Regular tanners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exquisite Touch

Reaction score
just a quick question?
do you advise your regular weekly tanners to do 3 weeks on and one week tan free or not?
I was taught this when i did my training to make sure that old tan is removed so we can start with a clean slate so to speak....

just wanted others thoughts on this
thanks x

No I dont miss a week, I spray every week, they just have a long hot bath and a good exfoliation the day i'm going to spray them :green:

I do 4/5 weeks then they have to have a break otherwise bits of the tan that is left on the body builds up so i always make them have a break and when i was trained i was told i should do this.x

surely after 4 - 5 weeks their skin would have renewed itself anyway and there would be nothing left from the original tan anyway? natural exfoliation process would mean that they dont get build up over that long! most people are lucky if they get 10 days out of their tan never mind 5 weeks...

I have a question that i would like peoples opinion on!!

i have been checking out the competition on spray tans in my area and was told that the best way to have a tan was to have 3 spray tans 5 days apart and then the 4th 10 days later and then your skin is more used to it and holds the tan better so you can be sprayed once every 2 weeks without tan fading!!

I wasnt told this in my training so just curious as to how true it is

thanks

just a quick question?
do you advise your regular weekly tanners to do 3 weeks on and one week tan free or not?
I was taught this when i did my training to make sure that old tan is removed so we can start with a clean slate so to speak....

just wanted others thoughts on this
thanks x

We are all different,skin condition,the rate at which we replace skin etc etc ...as are the solutions out there..as well as some customers are simply hopeless at pre and post tan maintenance regimes...so unfortunately the answer is different for different people,therapists etc and therefore not as strait forward as it would seem. :hug:

That said provided that proper pre tan and post tan care regimes are followed vigorously there really is no need to "take a break" from applications...

Just make sure the client is educated fully and undertakes exfoliation properly and all will,be rosy in the garden...talking of which...what a beautiful day it is up here in Scotland today :hug:

If clients follow all the pre and after care to the letter, then spraying once a week is fine. I find the only people who could have trouble are those that do not exfoliate and moisturise properly. I do tend to spray clients approx 8-9 days apart if poss. (ie sprayed on Tuesday, following week spray on thursday etc)

I have 7 clients that get sprayed every week with no problems at all. I guess it depends on the type of solution you use as to weather this is possible.
I tell them to exfoliate to try and remove it all. There's always some left. I just spray over it.
The only time you may encounter a problem is if you previously sprayed with,lets say 12% and then sprayed the next time with 10% If there are a few patches left then they could show up more.
xxx

surely after 4 - 5 weeks their skin would have renewed itself anyway and there would be nothing left from the original tan anyway? natural exfoliation process would mean that they dont get build up over that long! most people are lucky if they get 10 days out of their tan never mind 5 weeks...

This is what I was thinking. I have one every week and would only get a build up if I didn't exfoliate in between. But after 5 weeks my tans not going to be building up over the first weeks one :irked: xxx

Latest posts

Back