Rubbish effort - AGAIN!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It isn't the tech that needs primer it's the product - and just because a tech uses a primer system doesn't mean they're not a good tech.

EzFlow needs primer, so does NSI, Salon Systems, Young Nails needs protein bond, Nfu Oh uses a bonder..... There are great techs using these products.

I am CND user as you know and I will defend my choice of product to anyone, but please make sure you are giving facts in an un-biased way. In this thread you are wrong.

I never said it makes you a bad tech??? Nor did I mean YOU litrally obviously .

It says to use primer with radical yet I don't , I was only saying it shouldn't matter if you have prepped well and your confident in your technique.
I think this is the point though - not only 'should' it matter, it DOES matter regardless of prep/technique.

It isn't the tech that needs primer it's the product - and just because a tech uses a primer system doesn't mean they're not a good tech.

EzFlow needs primer, so does NSI, Salon Systems, Young Nails needs protein bond, Nfu Oh uses a bonder..... There are great techs using these products.

I am CND user as you know and I will defend my choice of product to anyone, but please make sure you are giving facts in an un-biased way. In this thread you are wrong.

I think this is the point though - not only 'should' it matter, it DOES matter regardless of prep/technique.

Emily I meant it shouldn't matter too much that she missed one hand,,not every time.

Yes fine I'm wrong I never said don't ever use primer did I?? I was saying don't stress,, primer will not prevent lift if ur prep is not as good as it should be or if your technique is again not sound (pressing in z3) primer is not like a magic wand , it takes a systematic approach not just one thing.

It says to use primer with radical yet I don't , I was only saying it shouldn't matter if you have prepped well and your confident in your technique.

no, but maybe you need to listen to what as been asked x as my first post on this thread but not EVERYONE on this board uses the same products as you xx i know the OP on this thread and she is new to the industry, with lots of passion and a wanting to be a great nail tech (not just good) but this will take time ...... it was me who told emily to join sg !! a place for learning and sharing xx great info and support while on the road with education xxx hey she'll soon be using a system that doesn't require a primer !!!!! wow she be a real tech then i guess:rolleyes:

no, but maybe you need to listen to what as been asked x as my first post on this thread but not EVERYONE on this board uses the same products as you xx i know the OP on this thread and she is new to the industry, with lots of passion and a wanting to be a great nail tech (not just good) but this will take time ...... it was me who told emily to join sg !! a place for learning and sharing xx great info and support while on the road with education xxx hey she'll soon be using a system that doesn't require a primer !!!!! wow she be a real tech then i guess:rolleyes:

I'm sorry why the sarcasm?? I did not once say your not a real tech if you use primer ,, or your prep is crap as one poster said,, this has been taken completly the wrong way.

My message above was to emily s not the OP I did not know her name was emily also.

Emily (op) sorry hunnie I hope I did not offend you if I did my apologise, all I was trying to say was it shouldn't matter to much we gave all been there and if you are worried just get your client back and have a little look and see how her nails are. I was not saying your bad etc,, :( please forgive me if I came across that way to you.

Last edited:
I'm sorry why the sarcasm?? I did not once say your not a real tech if you use primer ,, or your prep is crap as one poster said,, this has been taken completly the wrong way.

My message above was to emily s not the OP I did not know her name was emily also.

Emily (op) sorry hunnie I hope I did not offend you if I did my apologise, all I was trying to say was it shouldn't matter to much we gave all been there and if you are worried just get your client back and have a little look and see how her nails are. I was not saying your bad etc,, :( please forgive me if I came across that way to you.

I am really sorry Katie but in a lot of your posts and your replies you come across as either really condescending or incorrect in your information that you give out, I know you are now a master L&P tech but you have only really been in the industry for a relatively short time.
There will be times that you come across things that not even you know the answer to, god knows I am still learning after all these years in the industry.

Maybe that is the reason for the sarcasm.

