Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried a charcoal one yesterday not completely black though I have the black glitter to try it but haven't got round to it.

This is the charcoal one :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331024804.210370.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331024804.210370.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 559
hi, has anyone tried black rockstar? if so, would they mind sharing a pic please?

I find black glitter doesn't sparkle. Try adding another colour to it I add brown.

These ones are asphalt with dark grey/charcoal glitter x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331025143.959027.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331025143.959027.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 541
I find black glitter doesn't sparkle. Try adding another colour to it I add brown.

These ones are asphalt with dark grey/charcoal glitter x

These look gorgeous!! Which method of application do you follow for rockstar? X

Black glitter by itself dull.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

so if i were to mix black and maybe a dark purple? would that give it more depth/sparkle?
new to Shellac and Rockstar....
Bit disappointed thatblack doesn't give the desired effect as I really need black rockstar to complete my outfit :Love:

I had this issue as I have a client that wants black for a special occasion. If you type black holographic glitter there are links to purchase glitter that are tried and tested.
Sorry I don't know how to link a thread!

Love this thread so much I have had to get into rockstar myself...glitter arrived today and these are my first rockstar toes...will be easier to reach my clients toes than mine though lol!

I used 1 coat Artistic colour Gloss Avante Garde (torquoise) then some Royal blue glitter at cuticle fading up into torquoise glitter with a little sprinkle of silver too ! Totally love the Young Nial angled brush to apply the glitter, hardly any mess or wastage!
I am on a mission now to Rockstar everyones toes !

Attachments

• sparkly toes.jpg
    sparkly toes.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 503
Love this thread so much I have had to get into rockstar myself...glitter arrived today and these are my first rockstar toes...will be easier to reach my clients toes than mine though lol!

I used 1 coat Artistic colour Gloss Avante Garde (torquoise) then some Royal blue glitter at cuticle fading up into torquoise glitter with a little sprinkle of silver too ! Totally love the Young Nial angled brush to apply the glitter, hardly any mess or wastage!
I am on a mission now to Rockstar everyones toes !

Beautiful Izzi! X

hi, has anyone tried black rockstar? if so, would they mind sharing a pic please?

This is S2 black holographic glitter over Shellac Blackpool. Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331411927.105843.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331411927.105843.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 1,755
I have tried a charcoal one yesterday not completely black though I have the black glitter to try it but haven't got round to it.

This is the charcoal one :)

Ooh that's lovely. Where did you buy that? Xx

I mixed silver rock star with Cnd warm pink powder and this is what I got!!!! XxxoImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332799496.264847.jpg

Hotski to tchotchke shellac, lime glitter and fimo nail art :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332799910.075534.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1332799910.075534.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 539
I've only used the glitters with acrylic, if using with shellac or gel do u just sprinkle it on before curing or what do u do? I'm sooo excited all of your nails look beautiful I dreamt all night about experimenting but am unsure of how to do it? Xxxx

I always use a similiar colour to the glitter I'm applying. Base-cure,one coat colour-cure, apply glitter with a brush and really push into nail and brush excess off, top coat-cure then to make sure nails are completely smooth I topcoat again x

Hi I'm looking for a silver glitter I have a couple but want something really sparkly can anyone recommend one ? Xxx

Hi I'm looking for a silver glitter I have a couple but want something really sparkly can anyone recommend one ? Xxx

I love the glitters from Glitter Perfect, I have a few pictures in my albulms using this glitter. The silver holographic one is so lovely although they do a silver one as well. I also use martha stewart glitters that are lovely.

Here is a picture of my rockstar fingers and toes

incase you cant see the picture, sorry i dont know how to upload photos, if anyone can help me with that I would appreciate it.

Welcome to Facebook

Some fingers as well :) xx

Hi Sarah your rockstar look so sparkly so wondered if you can help me. When i apply using sprinking effect, they don't last very long but do llok sparkly. They seem to last longer when i apply the glitter with a dry brush into a cured first layer of colour. after the glitter i then apply 2 coats of topcaoat curing each one, but they don't look nearly as sparkly but i'm looking for longer lasting rockstar. Any tips? the glitter looks smoother and matter with the brush effct but i want blingy not a foiled look. Thanks xxx

I sprinkle I like the look x

Hi there, can i just ask, does the sprinkle look instead of the brushed on glitte,r look more bling? mine go quite foil like when i brush the glitter on but i get a smoother finish. Catch 22!! also could that be because my glitter is too fine? its like dust its that fine? Gonna try shellacs glitter and martha stewarts too. how long do you get out of a rockstar hands using the sprinkle effect? Thanks in advance xx

My first shellac'd rockstar toe.. Ignore the bunched up toe look, I was trying to get the Ching of sunshine lol.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335736171.787454.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335736171.787454.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 434
These look gorgeous!! Which method of application do you follow for rockstar? X

Sorry have only just seen this,I base,colour then cure then just sprinkle on the glitter with the fat end of a pusher. Brush of lightly with a nail art fan brush cleaning up around the nail then top coat x 2.

I don't scrub in the glitter as I find this ends up with a foil effect and not glittery x

Latest posts

Back