Sedation for ingrown toenail surgery

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Just been reading the 'dental sedation' thread and its got me thinking- can you be sedated for minor surgery? Ive got ingrown toenails (disgusting i know!) on both big toes, both sides and had surgery at my GP's a couple of years ago. I was meant to have both sides of one toe done but i had 7 anasthetic injections in my toe and i could still feel everything! Didnt want it to be a wasted app so i just manned up and had it cut )': since that appointment ive discovered that im the same as my mom as anasthetic doesnt seem to work on us (nor paracetamol, ibuprofen etc. only cocodamol!) now i thought of asking to go to hospital and put me to sleep to have the remaining 3 sides done but i doubt theyd refer me for it, but is it possible just to be sedated? Has anyone else had this procedure done whilst sedated? Really need to sort them out now after being in so much pain for 10 years and having to pick them down to nearly nothing just so i can be pain free! Thanks in advance :) xx

I haven't had the surgery you mention, but I did have liposuction done under sedation several years ago! It was fine, very quick recovery (actually walked from operating theatre to recovery room!) and pain free. Not sure which procedures it is suitable for, but worked great for me! hth xxx

Thank you for your reply :) i hope they could do it for me!

Anyone else had this done? X

Im sure if you explained the situation, and that its hereditary, your doc would refer you to hospital but it will probably take ages for an appointment.

You wondering if you have tried an acrylic overlay on your toenails. It can really help pull the nail straight as it grows.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back