Repair on Xmas day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmo

Reaction score
I've had a client message me today (Christmas day) saying she has 'lost' one of her nails and can I pop round tonight to fix it!
Hmmm do people think we never deserve a day off!!

Christmas Day is where I draw the line. No way- say you have been drinking ... Or actually don't bother replying that's just outrageous to even ask that of you. That has made me so mad! Lol

What a joke!
I wouldn't even reply! I'd reply the day after tomorrow and explain my work phone was off for the HOLIDAYS!
x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

This has made me mad too! What a douche! Is she usually a good client?Merry Christmas btw!! mmm chocolate :) xx

I had this last year I ignored it it made me so so angry so this year I made a point of telling everyone we were closed from the 23rd till the 3rd so far so good ;) merry Christmas x

I'm not going to reply until the 27th, I have 3 children under 3 so she is the last if my priorities on Xmas day!! She's a new client :-/
The cheek ay!!

That would be enough for me to be like 'on ya bike' I don't want clients that think I am their bleeding slave and I'm at their beckon call (sp?)! I don't want people thinking that I don't deserve time off! They can swivel and take their business elsewhere!! Lol
Sorry for the rant!!!! Haha xxx

I've had a client message me today (Christmas day) saying she has 'lost' one of her nails and can I pop round tonight to fix it!
Hmmm do people think we never deserve a day off!!

"yes of course, my christmas day call out fee is £300 plus time and materials, oh and a taxi cause I'm far too drunk to drive, payable in advance by paypal and I can't attend until payment is received"

That's ridiculous! Merry Xmas btw xx

"yes of course, my christmas day call out fee is £300 plus time and materials, oh and a taxi cause I'm far too drunk to drive, payable in advance by paypal and I can't attend until payment is received"

Brilliant! x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

One word. MENTALIST!

That is terrible! Some people are so selfish! Argh! That's made me so mad! Happy Christmas! X

Brilliant!

I had a so called friend and client call me at home, a few Christmases ago, on the landline, which NOONE calls me on except close family, at 2pm on Christmas day. I had a houseful just about to eat lunch and was five months pregnant too. 'She simply HAD TO change the nail art she had on, as her stupid other half had decided to take her out boxing day and her marriage depended on everything being perfect on this date and her nails just did not match her planned outfit yada yada' TEN MINUTES on the phone. Not a happy Christmas or a how are you all passed her lips. I was polite.... Needless to say no longer a client or friend.... Feeling your pain sunshine! Xx

Just recently I went on a cruise for 2 weeks, I informed ALL clients back when I booked the holiday in April, clients then endured months of me wittering on about it, a week before I went I text all clients a very polite message stating that I'd be away from 17th nov to 5th dec, my phone would be off and I wouldn't be checking for texts or voicemails during this time so to please wait till the 5th to contact me etc. I gave 2 numbers of other friend hairdressers that would look after them if needed.... I still had a client text me half way through to ask if she could book two appointments, I didn't reply obviously, and the cheeky devil text me again a few days later with "I hope your having a lovely holiday but can you check those dates please as I really need to know!!!" She got a reply on 6th dec telling her that as I was away when she text I had only got the messages since getting home, she wasn't fazed at all, she then pestered me for about 10 days, texting me every few days to squeeze a restyle in before Xmas, I stupidly fitted her in only for her to then cancel as she was out on her works do the night before and would be hungover ... In future i'll be fully booked when she gets in touch. Some people eh?

I to had client text me on Xmas day to change her appointment on Saturday ...hello I don't carry my appointment book around from the salon..I will reply tomorrow when salon is open.

In currently traveling back from a Yorkshire jaunt to my parents, it's 3 hours home. Oh and it's my birthday.."friend" just messaged me to ask if I could pop in to hers when I got home as she desperatly needs her hair colouring for tomorrow!!! This is the same friend who texted ms 11pm day before Xmas eve to say "what time u leaving for your mums Xmas eve? Just my hairs a right mess and need it doing. Any chance you can do it before you go?"
I have three kids, two jobs and its my first day off in 3 months of course I will do your hair..NOT!

In currently traveling back from a Yorkshire jaunt to my parents, it's 3 hours home. Oh and it's my birthday.."friend" just messaged me to ask if I could pop in to hers when I got home as she desperatly needs her hair colouring for tomorrow!!! This is the same friend who texted ms 11pm day before Xmas eve to say "what time u leaving for your mums Xmas eve? Just my hairs a right mess and need it doing. Any chance you can do it before you go?"
I have three kids, two jobs and its my first day off in 3 months of course I will do your hair..NOT!

I do hope you're not even going to reply to your "friend"? Cheek! X

I do hope you're not even going to reply to your "friend"? Cheek! X

I am actually going to cut all ties with her. She is using me. When I said no on Xmas eve she didnt even respond with "oh don't worry hope you all have a lovely Christmas". New Years resolution is to tell everyone that I'd they Want their hair doing then they come to the salon and pay ;)

I am actually going to cut all ties with her. She is using me. When I said no on Xmas eve she didnt even respond with "oh don't worry hope you all have a lovely Christmas". New Years resolution is to tell everyone that I'd they Want their hair doing then they come to the salon and pay ;)

Too right - good for you xxx

Latest posts

Back