Rebecca Adlington's nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe these are hand painted, it looks way to perfect

Sent from my GT-I8160 using SalonGeek

sorry about the large pictures (something i've had my wrists slapped for before!) but I hope the mods will leave them up for now as you need to see the full size to appreciate the comparison.

here's my handpaintedunion Jack - which took me 45mins to do ONE nail

you compare the two...

picture.php

looks nothing like Becky's as nowhere near as perfect...imagine how long it would take doing TEN nails??!!!

poppycock! :mad:

I just tweeted her to ask but couldn't see the tweet, seems to have vanished?!

here's my union Jack - which took me 45mins to do ONE nail

picture.php

imagine how long it would take doing TEN??!!!

poppycock! :mad:

They are amazing!! x

As P&G are major sponsors for Olympics 2012 I don't believe Sophy would be allowed to say she had used Minx because it is not a P&G brand... Revlon will be the polish of choice back there for anything hand painted as Revlon is owned by P&G... however it is very obvious to all that the nails below are not hand painted; I have the UJ Minx in front of me... not much else to say! I will say that Sophy and team are doing a great job in the Olympic Village and that Team CND are doing an amazing job at Eton Dorney! What a privilege it is to be a part of this amazing Olympic production!

this was on sweet squared facebook page xx

As P&G are major sponsors for Olympics 2012 I don't believe Sophy would be allowed to say she had used Minx because it is not a P&G brand... Revlon will be the polish of choice back there for anything hand painted as Revlon is owned by P&G... however it is very obvious to all that the nails below are not hand painted; I have the UJ Minx in front of me... not much else to say! I will say that Sophy and team are doing a great job in the Olympic Village and that Team CND are doing an amazing job at Eton Dorney! What a privilege it is to be a part of this amazing Olympic production!

this was on sweet squared facebook page xx

I can understand that she can't say that she used Minx but why come out and *lie* then about it... Twitter is now reporting that 'nailgate' is over and it has been confirmed they are minx.. not sure what the source is though! In the end will probably generate more publicity for minx and somewhat discredits the lovely Sophy so a bit of an own goal there.

I can understand that she can't say that she used Minx but why come out and *lie* then about it... Twitter is now reporting that 'nailgate' is over and it has been confirmed they are minx.. not sure what the source is though! In the end will probably generate more publicity for minx and somewhat discredits the lovely Sophy so a bit of an own goal there.

serves her bloody right! And it's also confirmed to me that I'm definitely adding Minx to my services now ( i was a doubting thomas this morning..) xx

I think its probaly possible to paint that neat. But it looks like metalic foil not polish. Its too shiny. X on day brake this morning they said it was a foil wrap but then said you can get the same for £6.99 @ ********
I was anoyed at that. X
Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

There is no chance on this green earth that they aren't foils!

I don't use Minx so am not sure of how it lasts. The close up photo of her showing the medal, top two nails show signs of wear (I zoomed in on my iPhone lol) Does this happen to Minx? Also would it not be possible to achieve a similar look with coloured nail tapes for accurate lines as apposed to free hand?

look at the lily allen ones and it's clear that that you can't paid crisp straight lines on every single nail all at exactly the same angle. And if you were that talented (as another geek has said) why wouldn't you then centre the flag on each nail!! Also worth noting Lily on has one nail handpainted as like curvy girl said it would take a long time to do every finger.

If Sophy's PG team are using Revlon polish I doubt that would last very long on RA who is in and out of the pool all day long.

Curioser and curioser....

In my opinion, they're minx.

They're too shiny and metallicy, not to mention perfect. Now, I'm not saying that if you're an amazing nail tech, it's not possible to paint beautiful nails, but those just don't sit right with me.

Curioser and curioser....

In my opinion, they're minx.

They're too shiny and metallicy, not to mention perfect. Now, I'm not saying that if you're an amazing nail tech, it's not possible to paint beautiful nails, but those just don't sit right with me.

they are minx. If you were hand painting a UJ, u would place the centre of the cross centrally on the nail, but, if u notice on any of Becky's nails that have any length the cross is low on the nail EXACTLY like the Minx wrap

http://www.sweetsquared.com/Sweet-Shop/Fingers-Toes/Minx-Illusion_5

see??

oh my god. I am obsessed :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

They are SO Minx :rolleyes:

Silly girl is going to make herself look like a right twonk with all this :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

They are SO Minx :rolleyes:

Silly girl is going to make herself look like a right twonk with all this :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

just looked at some of her work.. she ain't all that.

On her facebook page is listed as the premier nail artist in the UK.

Has she won some competitions or is that self-titled?

I have looked at a few of her pictures on facebook and I think most of her designs look great but I have seen nail art on this site as good if not better!
(I think curvy girl's hand painted union jack beats the lily allen design!)

I do think her houndstooth nails are amazeballs though. Would love to know how she made them!

At the risk of sounding like a killjoy...this thread sounds like it might turn into a bit of a critique of one person in the industry which I don't want to happen...

....just sayin

Latest posts

Back