Scottish Geeky Waxing Workshop March 2008

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'll be there, would there be any chance of bringing a class mate?

Alison
x

I count 8 geeks for a full day including your good self Angela....looking good so far.

I counted 9 before Alimac:eek:

But I am feeling fragile I am trying to complete my Tax Return:irked:

Hey wow, that's an amazing response, thanks Derek for bumping that up and for the enthusiasm from fellow Geeks!

Looks like the vote is for a full day, and we can accommodate everyone who has expressed an interest so far, hurrah! :D

I'm going to give Derek a call tomorrow morning to finalise everything and then I'll post details on how to book... watch this space, Geeks!

Andy x

Fab that you're doing this for us !
10 - 4 sounds good to me, as I've a ferry journey to get to Renfrew.
Count me in.

I am also keen to attend.

Okay folks, we've gone for a full day (10am-4pm) and booking is now open! :green:

To book: email me at (bookings closed, sorry folks) with your Geek name, real name and contact telephone number. I will send a confirmation email within 24-hours with workshop information and directions to the venue if you have been successful in securing a place.

To keep things simple, please do not PM me via the SalonGeek site or ask to be booked via this thread, and please do not contact Perron Rigot or Thalgo as they are not involved with this workshop. This is an independent SalonGeek event. I work full-time, so don't panic if you don't get a reply straight away! :wink2:

Spaces are limited, PLEASE only book yourself a place once you are 100% certain that you can attend. If you fail to show on the day without letting me know in advance, you’ll face the wrath of me and any fellow Geeks who missed out on a place (and I bite!).

I'm adding names to the first post as bookings come through - if you don't want your name appearing in lights, just send me a quick PM and I'll remove it.

Any other questions, feel free to PM or post them here! Looking forward to meeting you all on the day :D

Andy x

Last edited:
Yes I'll be there, would there be any chance of bringing a class mate?

Alison
x

Hi Alison,

Because the workshops are quite popular, I'm afraid I have to restrict attendance to existing Geeks so that everyone from the forum who wants to come will be able to. Otherwise we just get overrun with friends and colleagues, lol, and we have a limited amount of space and time to work with.

What I have said in the past is that if people want to bring a friend, I will keep their name on a 'standby' list, but priority will always be given to existing and active members of this board as it is primarily a Salongeek event.

Hope everyone can understand the reasons behind this :hug:

Andy x

No , thats OK I am absolutely fine with that and understand.

Hopefully I will get a place as I;ve just had my electricity restored and read the booking post.

Thanks a lot.

Alison

Hopefully I will get a place as I;ve just had my electricity restored and read the booking post.

Thanks a lot.

Alison

You do indeed have a space, Alison - I look forward to meeting you on the day! :D

Andy

Hi there,
Just a quick one, as yet I am not qualified - begin my training in March. Your course looks brilliant. Do you ever run waxing courses for beginners? If so approx how much do they cost?. Recently had the best Brazillian ever in New York and would like to take Waxing, Spray Tan and Nails mobile in the near future. Can you recommend any particular product for Waxing?. So many questions I know - but I am in heavy research mode and giving up a well paid job to pursue this. Thanks for any help in advance - Sonny

PS. What a fabulous forum and website this is...

Hi Everyone,

I have only just joined and I am looking to set up a mobile business in the Glasgow area that will provide Waxing, Spray Tan and Nail Extensions. I have managed to source plenty advice throught the net re nails and tan, however I need some pointers with the waxing. I have signed up for a college night course that begins in March (so can't sign up for the fab course that is being run on the 17th) and lasts 6 weeks and would plan to complete a top up for Brazillian after qualifying.

Anyone who has any advice on top products, avoidance of pitfalls etc would be much appreciated. I am still working full time in a very stressful social care job and currently trying to fit all this in. Excited and determined but just a bit worried about taking the plunge.

PS I recently had a brazillian in New York and it was unlike anything I have had in Glasgow!!

Hi Everyone,

I have only just joined and I am looking to set up a mobile business in the Glasgow area that will provide Waxing, Spray Tan and Nail Extensions. I have managed to source plenty advice throught the net re nails and tan, however I need some pointers with the waxing. I have signed up for a college night course that begins in March (so can't sign up for the fab course that is being run on the 17th) and lasts 6 weeks and would plan to complete a top up for Brazillian after qualifying.

Anyone who has any advice on top products, avoidance of pitfalls etc would be much appreciated. I am still working full time in a very stressful social care job and currently trying to fit all this in. Excited and determined but just a bit worried about taking the plunge.

PS I recently had a brazillian in New York and it was unlike anything I have had in Glasgow!!

Hi Sonny, thanks for your message and welcome to the site!

You might be better off starting a new thread with your waxing questions, as I'm a bit worried they will get lost among the posts about the Glasgow workshop and people won't see them.

We have some excellent, experienced waxing Geeks on this board with lots of knowledge, but not all of them will be watching these messages - a new thread will make sure as many people as possible see your questions and you will get loads of helpful advice.

In the meantime: I use, love and recommend Perron Rigot waxes but there are lots of brilliant brands out there. A lot will depend on your budget, your preference in terms of wax type (cream, honey, gel, fragranced or unperfumed, etc), application method (pot and spatula, roller wax, or disposable tube), and choice of strip versus non-strip wax. You'll cover all of this on your course, but my personal advice is to start with and master the pot and spatula method, and to try a couple of cream and honey-type waxes to see which texture you prefer. Non-strip hard wax is also making a come-back and is worth looking into once you've mastered the strip method.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me if I can help.

Andy :D

P.S. I also moved from a career in the social care sector to the beauty industry and it was the best thing I ever did! Good luck with your course :hug:

Bumpity-bump :D

Last few spaces, Geeks. If your name appears as "attending" in the first post but you've not received a confirmation email from me, please let me know.

Also please note I am only accepting bookings via email - if you've expressed an interest on this thread, you still need to email me to confirm your place and get directions, etc.

Andy :green:

Last edited:
You'll all be sick of me posting by now, lol, but I just wanted to share some good news!

I received notification this morning that the Geeky Waxing Workshops have been approved by The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists for 9 CPD points.

This means that all Geeks attending the workshop will receive a certificate in Hot Waxing Techniques, demonstrating to employers and customers a clear commitment to your on-going professional development.

So... there we are! :green:

Andy x

P.S. I will be offering certificates to all previous attendees of the Geeky Waxing Workshops as well - watch the boards for details.

That's excellent news Andy, well done!

I second that...excellent news!!

Remember Andy although my name is on as attending I am just asssisting with any logistical things I don't know my wax pot from my spatula, and only want to see the smiling faces of my fellow geeks :o:

Brilliant news Andy you truly deserve it xxxxxx:hug:

Hi - just back on this week after being away from site for a while, but would love to come along if there are any spaces. Will email and see . Hopefully - will keep my fingers crossed !!!!

Got a reply straight back and I am going !!! Thats me getting organised to get back to doing more treatments after some time out. Thanks Andy .

You'll all be sick of me posting by now, lol, but I just wanted to share some good news!

I received notification this morning that the Geeky Waxing Workshops have been approved by The Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists for 9 CPD points.

This means that all Geeks attending the workshop will receive a certificate in Hot Waxing Techniques, demonstrating to employers and customers a clear commitment to your on-going professional development.

So... there we are! :green:

Andy x

P.S. I will be offering certificates to all previous attendees of the Geeky Waxing Workshops as well - watch the boards for details.
Wow Andy that is fantastic news well done you :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back