Repair on Xmas day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an xmas day text this year at 1130am.....it said..'hey are u free at all today as two of my nails have come off and im out tomorrow so was thinking soak off and new set? I could do tomorrow at a push.'
I didnt reply because it would have been the sh**iest text in the world. I was fuming. I have a 4 year old and im pregnant and had worked my backside off this year making it perfect for my family. I could not believe it! It did teach me something though.......im getting a new number and keeping the one i have now as a business phone and it will be off when I'm not wanting calls or texts! Sometimes i think they think we just sit at the nail desk waiting for them and stay there until their next appointment!! (I'm obviously still cross! Lol)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

Absolutely Ridiculous!! Some people are so unbelieveable!! Its this kind of thing that promted me to invest in a seperate work mobile (landline is at salon anyway).. I once had a text at 11pm on a sat nite askin me to go out to a hotel (30mins away) to fix a broken nail for a bridesmaid.. I didnt reply.. And im also not mobile so would have had to go and collect everything from the salon which is besides the point it is just unreasonable and i think some clients (very few thank goodness) just dont think!!

Hope you enjoyed your christmas though:)

The cheek of some people!!
I have made it very clear I am closed until January 3rd and will return all messages etc then, but in the meantime my phone will be off.
I thought I was very clever...until I started getting notifications on my Facebook page for appointments on Boxing Day!
I politely replied to one lady that I am closed until January 3rd, only to receive a very rude reply that thankfully was automatically blocked from my wall due to obscene language...some people forget that we have families and lives too!

Just put this on FB..fed up of people messaging me so thought I would deal with it on mass..I'm thinking of saying "I've cancelled my insurance and will no longer be doing hair at home if you want your hair doing book in at the salon " hope this reads ok? Don't want to offend people but they know how busy I have been and how much I have been looking forward to Xmas off and yet these friends still ask!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356652061.369148.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1356652061.369148.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 148
Feel so sorry for those who was messaged on Christmas Day. Regardless of having kids, 50 jobs, pregnant, missing a leg, or even dead, its blooming Christmas Day and everyone deserves it without interruption from customers. I really feel for staff in places like the spar and other convenience shops.

My partner had someone ask him Christmas Eve on the phone why they were shutting early (6pm) because he couldn't make it in time and if they would be open tomorrow (Christmas day). My oh doesn't suffer fools and is quite blunt and rude at times so replied "you have had 362 days since last Christmas to get whatever it is you wanted, I'm almost sure that's long enough don't you?" He ended up hanging up on the customer after they said the staff were too lazy to stay in later to make people's life's easier.
Hope you all had a good Christmas after your hoo ha with clients.
Xoxo

There are no exceptions on Christmas Day - my phone is off and I don't reply. However I did have one of my sisters ask for a reflexology treatment on xmas day whilst we were round the dinner table! I told her I wasn't at work and giving a good treatment is actually quite tiring and I'm officially on holiday! She's not a bad person bless her she just doesn't think!! (And she is a dippy so and so in all aspects of her life ...)

Latest posts

Back