Rude people!! Grrrr....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I know, I'm not going to let them get to me. As many of you have said, loads of people do try it on. Well they can try!!! :lol:

I know that Nailzoo was probably trying to make it a positive thing but it really didn't seem to come across that way the way some of it was worded. I'm sure nobody is on here for anything other than help & advice, to give and receive, I just didn't like the way it was put that things are 'shoved down our necks'.

Anyway, the postive ones of you that have replied, I thank you very much for upping my confidence and just reinforcing what I already knew, which is that I AM worth what I charge!!!

I think maybe Nailzoo was trying to give a positive spin on it...like saying, instead of thinking of it in that way...maybe try thinking of it in another way.

so instead of being upset and angry....humour and even educate them with a reply....(although as you say you cannot) HTH x

I agree with Bagpuss, I too think Nailzoo was trying to be positive. I had to have a look at your website to see what you ment be do having her email address (i just assumed you received an email from this person and had to reread your post). A good idea might be to ask your webdesigner to include a compulsory email and telephone field on your enquiry as without these details you cannot be proactive with potential customers.

Regards jo

Kelly try not to let it worry you hun :hug:

In every walk of life there are horrible people who are ready to drag you down because of their own inadequences.

Over the years, I have come across lots of people who are just plain nasty and revel in knocking peoples confidence. It makes them feel better as the feel that they have done something powerful.

The unfortunate thing about those type of people, is that you will never ever be able to make them change their mind about what they think is right OR make them like you.

So, take a deep breath and look at all the positive things you have done and all the praise you have received and think "up yours" to this person.

The hurt you are feeeling is the unjustness of it all and it is making you ask "why me?" Well other geeks have already said why that could be and I tend to agree with them.

Look on it as another reason as to why you will be/are the best - at least then this person will have egg on their face as you will have proved them wrong :hug:

mega hugs and snuggs to you xxx

Thanks Jo & Debbie,

Jo, I'm going to take your advice and sort out something on the website and hopefully this type of message will be a thing of the past. :)

I honestly think the two things that have annoyed me is not what they have said but a) they've not given me the chance to answer their question and b) they've not had the guts to say who they are.

Oh well, never mind, I feel a lot better thanks to everyone!!! You're all wonderful!! :hug::hug::hug:

Nailzoo, maybe it was taken the wrong way and I apologise if it wasn't meant that way.

:eek:Wow, your website is truly inspirational!!

If I wanted my nails doing (if I wasn't so tight and did them myself) you are the type of person I would be calling. I think your prices are normal, I would rather pay a little extra for a good quality service, after all, BUY CHEAP BUY TWICE!

There is a salon in my area that charges £50 a full set with another salon just up the road from them charging £20, yet they are still very busy. It just goes to show that there are clients out there that want quality. So don't put your prices down and lets hope others follow and we can all get back to earning what we should be!!:!:

Hi Kelly

I forgot to say your website looks really good. If you are speaking to your web person ask them about data capture for customer details and the ability to send a bulk news letter from the site.
Also it is odd the way the person who complained didn't mention how cheap you are for facials.
Regards Jo

You know what hun there is nowt queer as folk! People like that must have such negative energy to even take the time to post a message like that. Just ignore it and run your busines as you choose. However as it has been highlighted as a potential issue then I think you need to mention maybe why your prices are higher then the competition. After all you have hair salons that charge a whole range of different prices in the same town, why should nails be any diferent?

You just don´t want to attract this type of client anyway. One who devalues your work and bases their whole choice on price ... she´d be off as quick as a flash if someone cheaper came along. Aim your sights high and you´ll still be in business in years to come ... work smarter not harder. good luck and don´t let this individual get to you :hug:

Sassy has summed up everything I am sitting here thinking.

I work from home and charge the same as some salons, more than a few. Don't let this get to you, she is deliberately trying to offend and upset here, she must have nothing better to do. She may come crawling back with her tail between her legs when she's had them done somewhere on the cheap.

Sorry Nailzoo I have to agree with nail star2003 with the interpretation of the post on the website. There is only one reason why someone would post a comment like that, and it is not out of genuine interest in why these nails cost more. I don't think she even deserves a reply. :mad: I am all for positive thinking but I think this one just stretches it a bit too much . . . :rolleyes:

Anyways don't let this comment upset you, although I would feel EXACTLY like you. And don't you dare touch those prices babe. xx

After a quick look in your Gallery I'd say it looks like you're worth EVERY PENNY. xx

Ok peeps,

I can't thank everyone enough for all your comments. For those of you that have been on and looked at my site, most of the pics were actually taken approx 2-3 years ago!!!! So hopefully, my nails have improved since then and I think they have. Well, we'll see after the comp!!!

You're all wonderful :hug: and have made me feel fantastic. The next time I wake up with a huge spot I'm going to ask for some sympathy from you lot!!!! :lol::lol:

And one last thing, I'M NOT CHANGING MY PRICES!!!

