Rubbish interview feedback? what do you think?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharlz

Reaction score
Hi peeps, well 2 day i had a major blow to my confidence, can you all tell me your thoughts on this...

Well i went for a job interview a month ago and unfortunately was unsuccessful, the lady said that my cv was great but another candidate had more experience. i was then contacted by the agency to say that another position had come up in the same company for an IPL laser therapist, so i had the interview on tuesday gone (which i thought went great btw- although she did go on to say that the real reason i didn't get the first job was that i was too young as it involved me selling botox/ dermal filler treatments, but surely she would have noticed my age on my cv- im 24 btw), the guy from the agency foned me today to tell me that basically the feedback was negative..... He said, the lady said i wore jeans and looked scruffy, was 15 mins late and didn't apologise, and had a personality problem and that our personalities just didn't click. I was f*****g gobsmacked as all of this is totally untrue. I couldn't believe it!!!!! I can honestly say that i dont know where any of this came from!!!!!
She seemed sooo nice, and she gave me the impression that the job was mine.

Sorry for the essay but i'm still gobsmacked now!!!! My family have laughed it off but i feel that this is a personal attack and not a crititcism of my skills, its not constructive at all. She said she liked my cv, but didnt like me personally.
What do you guys think??? Sorry for the essay. x

Do you think she may have you mixed up with someone else hun?

well thats what i think! The guy from the agency did say that he will call her to go through the points that she raised and to double check wether she has the right person or not. But i will have to wait til monday to see what he says.

I feel so bad for you, I would feel horrible if someone had done that to me too. The fact is, if the lady who interviewed you was professional herself and had done alot of interviewing the comments she made should have been constructive rather than personal.
Although if you did wear jeans to the interview I would always suggest to dress for the top job you want not the job you are applying for :)
I also think that perhaps she mixed you up with someone else OR the other thing that came to my mind was that if a company does hire from a recruitment agent then the agent gets paid a commission so often companies will hire and agent AND place ads elsewhere to see if they can hire someone on their own because it costs them less. Maybe they just didn't want to have to pay for the recruitment agent doing the hiring?
Try not to take it personally (I know easier said) - but for that lady to be so vindictive shows more about herself than you - just use it as a learning experience and know in your mind that you are always professional and will always it your best.
I hope things go well, do let us know how you get on - hugs for you!!:hug:

I am thinking the same maybe she got you mixed up with somebody else.

I understand how you feel and must be devastated.

Did you wear jeans to the interview? - how do you feel your appearance was/came across?

I understand how you feel and must be devastated.

Did you wear jeans to the interview? - how do you feel your appearance was/came across?

I think if you wore jeans, it would have given a very bad first impression.

If you find that the criticisms are justified, take them on the chin and learn from them.

Fingers crossed you get a great job soon x

Did you wear jeans to the interview?
Just what I was thinking. Not being picky but first impressions are very important. Smart slacks and blouse are acceptable but not jeans imo, no matter how posh.

Did you wear jeans?

My first thought after reading your post was that she may have you mixed up with someone else, and after reading others' replies I guess it may be a possibility. So I'd just sit tight and wait until you hear from the agency on Monday

If there was no mix up then I'd take into consideration the interviewers comments and the points raised in the thread and build upon in for next time - you'll soon find that perfect job!

xxx

Similar thing happened to me at an interview for a recruitment consultant, I had every thing they were looking for and could have done the job with my eyes shut.

I rang up for feedback and was told that they were not interested as I had turned up with love bites all over my neck!!! WTF?? I never had a love bite in my life!

I proper kicked off until I got to the bottom of it which was they would have had to pay me more than another person they interviewed or should we say the £3000 agancy fees!

Its just a bad experience and you will just have to shrug it off.

kate x

I read something in one book long ago, it goes something like this:

"Men are cursed. They are always sorry for not taking some roads, and God knows what would have they run into if they did take that roads!"

This is not an excuse for doing things without thinking.
BUT whatever you did, you did in your best intention. So don't feel sorry or bad for yourself.
If it went bad, then so what. If you made a mistake, you learn from it and don't do it again. Maybe you would have more problems if you did get that job, or not. Who can tell for sure? But that is not your one and only in a lifetime chance. There'll be plenty more.

Anyway, no use now in blaming yourself or going backward killing yourself over it.

Something even more better will come your way :hug:

I read something in one book long ago, it goes something like this:

"Men are cursed. They are always sorry for not taking some roads, and God knows what would have they run into if they did take that roads!"

This is not an excuse for doing things without thinking.
BUT whatever you did, you did in your best intention. So don't feel sorry or bad for yourself.
If it went bad, then so what. If you made a mistake, you learn from it and don't do it again. Maybe you would have more problems if you did get that job, or not. Who can tell for sure? But that is not your one and only in a lifetime chance. There'll be plenty more.

Anyway, no use now in blaming yourself or going backward killing yourself over it.

Something even more better will come your way :hug:

Excellently said! xx

It sounds to me as if you have been mixed up with someone else.
I would contact the agency & just clarify with them.
(I wouldn't personally bother with this salon again)
But I would clear up the misunderstanding with the agency as you will want them to be putting you forward for jobs.
(Sometimes if they have bad feedback they are less keen to put your CV forward/book you interviews in future as it also looks bad on the agency)

Also I would add a passport size photo of yourself to the top of your CV (wearing your uniform with natural make-up & neat hair)
that way there is no way your CV can be mistaken with someone elses again.
Also this looks very professional & will make your CV stand out & memorable.

Hope this helps

Carla

Latest posts

Back