Right Hand issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samee

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Being a newbie I have been practicising madly on anyone/thing that stands still longer than a minute.. Anyway my own nails are atrocious.

My Left hand I just did last night with popits/dual system forms...need more practise but can already see how AWESOME they are..the shine is brill..but how do you do a rebalance/refill on your right hand..

I really could not file out the lift on my R hand properly..so after 90mins decided to soak them off. Then I tried popits/DSF's on ...what a mess..i will have to soak these off too..

I really believe that as a nail tech your own nails should be perfect..you wouldn't trust a dentist with bad teeth..

What do you guys do??

BTW i am right handed hence the lack of dexterity with my left.

Practise, practise, practise.........we have all struggled with our wrong hands and you just have to keep going.

Someone on here gave me the tip of always doing your 'wrong' hand first so that are fresh, also when filing you may find it easier to move your finger not the file.

Good luck:)

Anyone watching me do my own wrong hand would probably laugh their head off!... tongue sticking out, head almost resting on hand, elbows sticking out in weird positions :lol:

Adele's right.. practice. If you persevere and do them enough it will get easier to do.

Make sure you are resting your brush hand well and go extra slowly when applying your bead and pressing out. I sometimes find my wrong hand is better than my right one as I've taken much more care when doing it. :lol:

Anyone watching me do my own wrong hand would probably laugh their head off!... tongue sticking out, head almost resting on hand, elbows sticking out in weird positions :lol:

Adele's right.. practice. If you persevere and do them enough it will get easier to do.

Make sure you are resting your brush hand well and go extra slowly when applying your bead and pressing out. I sometimes find my wrong hand is better than my right one as I've taken much more care when doing it. :lol:
About getting the wrong hand better - yep, thats me.

To the OP, its the same way you get to Carnegie Hall, Practice, Practice, Practice (or practise, practise, practise).

With the popits, I do work a bit drier than normal and that seems to help *me*. When I started, I didn't use enough product either....don't be shy with the product, play with the quantity and the ratio. Frosted glass on the pink or clear, snowball on the white (if you are doing french).

You'll be sweet in no time :)

Nancy

Im glad Im not the only one Gilly T with tongue sticking out and in strange positions, its more like a yoga class to hold the strange positions just to do the wrong hand!!

Practice and a sense of humour work for me. x

I take be about half an hour longer to do my right hand. but like the advise above I do my right hand first and its getting better and taken less time thank god... lol xx

Thanks for the advice.
I have had to soak off 2 sets on my right hand they were soo hideous..
I have just had a successful go using dual system/popits on my right hand..
Man I love them..I just cant get that shape yet they instantly give. My free edge is too thin and a few fitting problems ..but I am thrilled with them.

yay and done while the kids were sleeping...soo much quicker a lot less stuffing around...I think im in lust :)

Latest posts

Back