Room for another??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bracky

Reaction score
I've been lurking for a while now (how rude) and I thought it was about time I said hello
wave.gif

Okay, a bit of background. I've been wanting to get into the beauty therapy industry for years. I'd looked into various courses etc but due to financial commitments blah blah I can't afford to quit the 9-5 to retrain. I did get myself a place at Mary Reid Beauty School (evenings and weekends course) but that fell through due to finance.

So, I've decided to go down another route. Having blatantly pinched loads of advice and info from these boards I've decided that I'd like to be a mobile therapist, but only offering nail extensions, waxing and spray tan. I'd like to to train to do nail extensions with Creative Nails and spray tanning with Tantrick, and I'm still unsure about the waxing route. My question is with regards to the spray tan and the waxing. Do I need to be a qualified beauty therapist before I can get training on these? I've looked into Hive Training and they seem to offer a complete beginners waxing course but I'm not sure if they mean absolute beginners.
Sorry - I've rambled on a bit - will try to keep it shorter in future
spank.gif

Thanks in advance

Bx

hi ya, hey i love the smilies !

Welcome to the best site none to humans huni.you will luv it here....p.s. love that smiley :lol: xx

Hi there,
No you don't need to be a trained Beauty Therapist. I also worked 9-5 and couldn't do a full time Beauty Therapy course so did all mine individually from manicure to waxing to holistic therapies. The only thing I haven't yet been able to find a part time course on is facials. But hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.
Claire x

Hi there,
No you don't need to be a trained Beauty Therapist. I also worked 9-5 and couldn't do a full time Beauty Therapy course so did all mine individually from manicure to waxing to holistic therapies. The only thing I haven't yet been able to find a part time course on is facials. But hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.
Claire x

6thanx.gif
This is exactly what I plan to do eventually.

I do nails, spray tan and waxing and i have never been to collage!!!!!

I just done them all private!

I used to use hive wax - but i use Clean & Easy now. Its much better to manage for mobile. I use the roll-on system and i store it in a aluminum brief case. Its ideal for humping in and out the car. When i want to use it, i just open the brief case, lean it against the wall and plug it in, don't even have to take it out!

xx

I do nails, spray tan and waxing and i have never been to collage!!!!!

I just done them all private!

I used to use hive wax - but i use Clean & Easy now. Its much better to manage for mobile. I use the roll-on system and i store it in a aluminum brief case. Its ideal for humping in and out the car. When i want to use it, i just open the brief case, lean it against the wall and plug it in, don't even have to take it out!

xx

Cool, thanks :green: Do you mind me asking how busy you are doing these three treatments? Tell me to bugger off if that's too nosy - I'm just trying to test the water.

At the min... only about 2-3 appointments a day (all after 3pm ish)! But thats because i started in a salon in Jan so i let loads of my clients slip... i am now not workin in the salon (for unforeseen circumstances) so i am tryin to build my clients back up.

I am adding Lash Extensions to my treatment menu and lash and brow tint.

But i know some girls that just do nails and they are chocka block all day!!!

Latest posts

Back