Ring things!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fractured my tail bone going down a slide with my liitle girl on my knee a couple of years ago. Kids had been throwing sand on it to make them go faster! Everyone thought it was hilarious when I landed on my bum at the bottom. I was in agony for weeks with it - the only thing that helped me besides medication was a wheat bag.

Fingertips ND said:

Thank god someone knows how to spell it!

Toni Talons said:
Tilly, ignore the doctors and go to the A&E dept at hospital NOW. tell them you fell down the stairs and LAY IT ON THICK how much pain you are in. chances are you've only bruised your cocsys (don't know how to spell it but that's how you say it... its the bone at the base of the spine) but you don't want to take the risk. and its better to be safe than sorry. a friend of mine fell down the stairs and cracked a vertebrae .. and walked round with it for 3 weeks!!! and those stairs had carpet on them. get your ass down the hospital NOW! how can a doctor look at you and tell you its not broken. that's impossible. GP's know a little about everything but they are not experts or consultants. just leave your job now and go to the hospital. you may have to wait a while because its not an imminent emergency but they won't turn you away, they are not allowed.

Not 100% sure but in my experience they will do very little to nothing about this yet. I fell down the stairs 5 years ago last Christmas and went to the doctors in pain lots of times, they told me that they can not do anything about it for 3 years:Scared: as it can take this long for it to heal itself. I have since had over 2 years of treatment at the hospital and still it isn't sorted. I am going back at the beginning of march to arrange to have the coccyx removed (Oh Joy!!). I hope for your sake Chick that yours sorts itself and that you don't have years of discomfort :hug: .

go to A&E chick and get it checked out - my mate hurt his ankle playing footie and the doctors said it was just a sprain - he played football on it (in agony) for 6 weeks until he eventually went to hospital and found out it was broken.
hope u get it sorted soon xx

aww hope youre feelin ok soon but what about some wheaty bag(mitts) warmed up to ease it a bit xx

id get to A & E kirsten - and fast - you cant be too careful where your back is concerned flower.

Latest posts

Back