Rio Laser Hair removal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialbutterfly

Reaction score
Anyone used the Rio home laser hair remover??
Just wondered if it is any good?
Any good or bad reviews. Im not going to use it for a client...I just wondered if it works well enough to use on myself at home!!

Maxine xx

Anyone used the Rio home laser hair remover??
Just wondered if it is any good?
Any good or bad reviews. Im not going to use it for a client...I just wondered if it works well enough to use on myself at home!!

Maxine xx

not used it, but seriously, Rio will be the death of this industry, making everyone and his dog a DIY expert.

I'd suggest you search Rio 'anything' on here - you probably won't find one supportive post!

honestly, how on earth can anyone expect a £100 machine to do the same as a machine that would cost a pro thousands?

That's what I've heard too, Rio products in general don't seem to have a very good reputation at all when compared with proper professional products.

Also, remember that the lasers used by professionals for hair removal are going to need to be suitably powerful to be up to the job (and hence expensive) - and it's likely that consumer regulations would disallow them from being sold to the general public on account of the dangers that they could pose if not used responsibly by a professional - e.g. the risk of eye damage and blindness being a prime example.

So the chances are that this product would perform very poorly when compared with professional laser treatment, if in fact it actually did anything at all.

If you want laser hair removal you would be better going to your nearest college that does beauty treatments and spend the same amount to have a supervised trainee do it for you,
at least they will be using the correct machine and as they are supervised you are totally safe, and helping someone out who wants to get into this industry to have the amount of practise that we all need hth

don't waste one penny on any Rio product, they are rubbish and this is why ebay is littered with Rio gear

Werent they selling this product on qvc or ideal world recently ?- so got to see it being used.

As I was trained in IPL and used to perform this treatment - it did look very similar but looked like it would take forever more to do it to your legs.

But again - if you carry out this treatment you need to register with NCSS but they can sell this treatment to the general public....:eek:hmmmmmmm.

Someone is lying...be it Rio (more likely) or the NCSS.

Latest posts

Back