Have a look at the thread I posted in chit chat about "Remembering where you came from". Too many newbies are being put off of geek or upset by others because some of the replies that they have been given has made them feel inferior or stupid. That isnt what geek is suposed to be about.
Salon geek is here to help people better themselves and their careers, education is all about sharing and a little knowledge in the real world goes a long way, not just spouting information from your books or manuals, we can all do that, but they dont tell you everything.
You originally trained with CND so dont know the ins and outs of other nail systems
They dont teach you to read or listen to what has been said.
Maybe before you jump in and post replies gather the facts first and think about what you are writing, the written word often gets misconstrued as we need facial expressions and tones of voice to see what people mean, you cant make that come across in the written word.
Im not saying any of this to be argumentative or to get at you personally others may also garner valuable information from this reply.
Please dont be offended its just how I feel and how I know a few others geeks are feeling about things that have been going on here in the threads lately.
:hug::hug:
Jen xxxx

Last edited:
Jen thankyou for that. I do not agree with everything you said, however I'm not going into it as I feel I would again be misinterpreted.

I am truley sorry if I offend and am deeply frustrated at how I come across. I agree with what you said, however I can't seem to change how I come, I do not mean to sound rude or condescending I'm just a shoot from the hip kinda girl, say it like it is iygwim,, and as I am doing now I am willing to put my hand up when I am wrong and I will listen to you geeks and try a bit harder to be nice. I

know in my head what I mean to say bit it does not come across this way. As a result I have stopped replying lately as I feel my posts will not be taken in the wAy I meant it,, I think I should reflect a little.

I am sorry I really am not meaning to be rude, :( sorry guys,,, feel like crying now .

Xxx

Last edited:
Jen thankyou for that. I do not agree with everything you said, however I'm not going into it as I feel I would again be misinterpreted.

I am truley sorry if I offend and am deeply frustrated at how I come across. I agree with what you said, however I can't seem to change how I come, I do not mean to sound rude or condescending I'm just a shoot from the hip kinda girl, say it like it is iygwim,, and as I am doing now I am willing to put my hand up when I am wrong and I will listen to you geeks and try a bit harder to be nice.

I

know in my head what I mean to say bit it does not come across this way. As a result I have stopped replying lately as I feel my posts will not be taken in the wAy I meant it,, I think I should reflect a little.

I am sorry I really am not meaning to be rude, :( sorry guys,,, feel like crying now .

Xxx
Thanks Katie, for not taking offence and for acknowledging.:hug:
It takes a bigger person to do that.
Jen xxx

wow i cannot believe how offensive some people are on here. poor katie. I will be suprised if she dont want to use this website again after all these posts.

yes i agree, that maybe she gave slightly wrong information, but give her a break. she apologised and so that should be the end of it. we are meant to be a community on here and all i ever see now is people getting into arguements. its very rare that i will post a comment on somebodies question on here unless i know that i am absolutly 100% correct in what i am saying, for the very reason that somebody always pipes up and says im wrong. yes i have only just passed my course and obviously do not know everything, but i am very passionate in what i do and i only want to help other people with what info i know or have been told. everybody has different views on these things.

yes maybe katiebaby hasnt been in the industry that long but SO WHAT?! she is a master technicion and that says a lot. they don;t just hand that out to everybody. she has worked very hard to get to where she is and is obviously a very good tech, regardless of how long she has been doing it. dont put her down for not been in the industry long!

I am sorry for not butting into this thread and going off course a little bit, but this thread has made me want to rant a bit.

much love xxxxx

OK I think Katie has been flogged enough! Before we all get out the tar and feathers can we get back to the original question!

Evening all, I did a set of L&P enhancements for a client on Wednesday and they were full of air bubbles. As a result I declined payment and returned today to remove them and do a new set. It all went well until - I forgot to use primer on one hand! I only remembered as I was three fingers in so I had no option but to continue.
What will the consequences be? What can I expect to happen? I feel such a pillock, clearly a novice, and a nervous one at that! :eek:
I am getting really fed up of all these 'learning curves' but I need to keep going to gain experience.
I look forward to hearing from you xxx
What will the consequences be? As you did a soak off and a prep twice in two days, I would say that the nails would be thoroughly dehydrated and there probably will be no consequences. :green:

