Rebalancing glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemmaB

Reaction score
How would I rebalance glitter tips with l&p? I did my friends nails with pink glitter on the tips but then she wanted to change the colour and wanted silver glitter instead so I filed down the bulk as usual but when I applied the silver the pink showed through :( so do you have to soak off and start over or am I missing some thing?

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I am no expert on L&P but it if it were me....I'd remove and start over cause the pink is imbedded into the acrylic tip right ? But really, it seems it would be easier and more professional to redo them so that the glitter tips will be brand new.

I might well be wrong here as i am no expert at L&P ....I'm just saying how i'd do it :)

Some one with more knowledge than i ( newbie at acrylics) will be able to give advice :)

Michelle :)

How would I rebalance glitter tips with l&p? I did my friends nails with pink glitter on the tips but then she wanted to change the colour and wanted silver glitter instead so I filed down the bulk as usual but when I applied the silver the pink showed through :( so do you have to soak off and start over or am I missing some thing?

I always make the nail in clear nice and thin , and then art then a layer of clear so it's like a sandwich ,
Clear is the bread and art is the filling
Then when you come to re balance your removing the top and the art but leaving that clear layer if you see what I mean?

If you can sculpt, I would simply cut away the current glitter free edge, etch in the new smile line with your efile or hand file, do your infill etc, then build out the new free edge in your chosen colour onto form, pushing the product up to smile line. Cap glitter with clear, etc etc.

This is how I do mine.

This vid may also be very useful - enjoy :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zrGfP_EOTk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

Hi Hun, I would redo the lot but do a base of clear to work *on* this way you can do the art over it and when its time to change, just remove the art down to the clear. A sandwhich affect - clear layer, art layer, clear layer on top. HTH's

If you can sculpt, I would simply cut away the current glitter free edge, etch in the new smile line with your efile or hand file, do your infill etc, then build out the new free edge in your chosen colour onto form, pushing the product up to smile line. Cap glitter with clear, etc etc.

This is how I do mine.

This vid may also be very useful - enjoy :) Acrylic Backfills: Part 1 of 3 - YouTube

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I love this guy!! i have watched all his vids on youtube. he has helped me a lot. :) xx

Thanks, Il try and do clear underneath next time!

Latest posts

Back