Hi huni, I just had a look at your website, its fab and I like the layout.... back to the thread though.
For your area your prices are great and I know your area pretty well...........
You are not the dearest but you are not the cheapest either, you prices are aimed at those that care what happens to their nails. Now if they want to go to Grays town centre and have their cheap and cheerful nails then let them, these are not the clients you will want to attract anyway...........
Keep your prices as they are babe......... you worked so hard to get where you are now, education and I know you have had plenty costs and this is passed on in your prices....
I honestly dont think that the likes of Gordon Ramsey worry that Mac Donald burgers are cheaper then his prime cut fillet........ your the fillet babe and not the burger..........
Take care and chin up xxxxx

I honestly dont think that the likes of Gordon Ramsey worry that Mac Donald burgers are cheaper then his prime cut fillet........ your the fillet babe and not the burger..........

I love it:Love: Don't think I could've put it better myself!! :lol::hug::lol:

dont drop your prices, you are worth it.

This has to be a competitor IMO.

Who else would waste their time sending nasty emails like this?

If it is a client, they need to GET A LIFE!

Let them go to the cheap salons and get their nails ruined.

Move on and forget about this email. If it's in your inbox delete it. There are some nasty people out there who will try and knock your confidence. Brush it off and brush them off. This is bound to have upset you but ignore them lovey xxx They aren't worth it!

I forgot to add this which may help you, it helps me:

In reiki, we were told that negativeness from other people can be absorbed by ourselves making us feel like c**p.

I know how it feel to get down by something like this, have been there myself.

All I can suggest is to try what my reiki master told me: try having a bath or lying on the bed, in peace and quiet; imagine yourself in a bubble protected from the negativeness of the other person, let it bounce off you and move onwards and upwards. You can also do this if you are with a client who drains you. I have had plenty of these in my time.

Tell the other person that they can go elsewhere if they want cheap & nasty. You pay for what you get.

Even I am getting mad now. I know how annoying things like this are!

I've just looked at your nail art section of your website; all I can say is WOW WHAT A CREATION! and what talent you have.

I gave up acrylics a long time ago. Too long to do a set of nails and too many problems. I think you should be VERY PROUD OF YOUR WORK. Don't worry be happy. Your clients will be impressed as I am.

Ok, so some of you know how I've said business has been a bit slow and that I've given out some leaflets etc. Well, I didn't know people could be soooo rude!!

I logged on last night, as I do every night, and checked my emails to see that I had a message through my website enquiry form. What confronted me was certainly not what I expected :eek:. It said "I notice that your prices are higher than other local salons and I just wondered why. As you are home-based I would've thought that your prices would be cheaper. Thank you but I think I'll save my money and go somewhere else".

My blood was boiling :mad: and I thought how dare she!!! But then I sat back and thought "Maybe I should drop my prices". The problem is the only 'salons' around me are NSS's and so yeah, fair enough, my prices are higher but that's because I'm NVQ qualified and use a bloody good product!!

I've spoken to a few people and they've all said I shouldn't do anything with my prices. I've already got an 'Introduce a friend' offer at the mo but now I'm wondering if to cut my prices to get them though the door as say, £25 is better thn £0!!

Please give me some advice. It's left me feeling like crap. :cry:

Don't drop your prices just because 1 person is not happy. You should have replied to her and put something like "the reason my prices are higher. is because the products i use are good products, they don't contain ingredients such as MMs etc but mainly will not turn yellow within a couple of days. The ingredients which are in the products that i use will not damage your true nails like some other cheap brands will. I take great pride in my salon, and most of all my clients, and by ensuring that my clients will receive the best possible treatment I have to make sure that the best possible brands in the beauty industry are used. etc...' SHE WILL THEN notice that her nails will go yellow after a few days and maybe she will think about it twice. Cheaper is not always better, lol :green:
hope that helps and good luck and don't let 1 person put you down, don't forget there is always one. :lol:

I had a client come into my salon today and ask me how much an eyebrow, lip and chin wax was. I said £15.50 altogether and she replied by saying she has a girl who comes to her house who charges £12 so she wont have me and have her next week. She then walked out and slammed the door. Some people are rude. I thought about shouting after her to say I could match the price but then thought why should I it makes me look desperate which Im not! How any one can grumble at £3.50 is beyond me my regular clients normally give me that as a tip!!!

I think Your email is from another tech!!! Dont worry she feels threatened.:irked:

and you know what you are bloody good at nails to, if i lived close by i would come and get mine done. as i can't really do my own, lol. Don't worry about it, :)

oops, i didn't realise the email was sent through the website (perhaps that was wording also). My comment re: shoving it down necks, was in regard to the fact we are always going on about training, products, sanitisation etc ..... and that you should shove all your qualifications, experience etc down her neck so she could make an informed decision (hence explaining your price difference), but you already seem to have taken things the wrong way.
Is the glass half full, or half empty?

Nailzoo, maybe it was just the mood I was - no probs!!! No offence or anything taken!!!

You'll all be pleased to know that I'm feeling great today! :lol: I have a jampacked day with some really great clients (1 new) and hopefully I might even enter one for the nail comp!! :rolleyes: If not, I've always go my mum as back up!

:hug: You're all wonderful! :hug:​

Great news Kelly! We all have days when the worlds seems against us. :hug:

Just looked at your website nail star its really good.

Latest posts

Back