RIO Easy Art - Konad copy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marykate4400

Reaction score
Has anyone seen that RIO are selling a nail art stamping set called Easy Nail Art, which is a direct KONAD copy but black in color?? :twisted: Grrrr

Now I love :Love:KONAD and will stay loyal to KONAD but its special nail polishes are very expensive...so I am considering buying the RIO printing ink used for its stamping set to use with my KONAD set. They retail at £1.95 a bottle!! Bargain, huh? :Look_left

Has anyone tried the RIO stuff yet? Is it any good??

Rio 'anything' is ok for people who like to do it themselves generally.

Maybe you could buy one and let us know how it compares.

Jacqui xx

i havent used there new konad kit but i use their nail art pens and find them great. let us know how you get on tho

I have some rio paint for the stamping i have red, black and white but i can only ever seem to get the black to work properly maybe its just me!

Hi.
Hubby bought me one of the Rio Stamping kits last Christmas.
I have only just got into stamping so when I dug it out, I was very surprised to find that the 3 plates are actually genuine Konad plates.
The scraper is good as it is plastic and the stamp is just as good as my Konad one.
The polishes on the otherhand are no where near as good as the Konad ones. In fact most won't transfer.

Hi Guys,
I have never used Konad but would love to invest. Do you have to ues Konad polished with them or can you use any????

You have to use KONAD special polish - but a few high pigment normal polishes work, just trial and error really - there is a thread on here somewhere where people have listed some normal polishes that they have found works.

On the whole, only the KONAD polishes work, but they are pretty expensive...which brings me onto why I started this thread - because I found that RIO do special stamping polishes at £1.95 a bottle so maybe they're worth a try??

KONAD stamping sets are BRILLIANT fun, well worth investing in!

Hi.
Hubby bought me one of the Rio Stamping kits last Christmas.
I have only just got into stamping so when I dug it out, I was very surprised to find that the 3 plates are actually genuine Konad plates.
The scraper is good as it is plastic and the stamp is just as good as my Konad one.
The polishes on the otherhand are no where near as good as the Konad ones. In fact most won't transfer.

Really?? As I have a KONAD set aswell as extra KONAD plates. I need more colors though and was going to get some of the RIO stamping polishes as they're cheaper than the KONAD special polish...maybe I shouldn't?? Oh what the heck, I'll get the RIO ones aswell and compare them...watch this space!

we have found that advise from customers shows that the stargazer chrome range work very well with stamping x

I found that the majority of polishes work to be honest. And I absolutely hated the konad polishes. I refuse to use them! :irked: But I find china glaze stamps like a dream.x

Oh that's good news, I'll try the Stargazer Chrome range and ChinaGlaze range out asap....thanks peeps x

Ooh that's good to know I have lots of China glaze. Where's best to buy them?x:biggrin:xx

Where's best to buy the Konad stamping kit you mean? My mum got me mine from Amazon, eBay also sell them....:green:

Latest posts

Back