Rockstar nails-which method do you prefer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all :) the gold ones are gelish the rest are Shellac :) ,and no crackle was used just my faithful paint brush and some craft store acrylic paint ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

Did u scrub or press the glitter on in the shellac ones? X

I use a dry flat square brush to pick the dry glitter up I then use the edge of the rush to place it where I want it in the inhibition layer I apply all glitter colors lightly with no pushing or brushing to all 10 nails then I clean excess off brush and feather / smooth the glitter lightly to get rid of excess if using strands or chunky glitter I press lightly to to make it all flat.

Www.lilmissbuffit.com

I too use the sprinkle into wet gel method. But I use my cuticle pushy like a little scoop and just tap it gently to sprinkle. Much more controlled and much less mess and wasted glitter. Not sure if it was on here where I read it or somewhere else but it worked really well. C x

That's a great idea!!
Vicki xx

The peice of paper under neath glitter toes is a good idea for reducing mess, I have started to use a stencil brush that has an entirely flat botom to do the glitter application. Check this link to see what I mean, though my brush is much slimmer than the ones show in the link here

Add and cure your layer of soak off gel. Pat the flat bottomed part of the brush into the glitter that you are using and it will pick it up. Apply it directly to the sticky layer - then just scrub for mirror shine, pat for textured glitter.

Off and away with the rest of what you need to do and and there is certainly less mess than sprinkling!

Hope this helps :)

I have to say, when I did mine yesterday a piece of paper never crossed my mind!

I am yet to try the glitter on my own fingers, I think that could get messy! Lol.

It's good to hear everyones fav ways :) does anyone have any other ways noone else knows or any ways people have adapted?

ok, I keep reading about scrubbing the glitter on for the mirror shine effect, are you literally scrubbing backwards and forwards with a brush?

I know, I'm probably being dim, but I love those pink/blue ones of mizzy dizzys :D I'm trying to find a way to mix maybe 3 colours without it being too noticable

ok, I keep reading about scrubbing the glitter on for the mirror shine effect, are you literally scrubbing backwards and forwards with a brush?

I know, I'm probably being dim, but I love those pink/blue ones of mizzy dizzys :D I'm trying to find a way to mix maybe 3 colours without it being too noticable
scratch that lol, just watched hollys v3 video, awesome :D

Hello enveryone, I use the brush and just dab where I want the glitter to go and then when complete lightly dust off with a fan brush, I generally use shellac but do encase in gel and for younger lovers I use nail polish (ease of removal for mum) but with the polish I have to push and roll the glitter into place using a clear polish and brush (kept just for this purpose) but quick on small nails.

Hey guys, im doing a toe enchancement workshop with youngnails soon which includes twinkle toes, hollywood toes, ManiQ rockstar and Blixz.
Is twinkle toes wot you are talking about?
Sorry 2 seem simple but jst finished my Level 2 in nail services which included fiberglass/silk wraps so jst getting 2 grips with everything thats out there!
Also can some1 post a link to hollys v2 vidoe as I cant find it ne where :confused:

Thanks x

Hi Krinzia

Yes, Rockstar toes are aka Twinkle Toes.

I personally use Holly's v3, less chance of chipping I've found.

Basically it's

1) Pep
2) base coat, CURE
3) 1 Coat of colour, CURE
4) Press glitter into sticky layer with a brush and then brush off excess glitter (I use NSI's plush brush for this). Also with your fingers make sure you press the glitter again to make sure there aren't any rough edges of glitter, CURE
5) Apply 1 or 2 coats of Top Coat, CURE

If you can feel any rough bits after first coat of top coat, gently file and then add a 2nd coat of top coat.

HTH's

Hi Krinzia

Yes, Rockstar toes are aka Twinkle Toes.

I personally use Holly's v3, less chance of chipping I've found.

Basically it's

1) Pep
2) base coat, CURE
3) 1 Coat of colour, CURE
4) Press glitter into sticky layer with a brush and then brush off excess glitter (I use NSI's plush brush for this). Also with your fingers make sure you press the glitter again to make sure there aren't any rough edges of glitter, CURE
5) Apply 1 or 2 coats of Top Coat, CURE

If you can feel any rough bits after first coat of top coat, gently file and then add a 2nd coat of top coat.

HTH's
Can I ask a quick question about this please, just how wet/dry do you keep your brush when applying the glitter. I used my 7yr old as a guinea pig yesterday and granted, her nails are tiny but glitter placement was a nightmare. It just went all over the nail. I was trying for 3 colours but they ended up more or less mixed.

I know Holly says don't let your brush be too wet but I think I went too dry and the brush got very clogged.

Can I ask a quick question about this please, just how wet/dry do you keep your brush when applying the glitter. I used my 7yr old as a guinea pig yesterday and granted, her nails are tiny but glitter placement was a nightmare. It just went all over the nail. I was trying for 3 colours but they ended up more or less mixed.

I know Holly says don't let your brush be too wet but I think I went too dry and the brush got very clogged.

I just dip the brush into the IA or what ever you are using and then gently wipe the brush on a piece of clean couch roll. It stays damp enough for me to pick up the glitter I want. If I need more glitter, I repeat it again :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

To be honest I use a just dipped my brush (which is a short but firm make up brush) straight into the glitter and press firmly into the sticky layer, the brush is also dry, which has worked for me) But have also used a separate gel brush in the past which has been wiped in alcohol and wiped dry. I forgot my gel brush hence using a make up brush the other day and there haven't been any problems. :) x

Thanks for that :D

I used a flat gel brush yesterday but think I'm going to use the oval that came with my old NSI gel kit, might give me a bit more control.

I'm going for a purple, lilac with a bit of peachy orange fade and trying to get it to look like foil. I know, sounds hidious but its for a new top I've bought ;)

will post piccies if it works out :wink2:

Thanks for that :D

I used a flat gel brush yesterday but think I'm going to use the oval that came with my old NSI gel kit, might give me a bit more control.

I'm going for a purple, lilac with a bit of peachy orange fade and trying to get it to look like foil. I know, sounds hidious but its for a new top I've bought ;)

will post piccies if it works out :wink2:

Ooh yes, please do share :) xx

RockStar gels are easy peasy, I do a bazillion.

Lay down your clear gel base, whatever it is, fully cure.

Lay down another layer of clear gel, sprinkle, have a book underneath to catch the excess. Pat their feet/hands, fully cure.

Use a nail brush (harder bristles) brush off excess. This will get ALL the excess glitter off, as well as any chunky extras. The glitter on the nail stays put because it's cured.

Lay down another layer of clear gel, fully cure, repeat.

File and buff to smooth it out, personally hate texture for this.

Cap it in UV Top coat and wipe off your dispersion.

Voila! RockStar nails, perfect every time :p

Ooh yes, please do share :) xx

Posted a piccie in 'shellac lovers' group. I love the colours, matches my top perfectly, but didn't blend the lines very well. Some glitter was easier to 'scrub' in than others, making a better foil effect.

I've ordered some more cosmetic glitter, its a lot finer.

Latest posts

Back