renting a room, am i paying too much

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavander Rose

Reaction score
Hi guys

I rent above a hairdressers at the moment I opened up early this year and so far its been going good, starting to get a good client base but ive gone a bit quite the last couple of weeks which means if it does,nt pick up by the end of the month i will be down on my rent, so far ive managed it and a couple of months ive exceeded the rent, though it gets carried over for the next month:cry: so i,m not getting a wage yet which is expected at this time.

I wanted to know how much you all pay for rent ?

AT the moment I pay £433 a month, that does included the water, electricity and the rooms i rent One room is used for storage .

Im finding it hard right now and getting a bit down with myself because I hate failer, and I dont want to have to be put in the position where I have to give up on a dream

Need some advise and a hug lol

Well, I pay over £200 a month more than you do AND I only have one room!!! So personally, I would say u got it good!! I WISH my rent was only £400 a month!!

But that said, it all depends on location, etc.

Keep your chin up though, it takes time!!

:hug:

Hi guys

I rent above a hairdressers at the moment I opened up early this year and so far its been going good, starting to get a good client base but ive gone a bit quite the last couple of weeks which means if it does,nt pick up by the end of the month i will be down on my rent, so far ive managed it and a couple of months ive exceeded the rent, though it gets carried over for the next month:cry: so i,m not getting a wage yet which is expected at this time.

I wanted to know how much you all pay for rent ?

AT the moment I pay £433 a month, that does included the water, electricity and the rooms i rent One room is used for storage .

Im finding it hard right now and getting a bit down with myself because I hate failer, and I dont want to have to be put in the position where I have to give up on a dream

Need some advise and a hug lol

Your rent sounds reasonable to me, so I agree with Kate.
Its early days yet, so dont panic. Dont feel a failure, just keep working hard and you will reap the benefits!

I also think this is a good rent but as said before, location is key to any rent (buainess or residential).

Can you get some flyers printed, hand out business cards to everyone you meet etc to get a few more clients through the door?

Good luck honey :hug: and don't give up, it takes time. xx

OK I'll make you all green with envy now - my rent is £164 a month!!! My own private room where I can come and go as i please and it's on the high street.

Maybe if you're having trouble you could re-negotiate with your land lord?

You are right I have just turned into the incredible hulk! Good luck to you though:)

OK I'll make you all green with envy now - my rent is £164 a month!!! My own private room where I can come and go as i please and it's on the high street.

Maybe if you're having trouble you could re-negotiate with your land lord?

Er, I can do better :o, mine is free. For the 1st 3 months at least :) Although since starting, I have had the owner asking if she can have use of it for her daughter whho also does the odd waxing and they want to use my spray gun too, so I'm glad I'm not paying anything!

xx

Er, I can do better :o, mine is free. For the 1st 3 months at least :) Although since starting, I have had the owner asking if she can have use of it for her daughter whho also does the odd waxing and they want to use my spray gun too, so I'm glad I'm not paying anything!

xx

I wouldnt be happy with them using your equipment hun, what if they break it?!
x

Yes I have thought about that. They're not actually using it yet as they're trying to make up their minds which brand of solution to use :rolleyes: Like I haven't told them which I feel is the best!

So I have said that if they do use it, they must leave it as found and if it does get broken (these things do happen) that they would be resposible for replacing it with a like for like machine. They were happy with that.

xx

The rent seems fairly reasonable to me based on what you have told us.

It seems to me the main problem is getting more clients through the door, how much do you spend on advertising ?

I have just started renting a studio for my hair extension business and I pay £100 per month and I am on a high street.

Rent sounds reasonable to me. . . do the clients downstairs know that you are upstairs? maybe you could carrry out manicures for them whilst they are sitting having their hair blow dried, hand out leaflets, pricelists etc, in other words make your presence known. If you are in a parade of shops, pop into the other shops to introduce yourself and give them discount vouchers and pricelists so they know what you do, this might generate a bit of local business and they will recommend you to their customers / friends.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back