Salon Burnt Down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBack&Beyond

Reaction score
Geeks - today our salon burnt down, there’s nothing left.

We're really sad - but thankfully no one was hurt and I am sure that from the ashes a phoenix will rise.

My reason for this post? I want you all to carefully think about how you would recover your business if disaster would strike.

- Is your diary secure?
- Where are your customer record cards?
- Can you replace your stock?
- What sentimental items have you got around you?
- Where would you work tomorrow if your salon burnt down?
- How do you recover your business?

I'm sure you'd rather not think about any of these things - but believe me - they are strong in my mind right now. I hope you can develop a survival strategy and ensure you are properly insured.

Be safe Geeks!
Jason.

That's awful!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't know what else to say, other than I hope that everyone recovers financially and emotionally very soon. xx

oh my goodness! i'm so sorry to hear that... so glad no-one was hurt and really hope you get back to business a.s.a.p!

you'll be in my prayers tonight xxx

Oh that's absolutely terrible. Glad no-one was hurt.
Haven't really thought about having a back-up system to be honest but now you mention it, i think i will get a copy of all client records and keep a disc at home.
We always think that it won't happen to us, but this just shows that it can happen to anyone.
Hope you are back up and running soon x

:eek:
Bloody hell. This is the worst post I've read in SG.
Are you alright?
How did it happen, do you know yet?
Lordy, I hope you were insured.

Please keep us posted.
Sending you waves of strength...

Thanks so much for all your support. In short, until we're allowed back in the building we've no idea how bad it is. The roof went, and it spread to next door too.

I can't stress how much importance you should think about this. Your business is critical - how are you going to defend it?

Thats horrid! im so sorry for you ! :hug:
I took out extra insurnce on myne to cover produts ect , as for my record cards ,certificates, and all of my receets and accounts they would be gone! , i dont think theres anything of personal value there that I can think of nouthing I couldnt live with out, the main thing being no one is hurt right?
will your insurnce cover it all? did you have personal items?
I am so sorry for you hun ,
but like you said a phenix from the ashes right? X

Your business is critical - how are you going to defend it?

I have comprehensive insurance which covers structure, infrastructure, loss of earnings, theft, disaster etc and a back up venue should I be left without a premises. The latter is not necessary as my policy covers this but it is something I arranged as a peace-of-mind thing for me in that if anything should happen, I don't want to wait for an insurance company to relocate me. I want to know where I'm going.

I also have client records which are kept off-site and can be utilised at short notice. Given that I am a local salon (as opposed to a big spa or chain) I am able to contact my clientele personally should I need to (which is what I prefer to do rather than SMS).

To answer your questions in short:

- Is your diary secure?
Yes
- Where are your customer record cards?
Off site. I keep copies on my PDA which is with me at all times.
- Can you replace your stock?
Yes. In 24 hours.
- What sentimental items have you got around you?
I don't have anything of sentimental value in my salon area.
- Where would you work tomorrow if your salon burnt down?
Another premises nearby.
- How do you recover your business?
By dusting yourself off, enacting all the protective measures you put in place and start again.

Keep going, Jason xx

. . . that's the right answer Velveteen! xx

I'm sorry to hear that Jason. I hope you can get up and running again soon. What a shock for you.

Oh Jason I'm gutted for you. Keep your public face strong and composed. I'm sure you will bounce back however dark it is looking right now. My thoughts are with you. xx

My insurance has business interuption in the policy. Check yours. Our client database is backed up off site.

What a totall nightmare for you, hopefully there is a geek nearby who can help you out with a room while your salon is rebuilt.x

What terrible news, glad that everyone is safe and wishing you lots of luck for your future business. What great advise to give best wishes to you and your staff

Ditto to whateveryone else has said Jason, and at least no one was hurt.

Insurance is a nightmare to muster - ive just had my policy through for my premises and when he was going over it on the phone, he never asked or mentioned if I will keep "flammables", reading through over the weekend there was the question! So I have to change that to yes and other things

My other half works in insurance so he makes sure I have all the right ticks in the right boxes, because you only have to ensure that 1 thing is missing for them not to pay out!!!

I will be making sure I have a back up of client details as I had completely not thought about it -

Hope all goes well for you all in the future and im sure you will be back on your feet as soon as poss

Oh no - so sorry to hear that, Jason :(

So glad that no-one was hurt though.

Its fortunate nobody was hurt, sorry this has happened to your business.
"Keep calm and carry on" I'm sure you will get through this and come out at the other end. :hug:

Wow, i've just read this thread in shock.
It's given me a lot to think about, I may have to ask my boss a few questions about stuff tomorrow.
I really hope you get back on your feet soon xx

Jason,, what a shock for you! I am so sorry.
I hope you get up and running again very soon.
Hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is awful, I am so sorry, I hope you get up and running again soon.

Jason

I'm so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know if there's anything we can do.

Sarah

Latest posts

Back