Rudest thing a client has ever said to you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That takes the p*ss, that type of approach works within the building trade when the services are ££££ and does both parties a favour. You really want to get caught out by the tax man for a few pounds? Cheek! I would of been like GET OUT!!

Exactly! And if you do it for one then everyone will start haggling! I would never dream of walking into a hairdressers or small independent retailer and offer them less for cash! I would doubt their professionalism. I suppose it's the first time anyone has ever asked me this....good on her for trying haha!

Yep me too. I'm scared of things like this happening when I open my own place as I know how horrible people can be! X

I would have sent her on her way!!!

Yeah without her re-application of gel polish as well. Horrid client you could do without.

I was working on saturday, and usually our clients are lovely. my boss was getting married so we were minus a receptionist. we were due a lady coming back to have her lashes removed due to an allergic reaction so it was already a high pressured day.
1st rude client was two sisters.

we have a few no shows on any given day, so if we get a walk in and the next appointment is late, i will take the walk in. so on saturday, at 5 past 12, my 12 o clock wasnt here, so i took a walk in. 12 o clock arrived with her sister a few minutes later and complained she had to wait, that was fine. then she saw another client come out who had just had a full set of semi permanent eyelashes applied. she fell in love with them and wanted a set but we book up way in advance so i told her i could book her in next week but that was no good, she needed them today (1.5 hours) i explained we had no appointments and she asked me if i could fit her in after we closed! she expected us to stay an extra 1.5 hours on a sat evening so as she could have her lashes done.

4:30 lash appointment was late showing up and the girl with the reaction showed up to have the lashes removed. two of us working, lash client was with the other girl and the lash removal was with me. i was also on reception, taking bookings and payments, rebooking refills and appointments for regulars for christmas. so we were busy.
the other therapist was running a few mins behind and wasnt finished by the time her 4:30 got here. i explained to the lady the therapist would be with her shortly. she started going on about having time to go for a coffee and i just politely said she wouldnt have time and brought my client downstairs. Now i didnt want to have her leave for coffee because a) we were already behind b) she was already late c) i wasnt going to leave a client with glue remover all over her irritated and infected eyes on her own to race up the stairs to answer the door and let her back in.
I would assume that was reasonable enough. In the meantime, the other therapist finished up and took over from my client and i came upstairs with her client to put her through on the system.
coffee lady was waiting at reception really annoyed with me because she "would have time to get coffee" and that she had no breakfast lunch or dinner and that she was SO THIRSTY and NEEDED coffee. And that her time was precious.

Hahaha crazy!
First Lady reminds me of a client who always had a Saturday 9am appointment who asked my colleague to do her hair one morning .... "Unfortunately she said I'm getting married that day so can't" ....... To which the client replied
"Oh it's ok, you can just do it before you get ready" [emoji15][emoji23]..... Ermmm no!

Drama queen I feel for you, that's manic!

I have to say though, it sounds as if where you work is understaffed. You can't be doing reception work and taking bookings as well as applying/removing lashes as it must be annoying for the client to keep being interrupted - and you! Plus if there was someone around to MAKE the lady a coffee instead of her needing to go and buy one, that could have been ironed out too. Def need another person .... Sorry just my obs after reading! :) x

'You're a well built girl arent you" not that rude really but i tool major offence lol. Im 5ft 9 and a size 12 so i look more like a 10b

'You're a well built girl arent you" not that rude really but i tool major offence lol. Im 5ft 9 and a size 12 so i look more like a 10b
That's horrible! A customer not so long ago said 'that apprentice is lovely, what's her name? You know the fat one' [emoji15] right next to her. I nearly fell over I was mortified x

That's horrible! A customer not so long ago said 'that apprentice is lovely, what's her name? You know the fat one' [emoji15] right next to her. I nearly fell over I was mortified x

I feel so bad for laughing

Yeah without her re-application of gel polish as well. Horrid client you could do without.

I Was relieved that she actually just had the removal and left. I wouldn't have been able to spend another 20 mins in her presence doing her gels. I would have lost my patience!

Lol i dont know why people think its ok to say these things... im really paranoid about my weight and her saying that has give me confirmation im right to feel that way

Lol i dont know why people think its ok to say these things... im really paranoid about my weight and her saying that has give me confirmation im right to feel that way
Don't let them get to you lovely [emoji45] some people just say twattish things, I get a lot of body comments but it's because I'm naturally slender but I have naturally very big boobs and people seem to think it is acceptable to ask about them, stare at them or try and touch them [emoji35]
The amount of new clients that think it's acceptable to ask me if they're real is unreal.

I know a lot of people think I'm dramatic but to me this is still a form of body shaming and is unacceptable. X

Criticism or comment on anyone's body shape is awful but some people seem to think it's totally acceptable, but to then touch you is outrageous!

I just got a fancy new reception desk and all clients are asking me is how much it cost! Clearly they are being nosy it's not like they are going to get one for their living room

Criticism or comment on anyone's body shape is awful but some people seem to think it's totally acceptable, but to then touch you is outrageous!

You're telling me [emoji19] drunk people especially are the most disgusting. X

I just got a fancy new reception desk and all clients are asking me is how much it cost! Clearly they are being nosy it's not like they are going to get one for their living room
Tell them 2 grand. Nosy twerps. X

Don't let them get to you lovely [emoji45] some people just say twattish things, I get a lot of body comments but it's because I'm naturally slender but I have naturally very big boobs and people seem to think it is acceptable to ask about them, stare at them or try and touch them [emoji35]
The amount of new clients that think it's acceptable to ask me if they're real is unreal.

I know a lot of people think I'm dramatic but to me this is still a form of body shaming and is unacceptable. X
Yeah my colleague has got really big boobs and she had a client who wouldnt stop commenting on them.. made her very uncomfortable

I had a client once ask where I was from. I said South America and she asked if we lived in huts. She wasn't joking, I thought for someone who was upper class she sure was ignorant. I said no we don't live in huts and we hv use knives and forks like everyone else.

Yeah my colleague has got really big boobs and she had a client who wouldnt stop commenting on them.. made her very uncomfortable

Women especially seem to feel entitled to ask questions [emoji19] x

Latest posts

Back