Receptionists...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
Was just wondering what your receptionists job role is?

I'm just asking as i'm not sure what ours actually does :irked:

Any feed back would be great, just so that I know i'm not going mad in what i'm thinking they should do.

Thanks geeks
xxx

when i started my first salon job while i was at collage i worked on reception i answerd the phone, took bookings took clients payment and made the nxt appointment made tea and coffees. xx

answer calls,take messages, greet customers
main role i would say is to be a good first point of contact for your customers...polite etc

Answering Phones
Taking messages
Making Appts
Greeting Customers
Taking Customer details/ensuring details are correct
Ordering Paperwork (?)
Managing the diary (imo not quite the same as making appts)
Making sure the place is tidy and presentable (I know the cleaner cleans but someone has to 'tidy' during the day)

*This is in my opinion based on what the receptionists do where I work*

:hug:

Thank you ladies! This is just as I thought. Im not going mad after all lol
I was just wondering how they think it is possible for me to take payment,re-book as well as get all of my consultation cards out and still be in time for my next client!!! When all the receptionist is doing is sitting on her a***
And then began to think this must be the norm in some places.

Thanks guys!!
xxx

I think receptionists can often be undervalued. They are mainly the first point of contact and I guess from a client's point of view, if he/she was not well presented and polite/helpful then they would not return, so they can have a big impact on your business.

Totally agree with daisyl, I do one day on reception in the spa I work & was doing two up until recently, so this week was the first week I wasn't there to meet/greet, take bills, rearrange apps basically run around after everyone & they were on the phone to me all the time. I think a receptionist if you can afford one is an integral part of the team & is often very vert under-valued, hth's

Niki xx

You need to ask the receptionist to get your record cards ready for you and tell your client she will take their payment when you are in front of her in reception. Maybe she just thinks you like to do it all yourself. :hug: I'm sure she'd rather do that than just sit there, reception work can be very tedious.

Answering Phones
Taking messages
Making Appts
Greeting Customers
Taking Customer details/ensuring details are correct
Ordering Paperwork (?)
Managing the diary (imo not quite the same as making appts)
Making sure the place is tidy and presentable (I know the cleaner cleans but someone has to 'tidy' during the day)

*This is in my opinion based on what the receptionists do where I work*

:hug:

Also be able to explain the treatments and services offered.
Manage client record cards
Make tea/coffee for clients
End of day reconciliation of takings

I agree with what nikinoodle said.

Receptionist are often under valued and people often don't realise or appreciate how important there job role is with in a company.
I worked in reception for quite a few years before beauty and someone told me that receptionist on crusie ships wear red because they are the heart of the ship...i think this explains it!

Not only are they there to ensure the day runs smoothly and to organise everything they also make your job alot easier (or are meant to anyway) if the role is taken seriously by the employer it's soon obvious when the job isn't being done properly!

I think alot of problems are that job descriptions aren't always that detailed if there is one at all maybe you should ask her what her's is, as she might not be aware of everything she's meant to do.

But saying that i used to work with a girl who took over my job when i was promoted and she used to sit in the loo doing her make up about 6 times aday for a good 20 mins, sit eating at her desk, never answered the phone, would pop out for a sandwich and would be gone for 2.5 hours and sit playing on msn all day, and thought all rules applied to everyone but her! somepeople you just can't help!:lol:

Essay over now lol:lol:

Latest posts

Back