloured nails.......not sure why either. I dont mix the nsi range so its defo not that :cry: hope someone can help....its the glaze n go for me cause when I buff the top coat off the acrylic looks really fresh and vibrant again....please help geeks ..... why would this happen?

Victoria
x

I had a conversation with a girl at the Manchester NSI and she was telling me that the odourless liquid did have a tendancy to discolour due to the chemical make up of the liquid. Dont quote me on this cos i am not chemically minded but she said that the chemical that stopped the L&P discolouring was the one that caused it to smell so therefore without that particular chemical they could go yellow/orange.

I work from home and use the attraction range. I dont suffer with odours in the house. Work with window open, door closed and a fuminator on the desk. Keep lid on the monomer when not in use and dispose of any wipes used to clean brush in a metal bin with lid.

HTH

Rachel x

i've just had a look at the recent nsi catalogue and they are selling the Spa Professional kit with "5 classic powders - Pink, White, Clear, Purely Pink & Titanium White" and it says you can use Radiant Pink, Totally Clear and Radiant White, which are Attraction powders, so you're ok with the powder you're using and can knock that off your list of causes!:)

If you are using spa liquid it can be used with the attraction powders and the classic. The yellowing can be caused from working your product too wet. Spa needs to be used drier than attraction or universal liquid. check your ratio.

If you use Nail Spa Liquid - it's best to use any Classic powders.
The first reason of such discoloration can be inproper mix ratio, it's very important with the Spa Liquid. Did you get any special training for Odorless acrylic systems?
Anyways, try to use not Glaze 'n Go on top, but file and buff the surface and then use any UV Top Coat.
Good luck!

Well I'm some what relieved that it's not the classic/odorless combinations so I don't have to go out and buy new product. As far as working it with ratio, I've actually been whiping my brush down a lot more after dipping it in the liquid lately because I was having problems with with the acrylic coming out way too thin. The odorless is super tricky thats for sure! I'm going to dry giving my brush a really good cleaning to see if that helps. I use the glaze-n-go because my school instructor informed me that NSI needs a sealer. NSI does have another gel top coat so I might try it out. I've been busy so I still havn't gotten a chance to call NSI yet, but when I do I will give an update on what they have to say. I'm going to find out also if the odorless tends to yellow a bit like Ladybgemini had heard. Thanks for posting! :D

Well I'm some what relieved that it's not the classic/odorless combinations so I don't have to go out and buy new product. As far as working it with ratio, I've actually been whiping my brush down a lot more after dipping it in the liquid lately because I was having problems with with the acrylic coming out way too thin. The odorless is super tricky thats for sure! I'm going to dry giving my brush a really good cleaning to see if that helps. I use the glaze-n-go because my school instructor informed me that NSI needs a sealer. NSI does have another gel top coat so I might try it out. I've been busy so I still havn't gotten a chance to call NSI yet, but when I do I will give an update on what they have to say. I'm going to find out also if the odorless tends to yellow a bit like Ladybgemini had heard. Thanks for posting! :D

This is false, NSI does not NEED a sealer. Glaze n go is purely a cosmetic product, saves the technician time on buffing and keeps the nails super shiny untill their rebalance.

I used the odourless liquid when I did my training and stopped using it after a period of time due to the yellowing.

I really love this site!!! I gave NSI a call yesterday and the lady told me that yes the odorless does tend to yellow when the liquid ratio is too high. She told me that it has to be quite a bit dry compared to working with the regular liquid. She also told me that in fact NSI does not need a sealer. So pretty much everything you guys told me is completely correct and I'm so glad I got involved with salongeek. Since I'm still a newbie, yet done with school, I still run into problems regularly. So it's really nice to be able to come on here and get answers to questions. I also just recieved my license the other day, so I'm excited to get out and get started on my new career. I'm sure I will be back with more questions! :biggrin::hug:

Latest posts

Back