Removing Semi Permanent Mascara - Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tracey louise

Reaction score
I had semi permanant mascara done today and i dont like it ad its hurting my eyelashes,but im too scared to go back to the lady that applied it and get her to remove it as i dont think she was trained as im sure its probably not ment to be like this. Is there anyway i can do it myself safely or is there anyone near tunbridge wells kent who will remove it for me!
Please help me :-(

Why do you think she is not trained? And where, exactly, is it hurting you? You say lashes, but do you mean eyelids? Did you have a patch test done beforehand?

Sorry I can't offer any help hun.. Im just bumping this up so it's stays at the top so it will grab people's attention!!
Hope you get sorted ASAP! Maybe text the lady & say your in pain & would like to know if you can in anyway remove your self?
Hope someone is along soon to help! X

I know this isn't very professional of me to google lol but I don't like to think of someone in pain...
on 3 separate websites it says oil breaks the semi perm mascara down.. As I searched on there was one lady who mentioned she had GENTLY rubbed baby oil on her lashes which broke the mascara down...
Maybe try it as a last resort if you get no further advice on here.
Hth x

I had to remove mine after having them done as they looked awfull and she got it on my eyelid and I was having a burning sensation I used vasalene came off fine but baby oil should work also hope u not had a reaction I think that's what mine was I'm sure it should not burn
Kelly

Thanks for the replies.
I have tried olive oil but it doesn't seem to have done anything.how long did it take to remove with baby oil? I'm worried if I keep trying my eyelashes will fall out as they feel dry & brittle
I am so stupid for letting her do it,its actually made me sick with worry and I don't know wot else to do.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

why can you just not go back to her to have them removed as you don't like them? Afterall, they are not to everyone's taste.

Hi. Spm is removed with a gel remover, similar to that of lash extension remover, if you have some. For it to be hurting, she must have put to much on in one go, causing to many lashes to stick together. There shouldn't have been any left on your skin at all. I wouldn't really recommend oil, it might loosen it slightly, but you will prob be causing trauma to your lashes. Id just ring whoever did it & explain & she should sort it 4 u x

If it's hurting your lashes you need to let your therapist know and get her to remove it. Did she do a patch test? If not she should bend over backwards to help you.

The only other product I know that can help break down spm is eyelash glue remover.

Hope this helps x

Mineral oil will start to break it down, so an oily eye make up remover will help. Soak a pad of cotton wool in it and sit with it against you lashes. Try not to rub and pull at them. It's the mascara that it brittle not your lashes. Please be gentle and calm. I had to use an optrex eye bath a few days after I'd had it done ( not because of the treatment) and after about 3 bathes it had started to come off so that is an option too.
Having said this I personally I would want a client to come back to me to have it removed even if it was because they were unhappy. If you are still worried I really think you should go back.
Good luck x

Hi, I do crybaby and never had any complaints! Maybe if she isn't trained put to much on and if eyelashes have been pushed in wrong direction and then had coating on that could be uncomfortable, or she could have got it on skin ! Do you know what was used? You need it professionally removed only right at end eg about 3 weeks would baby oil help break it down.

Hiya hun, I'm trained in MYscara and it should not hurt when applied. Do you know how many coats she put on? Did she show you the finished look before you left? I cant recommend removing the product yourself as I would hate if my clients did this. I would go back 1st thing tomorrow. You are not happy hun and I don't blame you and gold help if she is doing this to her other clients. She needs to be informed so she can improve her techqniue. As a professional therapist she should remove this for you free of charge. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with the MYscara and I hope your eyes feel better soon:hug:

Hi x Vaseline may also help and might be a bit more gentle I would put on top of lashes lie down warm cotton pads over eyes in for leave for 5 -10 mins then gently wipe downwards x good luck x must eye enhances hate the oil !!

Im MYscara trained and also have never had this problem, definately do not remove yourself as you could damage your natural lashes, you need to go back to therapist, as how is she to know she has done something wrong, and if she doesnt know she can't change and others will be the same as you! As has been mentioned before it should be removed! You didn't get any oil on did you, as i tested this on myself to see what happened so im better able to tell others what could happen, i put oil based mascara on, and it went clumpy, lashes clumped together and irritated quite a lot, now i know what happens i emphasise to my clients they mustn't use anything oil based x

If there is a stinging sensation it is normally due to the eyes not being closed at time of application and more than likely some of the primer seeped in. xx In this case keep using an eyewash xxxx the remover is like eyelash debonder but any oil should break it down xx

I did ask her about removing it & I presume she isn't using the correct gel remover as she said she uses boots own oil based eye make up remover so this is what she would be using on me,hence why I don't want to go back to her. My friend does lash perfect extensions would she be able to remove it for me?

If it was me I would find a reputable salon and pay for professional removal, which brand is it she used? You could google and find a salon near u. Failing that try eyelash extension remover but Chet it done professionally as it stings like mad if u get it in your eye. Good luck x

I have found out what brand it is and its called xaggerate has anyone heard of that?
I have found a salon that does semi permanent mascara but uses a different brand and she's hoping that her remover will work on mine as I don't want to try doing it myself.

Xaggerate is removed with a remover like semi permanent mascara she should be offering a removal with the correct products so possibly as you say untrained but you can't buy xaggerate without a certificate so maybe she's got hold of it from somewhere. Have a look at wow factors website and there's a salon locator for therapists maybe you can find someone close to remove it for you.

Thanks for the reply.I'm going to a salon tommorrow morning but they use crybaby I think its called do you think that the remover that comes with that will work on mine as mine was done using xaggerate?

Latest posts

Back