Rockstar nails - glitter EVERYWHERE!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LElrington

Reaction score
HI everyone,

I've just started doing rockstar nails using gelish and the FingerNail Fixer's method (V3 video).

Can you take a look at my first efforts and let me know what you think?
Be a Rockstar! « lindseylovesnailsetc

I found that the black glitter looked realy flat - does anyone else find this?

Also, I tried doing Rockstar nails on a friends finger nails and I found that the glitter got EVERYWHERE - particularly under her nails. How do you avoid this?... or keep it to a minimum?

Many thanks

Lindsey

I always put down a paper towel as I'm doing the glitter and fold it over before I start my clean up/top coat. This helps to contain it a lot.

Black is not as glittery, neither are some of the whites.

As far as glitter on the person, after you apply top coat and finish, you should be removing the sticky with alcohol (at least with shellac not sure with gelish) so just take super care with this step to remove all of the glitter from the skin. You might go thru two cotton pads on some lol HTL!

Oh and love the combos you did on the color pops!

I use an old gel brush to dip in the glitter and then dab onto the nail. After I've done all the nails I just go round them with the brush to sweep away any bits. But to be honest hardly any glitter is there though. I used to sprinkle and it was like fairyland everywhere :)
Also whatever topcoat you use make sure you don't get any glitter in it. I have a shellac top coat bottle I use just for glitter
Vicki xx

Black glitter is NOT glittery. MS does have one that is a dark grayish-silver that is very pretty.

When doing Rockstar, I have a little tray under the nails. You could even use a paper plate. I only brush the glitter on top of the nail and only use a small amount. If I need more, I go back. I never end up with glitter everywhere or under the nail.

HTH! Your rockstar nails look great! :)

Wax paper (for baking) works wonders! It slides right off the paper, right back into the glitter container. Waste not, Want not! :)

Latest posts

Back