Ready for the salon ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamjams

Reaction score
i am due to start a foundation course in acrylic with CND , I was just wondering what level i will be at after the course ? will i be competant enough to work in a salon or maybe rent a chair ?

Im not expecting to be a master artist and will be doin more training but i will need to be earning to enable me to continue training .

any advice ?

I think you may need a little more time to get comfortable with the products IMO but I could be wrong.

Its a lot of steps to perfect and it takes time.

StephanieXx

well, it all depends to be completely honest. Ill be honest with you about my experience, others will have progressed much quicker than me and others may be slower. I dont want to put you off though. It took me at least twenty full sets before i felt i could even consider charging someone for my nails. Why? well, as Stephanie said:
1. you need to get comfy with the products.
2. you need to learn a whole new set of skills. What you are about to do is hard work girl!
3. You need to learn perils, pitfalls and mistakes and how to correct them

Look, you are in the best hands, I loved learning with CND. they were ace . i still learn new things about nails every day and i own my own salon now.

You will know when you are ready. Your tutor will be there to guide you and give sound advice and help. But its your determination and conviction that will see you through.

Best of luck my love!

tigi
xxxxxxx

well, it all depends to be completely honest. Ill be honest with you about my experience, others will have progressed much quicker than me and others may be slower. I dont want to put you off though. It took me at least twenty full sets before i felt i could even consider charging someone for my nails. Why? well, as Stephanie said:
1. you need to get comfy with the products.
2. you need to learn a whole new set of skills. What you are about to do is hard work girl!
3. You need to learn perils, pitfalls and mistakes and how to correct them

Look, you are in the best hands, I loved learning with CND. they were ace . i still learn new things about nails every day and i own my own salon now.

You will know when you are ready. Your tutor will be there to guide you and give sound advice and help. But its your determination and conviction that will see you through.

Best of luck my love!

tigi
xxxxxxx

Great advice and words of wisdom ... you can and should start charging immediately after the course if only for your products if not the time it takes, but going straight into a salon??? I think not. UNLESS you are an absolute natural at the doing .. but there is allot to learn and you only learn with experience. Still I admire your 'pluck' in wanting to get started right away but CND do not promise miracles ... the course is only foundation BUT THE BEST foundation you could have ... good choice.

I agree completely with Gigi, unless you are so lucky, and start in a salon owned by an education ambassador. (I did after my foundation exam)
Get a lot of practise, it's not as easy as it looks:hug: Best of luck...

Hi! I remember those days...when I qualified as a nail tech I wanted to get straight out there, but you know what; practice plenty first!! Some people pick up skills at different levels; if you are confident enough to go straightinto employment then great! Do be honest during interviews and perhaps offer a potential employer a set of nails for her to assess your level. Salons often hire trainee nail techs until they both feel (the tech and the employer)that you are good enough to charge full price.

I rent a space in a busy hair salon in the high street, and I think because the air salon is so busy and I am currently the only nail tech I had no choice but to get better, quick!

I hope this helps, its my first day on here and I am so baffled with all this knowledge of fellow techs! x

Hi, I start my CND foundation course tomorrow. If I manage to pass in December, I plan to practice for a few weeks and then advertise "Newly Qualified Nail Technician" looking for models. I will charge for my time and products at first and then, after I gain my experiance and confidence I will hopefully be able to charge full prices. Practice Practice Practice that's what I plan to do. Good luck with your course. :hug:

Latest posts

Back