I remember forgetting to use primer on one hand once (back in the days when i used primer with my system) and I worried about getting a 'phone call' for a whole three weeks to say the nails had lifted, but when the client returned they were all just fine :eek: good news is that once you have forgotten to use it once, you never do that again. :hug:

I have to be very careful now to remember to use a 'bonder' these days when I use Brisa gels because I am so unused to using anything before application.
I have forgotten to use it and still had no problems but I'm certainly not saying you should do that! Use what goes with your system but don't panic if you forget, it doesn't make you a bad tech, just a human one. :hug:

To the poster that said, all she sees is arguing, I say rubbish. I am on this site more than anyone and I read thousands of posts and it is a very small percentage that end up with arguments. I'd say for a community the size of this one we have a pretty darned good record.

Pointing out when information is incorrect is not arguing, and as this site is for teaching it is kind of important that wrong information is corrected when it appears in the main forum.

What will the consequences be? As you did a soak off and a prep twice in two days, I would say that the nails would be thoroughly dehydrated and there probably will be no consequences. :green:

I remember forgetting to use primer on one hand once (back in the days when i used primer with my system) and I worried about getting a 'phone call' for a whole three weeks to say the nails had lifted, but when the client returned they were all just fine :eek: good news is that once you have forgotten to use it once, you never do that again. :hug:

I have to be very careful now to remember to use a 'bonder' these days when I use Brisa gels because I am so unused to using anything before application.
I have forgotten to use it and still had no problems but I'm certainly not saying you should do that! Use what goes with your system but don't panic if you forget, it doesn't make you a bad tech, just a human one. :hug:

To the poster that said, all she sees is arguing, I say rubbish. I am on this site more than anyone and I read thousands of posts and it is a very small percentage that end up with arguments. I'd say for a community the size of this one we have a pretty darned good record.

Pointing out when information is incorrect is not arguing, and as this site is for teaching it is kind of important that wrong information is corrected when it appears in the main forum.

Thank you Gigi, you're right, I don't think I'll ever forget to use it again - I go to sleep systematically working through my products in my head! I'm doing another set tonight so fingers crossed. I am struggling with my mix ratio though, my beads are too wet and often too large or too small when I apply them to the nail. Can you offer any advice?
Kind regards,
Emily x

Thank you Gigi, you're right, I don't think I'll ever forget to use it again - I go to sleep systematically working through my products in my head! I'm doing another set tonight so fingers crossed. I am struggling with my mix ratio though, my beads are too wet and often too large or too small when I apply them to the nail. Can you offer any advice?
Kind regards,
Emily x

There's no such thing as too small a bead ... If it's too small you just use it and then make another bead. You don't have to do every nail in three beads!

Too large a bead can pose problems so if you see that it is too large, then scoop a little off with your brush before you start tp press out the product.

Mix ratio is about doing the same thing every time. Getting the right mix is really about really 'feeling' how much liquid is in your brush and picking up the appropriate amount of powder. There is a good chapter on it in my book that I think makes it quite clear what you should be looking for. It may be here on the site in the tutorials section ... Can't remember! It can take a little time for one to 'get it' with mix ratio; you should be able to literally see when it looks right, and feel when it is right. With my brand, the mix should look like wet sugar or wet snow if that makes any sense ... Works for me though.

There's no such thing as too small a bead ... If it's too small you just use it and then make another bead. You don't have to do every nail in three beads!

Too large a bead can pose problems so if you see that it is too large, then scoop a little off with your brush before you start tp press out the product.

Mix ratio is about doing the same thing every time. Getting the right mix is really about really 'feeling' how much liquid is in your brush and picking up the appropriate amount of powder. There is a good chapter on it in my book that I think makes it quite clear what you should be looking for. It may be here on the site in the tutorials section ... Can't remember! It can take a little time for one to 'get it' with mix ratio; you should be able to literally see when it looks right, and feel when it is right. With my brand, the mix should look like wet sugar or wet snow if that makes any sense ... Works for me though.

Ok, thank you for that. I have one child in bed, one watching a dvd so I can practice for tonight! (before the school run for number 3 anyway!). I bought your book last week so I shall refer to that whilst I practice.
Thanks again x

Latest posts

Back