Rip in beauty couch - what do i do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
I have a couple of rips and tears in a beauty couch i just got (2nd hand) anyway to fix this??

Do you all have your actual couch showing or is it usually always covered up so you cant see the material of the couch anyway?

Thanks

When I go for waxing etc, the couch is normally completely covered up with a large black towel, and then has couch roll over the top of that too... so if you can get a king size towel from somewhere, that might do the job...

Depending on what treatments you are offering, just put some gaffer tape over the tears and keep the couch covered at all times with a couch cover. No-one will be any the wiser.

If you were offering anything invasive though, SPMU, electrolysis... maybe not such a good idea :hug:

thanks for your replies. am thinking of completly covering the couch then putting towels and couch roll down or plastic cover depending on treatment.

Thanks

I use towels on top of a couch cover. If you put towels straight on to the couch they tend to move about... if you put them over a couch cover they will stay put. :hug:

You could put a waterproof single bed or cot matress cover over it.Or you could try emailing this company who make couches out of a unit in hemel hempstead and they may be able to re upholster it.i know they do this for their own couches maybe they can do something for yours.You can but ask. www.marshcouch.com

If you were offering anything invasive though, SPMU, electrolysis... maybe not such a good idea :hug:

why do you say this hun? for hygiene? x

why do you say this hun? for hygiene? x

Yes, there are different bylaws depending where you live, but my local authority's rules state no towels etc on the couch, so you would literally spray the vinyl covering with the appropriate cleaner, wipe it off and cover with couch roll. So that no germs are harboured in the fabric.

Yes, there are different bylaws depending where you live, but my local authority's rules state no towels etc on the couch, so you would literally spray the vinyl covering with the appropriate cleaner, wipe it off and cover with couch roll. So that no germs are harboured in the fabric.

ohhhh ok. you can get a vinyl cover that you could put over ur towels aswell. i used to use one and spray with dettol after each client. i wonder if this would be acceptable?

There are places around that repair sofa's with like a liquid leather, they can match the colour so you would never even know it was ripped to start with....and i dont think it costs much either! I need to have my sofa done because my puppy has ripped it everywhere!!! HTH's.

Maxine x

There are places around that repair sofa's with like a liquid leather, they can match the colour so you would never even know it was ripped to start with....and i dont think it costs much either! I need to have my sofa done because my puppy has ripped it everywhere!!! HTH's.

Maxine x

we need to invent puppy mittens so they cant scratch things. lol.

we need to invent puppy mittens so they cant scratch things. lol.

Puppies have nothing on cats when it comes to inflicting collateral damage on leather sofas - especially ones that insist on jumping from the floor up the back of the sofa to the top - and clawing in deep into the leather when they are most of the way up, grr!!! And that's when you still have a year's repayments left on the blooming thing too!!!

Latest posts

Back