sculpting on myself on the wrong hand!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsey

Reaction score
Hi

Im having a go at sculpting on myself tonight and need some help with doing the wrong hand, are there any tips or advice you can give me on this, Im so unsure at sculpting anyway but would really like to try again, last time it was a disaster just couldnt get the forms to stay on properly i use the metal ones and just couldnt do it help me !!!!! lol x
thanks for your help!

jules x

I struggled the first few times I tried sculpting on myself, good or bad hand lol... I used CND's performance forms and they stayed exactly where I wanted them to be, but fitting them on yourself one handed is a bit of a swine.
Last time I sculpted on myself I left some of the sticky backing on the form so I could get it to fit snugly under my free edge without getting into a mess with the form sticking to my skin before I'd got it in the right place.

hi sandi

very tricky either hand, just find it so hard to keep the forms on straight lol maybe i could try changing the forms like you say, or maybe i need a 121 on this one lol x x thanks sandi x x

jules x

Hi hun, you have an NSI trainer in Bedford His name is Tony and the name of his place is Nikki's nails, his wifes name:lol: he did a 121 sculpting day with me which was bril, but you realy want those peformance forms, they make life so much easier, also work on your bad hand first, don't know why but they turn out better that way.

Hi hun, you have an NSI trainer in Bedford His name is Tony and the name of his place is Nikki's nails, his wifes name:lol: he did a 121 sculpting day with me which was bril, but you realy want those peformance forms, they make life so much easier, also work on your bad hand first, don't know why but they turn out better that way.

hey thanks susie thats great info, ill bear that one in mind nice and close.
Going to try it tonight and will do the wrong hand first thanks againxxx

jules x

Good luck with it Jules I can't offer any advice with it as I am pants with sculpting!!!!

Good luck with it Jules I can't offer any advice with it as I am pants with sculpting!!!!

thanks gem me too but i keep getting the urge to do it !!! ill pass on any tips pmsl xxx

jules x

thanks gem me too but i keep getting the urge to do it !!! ill pass on any tips pmsl xxx
jules x
I keep getting the urge to try it but I have to say I do keep resisting, hats off to you, you are braver than me! Hope it goes a ok!

I just sculpted on myself a week ago.
The results were not posted because they were that dreadful LOL

I have 'refilled' them to fix up the boo-boos :o but still not happy.
Maybe I'll post pics, don't know LOL

I couldn't use regular forms.. trying to put them on with one hand was a no go. Got stuck together all over the place, in the wrong places, must have been at it for 20min. :irked: When hubby walked in and saw me wrestling with a form that had gotten stuck to both hands..... he cracked up.
That's when I threw in the towel.

I have re-useables that I used. I dont like them as they don't stay put, they're wobbly. HATE them LOL But oh well :cry:
They got the job done, now just fixing my flubs

I know one thing, sculpting is NOT for the weak hearted BUT if you get it done, and it looks great, then you can do ANYTHING (at least, that's what I think LOL)

I'm sure you'll do a great job and please post pics when you're done
:hug:

Sticking your tongue out as far as it will go while you do your wrong hand is a great help LOL!:lol:

Sticking your tongue out as far as it will go while you do your wrong hand is a great help LOL!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohhhhhh:eek: Is THAT what I was supposed to stick out?
Whoops

:lol:

Keep practising the sculpting I used to hate it as I was trained in tips but now I love them!!!! I find them to look a lot more natural and so much easier than having to blend the tips etc. Also as for doing the wrong hand as mad as this sounds sometimes that hand turns out better than the other!!! So just keep going you will love it x

when putting the forms on, place the doughnut bit in the middle on the sticky part, roll the form first to try and get a c curve as you would for a client, then apply the forms under the free edge using your index finger and thumb(like you are pinching with the pads of your fingers), this should allow you to retain as much of the shape of the c curve, then place the for under the free edge, slide fingers forward to stick the sides so it doesn't ping of then stick the top and then seal the bottom.

Voila! form placed

hope this helps not sure how well i explained it though.

some body once said to me stick one of the middle oval parts on to the underneath of the form to join the two peices together firmly ..it does help !
and sandy your a bloomin genius ..that keeping the sticky back on tip is great !! i love you :hug:

LOL you know what i used to do that when training at college my clients would laugh at me......

Keep practising the sculpting I used to hate it as I was trained in tips but now I love them!!!! I find them to look a lot more natural and so much easier than having to blend the tips etc. Also as for doing the wrong hand as mad as this sounds sometimes that hand turns out better than the other!!! So just keep going you will love it x

Thanks miss tinny i to wish i could get the art of it like i did with tip and overlay, i will keep practising it saves so much time... thanks x

when putting the forms on, place the doughnut bit in the middle on the sticky part, roll the form first to try and get a c curve as you would for a client, then apply the forms under the free edge using your index finger and thumb(like you are pinching with the pads of your fingers), this should allow you to retain as much of the shape of the c curve, then place the for under the free edge, slide fingers forward to stick the sides so it doesn't ping of then stick the top and then seal the bottom.

Voila! form placed

hope this helps not sure how well i explained it though.

Very detailed hun thanks so much been thaving a go tonight not that good though will keep at it thanks for your help on this one.
Thanks Victoria and all helped, going to try some different forms see if that helps me, sorry but the pics would be rubbish, once ive cracked it then i would be proud to show them lol x

jules x

some body once said to me stick one of the middle oval parts on to the underneath of the form to join the two peices together firmly ..it does help !
and sandy your a bloomin genius ..that keeping the sticky back on tip is great !! i love you :hug:

Thanks emmsy
it was your sculpts that inspired me but unfortunatley did not got to plan long way off from yours hun lol x but im digesting all this info and with practise i should get there...thanks againx sandi keeps those tips coming....:hug:

julesx

I always make myself do my wrong hand first anyway and sometimes find, because i am being so careful, it turns out better than my good hand.

Sculpting is one of those things, where you need to place the forms correctly. The more you do it, the easier it gets. Once you have cracked the placing of the forms, then you will find things alot easier.

I love doing sculpted nails, they are so much better in shape i feel and clients always find it fascinating to watch you do it.

Latest posts

Back