Reverse Technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karentriff

Reaction score
I have struggled with smile lines for ever. I watched a video by young nails using reverse technique so I decided to have a go. I have used light elegance gel custom blended opaque pink and ibd red with silver glitter. I cut the smile line with my e-file. You will note the dark spots on my pinky they are brusies from where i shut my fingers in a drawer (ouch)
http://www.salongeek.com/picture.php?albumid=253&pictureid=2405

first of all thanks for sharing with us.xx
they look lovely and i really like the colours.
the only thing i would say is that your free edge looks like its abit thick but this might be the picture? and i think that your smile could do with being abit more 'smiley'. having said that they are nice and sharp.
great job they look nice and i hope your pinky gets better soon.xx

first of all thanks for sharing with us.xx
they look lovely and i really like the colours.
the only thing i would say is that your free edge looks like its abit thick but this might be the picture? and i think that your smile could do with being abit more 'smiley'. having said that they are nice and sharp.
great job they look nice and i hope your pinky gets better soon.xx

I have to say I agree totaly with Tracey. I always use the reverse application being the young nails scottish educator. Although I do have t add that I do not use the e-file to make my smile lines as it is all in the brush and application and if you try this method you will find really happy 'smiley' faces.

Hope this helps:hug:

I think they look fab hun well done have a big glass of wine to celebrate!!! xxxx

well done they look great
tracy x

Thank you all for your lovely comments. It does wonders to restore confidence after a few set backs. I agree that my free edge is too thick (its not just the photo) I always end up with a thick free edge when I sculpt. I'm not sure what Im doing wrong for them to end up this way. And I agree my smiles could be smilier. I will practice this when I do the other hand.
I would love to be able to do my smiles with the brush but have never managed them thats why I tried the e-file
Cheers
Karen

The only problem i see is the smile line need to be a bit crisper other than than I think that it is great Job!

I think they look lovely.

Thank you all for your lovely comments. It does wonders to restore confidence after a few set backs. I agree that my free edge is too thick (its not just the photo) I always end up with a thick free edge when I sculpt. I'm not sure what Im doing wrong for them to end up this way. And I agree my smiles could be smilier. I will practice this when I do the other hand.
I would love to be able to do my smiles with the brush but have never managed them thats why I tried the e-file
Cheers
Karen
i havent yet perfected my whites and im sure its partky do to with my brush as i have only been using a cheap one.i am now waiting for the ezflow 508 as this seemed to be the most popular on here.
could you be pressing your product down to the free edge instead of the smile line?
or you could be using too much product?
to help solve it i would also recommend that if you dont already have one that you invest in a good quality brush as this is your tool and this is what you sculpt with.
try to file more of your product down at the free edge as this will help make it appear less thick.
i cant wait to see your next set of nails.hth.xx:)

Lovely. Very crisp smiles. Is the video available to watch online? Would be great to see it.

Latest posts

Back