Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first attempt after completing my Shellac training today!

Love these! The glitters u have used r lush, where did u get them from? I'm defo gonna have to give this a go, I use gelish, can I do this with it? (I've just started using gelish?) xVx

My most recent rockstar nails... on myself. Wanted to try the green/turquoise color cause I wasn't sure if I'd like it.

The picture really doesn't give them justice though...

Attachments

• Ottawa-20120122-00017.jpg
    Ottawa-20120122-00017.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 1,448
Rockstar tips with silver holographic glitter. I hope this photo works but as normally it doesnt do the glitter justice. :)

Attachments

• P1010271.jpg
    P1010271.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 637
Love these! The glitters u have used r lush, where did u get them from? I'm defo gonna have to give this a go, I use gelish, can I do this with it? (I've just started using gelish?) xVx

Yes you can do it with Gelish, i do it all the time, it's exactly the same procedure as for Shelac. I did some on my toes last year and they lasted about 15 weeks and that is because i had to get it off because of regrowth lol x

Yes you can do it with Gelish, i do it all the time, it's exactly the same procedure as for Shelac. I did some on my toes last year and they lasted about 15 weeks and that is because i had to get it off because of regrowth lol x

Ooh brilliant thankyou xVx

Rockstar tips with silver holographic glitter. I hope this photo works but as normally it doesnt do the glitter justice. :)

I love um!!!!

I did my friends nails

Attachments

• 20120124_213522.jpg
    20120124_213522.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 622
Some of my Gelish Rockstar nails combos!

Hi - These are my version of Rock Star Nails which I did for Christmas this year. I used Biosculpture Gel - sculpting gel on base then before curing sprinkled glitter over the whole nail and cured then sealed with S Gel. It lasted for weeks and weeks and my clients love it - I bought some cheap glitter in small pots in all different colours from a bargain shop and it works fantastically well. Hope you like!

Attachments

• Rock Star Nails (Small).jpg
    Rock Star Nails (Small).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,020
Purple toes are done with L&P
Orange fingernails are done with Shellac & Martha Stewart glitter

:D

Attachments

• IMAG0487.jpg
    IMAG0487.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 431
  • sue horton.jpg
    sue horton.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 482
Hi how do you stop the glitter getting on rest of nail when you just want glitter tips ?? I tried doing it but found when I put top coat on it picked up pieces of glitter :) use gelish

When i scrub my glitter in i then get a clean brush and lightly brush off any loose glitter and then apply glitter this minimises glitter across the rest of the nail but i always find i get some across rest of nail but not much i just find its part of look!
Sorry not much help x

Do colour coat then wipe tacky layer as if u have finished then apply a coat of colour to tips, add glitter and cure. Top coat just on tips then cure and wipe then topcoat whole nail. X

how would i do a rockstar french? do i wipe the tacky layer and only leave the french part tacky? then brush on glitter?

Can I ask regarding Shellac Rockstar, are most of you using a clearish colour coat eg: negligee then the glitter or are you using a colour as near to the colour of the glitter?

What difference would the results be?

how would i do a rockstar french? do i wipe the tacky layer and only leave the french part tacky? then brush on glitter?

I tend to wipe the sticky layer of the 'pink' colour then I do my French, cure, then put glitter into the sticky layer of the French then thin top coat just over the French bit, cure wipe all over with d.sperse get rid of any stray bits of glitter and then top coat as normal all over the whole nail :) xx

My rockstars!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328909654.339961.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1328909654.339961.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 546
hi, has anyone tried black rockstar? if so, would they mind sharing a pic please?

Fedora and brown glitter. X x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331024768.738398.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331024768.738398.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 448

Latest posts

Back